Is God the author of sin ?

beloved57

It amazes me how so many say they believe in the Sovereign God of the universe but yet are quick to say that God isn't the author of sin. What do I mean by God is the author of sin ? Im not saying God is the doer of sin so dont confuse the two. The word author means:

one that originates or creates something : source

Sin and its existence originated in the Mind and Purpose of God, from a Eternal Purpose view point God is the First cause and source of sin, and by this Hes the author of sin. No the devil nor man nor angels are the author of sin, even though they are the doers of sin. God created them to be according to His Eternal Purpose in Christ Jesus Eph 3:11 doers of sin. Yet God is the First and Primary cause of them becoming doers of sin.

Now to deny that God is the author of sin as described above is to deny that God is the first and primary cause, source and author of Salvation in and through the Lord Jesus Christ, which is His Eternal Purpose Eph 3:11

11 According to the eternal purpose which he purposed in Christ Jesus our Lord:

Last edited:

beloved57

To say God isn't the author of sin,is to say Hes not the author of His own Eternal Purpose in Christ Jesus, which is Salvation from sin, its to say therefore that Gods eternal purpose was prompted by temporal things,sources or beings outside of Himself . That's a contradiction and a attack on Gods Eternal Wisdom Eph 3:9-11

9 And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:

10 To the intent that now unto the principalities and powers in heavenly places might be known by the church the manifold wisdom of God, See also 1 Cor 1:24

11 According to the eternal purpose which he purposed in Christ Jesus our Lord:

Last edited:

Caino

BANNED
Banned
God is the creator of life. The children of God are endowed with choice to do God’s will or not. God is not a house divided against itself, infinite perfection is not simualtaniously infinite sin. Sin is deliberate disloyalty to deity by not deity beings.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
God is the creator of life. The children of God are endowed with choice to do God’s will or not. God is not a house divided against itself, infinite perfection is not simualtaniously infinite sin. Sin is deliberate disloyalty to deity by not deity beings.

I said
How do you reconcile your statement with satans deity?
Deity-Divinity

I have seen these words used in so many different context, that I had to go to the library and look in the big dictionary. To try to find out why these people are using it the way they are. It amazed me. The carnal language is dangerous because it is satans play ground. Satan can use the carnal mind, change a few words, exaggerate anything there. But the spiritual mind which is only verses, he has no power. He can only try with a piece of a verse, and this is why I tell everybody. If you ever get a piece of a verse, go look it up for verification. But he(satan) will not use a whole verse because that is glorifiing Christ. And satan is anti-christ. Now when I speak of verses I'm speaking of new testament verses, because we know that he(satan) quotes old testament verses. And yes the Holy Spirit quotes old testament verses to. But Christ is the new testament. Anyway check out these deffinitions from the big dictionary at the library.

deity 1 a: often cap : divine nature or rank: the essintial nature of a god or of a supreme being: DIVINITY

di-vin-i-ty 1:the quality or state of being divine: nature or essence of God: GODHEAD (the divinity of Jesus) a celestial being inferior to the supreme God but superior to man<one of the subservient divinities>

Now it doesnt say that Jesus is God, what it says is He is second in command, it says Jesus is inferior to the supreme God but over every other creature in heaven and on earth.
I got my deffinitions from websters new world dictionary copyright 1993

Col 2-9
I think your totally missing what that one verse was saying. It was talking about the fullness of God working through Jesus. Has nothing to do with the deity of Jesus.

Col 2:8-9
8 Beware lest anyone cheat you through philosophy and empty deceit, according to the tradition of men, according to the basic principles of the world, and not according to Christ.
9 For in Him dwells all the fullness of the Godhead bodily;
(NKJ)

2 Cor 5:19
19 that is, that God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself, not imputing their trespasses to them, and has committed to us the word of reconciliation.
(NKJ)

Stricked Rules Of Believing
Trinity is NOT in the Word of God. Deity is NOT in the Word of God. God the Son is NOT in the Word of God. God the Holy Spirit is NOT in the Word of God. What is in the Word of God is. Dont think beyond what is written, Dont add one thing to it or take one thing away from it.

1 Cor 4:6
6 Now these things, brethren, I have figuratively transferred to myself and Apollos for your sakes, that you may learn in us not to think beyond what is written, that none of you may be puffed up on behalf of one against the other.
(NKJ)

Rev 22:18-19
18 For I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds to these things, God will add to him the plagues that are written in this book;
19 and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part from the Book of Life, from the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.
(NKJ)

John 12:48-50
48 "He who rejects Me, and does not receive My words, has that which judges him-- the word that I have spoken will judge him in the last day.
49 "For I have not spoken on My own authority; but the Father who sent Me gave Me a command, what I should say and what I should speak.
50 "And I know that His command is everlasting life. Therefore, whatever I speak, just as the Father has told Me, so I speak."
(NKJ)
AND THE DEITY OF SATAN

xxxThe devil is a deity.

4567 Satanas (sat-an-as');

of Aramaic origin corresponding to 4566 (with the definite affix); the accuser, i.e. the devil:

KJV-- Satan.

1140 daimonion (dahee-mon'-ee-on);

neuter of a derivative of 1142; a daemonic being; by extension a deity:

KJV-- devil, god.

The only three in one trinity god in the bible is the dragon, devil, satan.

2316 theos (theh'-os);

of uncertain affinity; a deity, especially (with 3588) the supreme Divinity; figuratively, a magistrate; by Hebraism, very:

KJV-- X exceeding, God, god [-ly, -ward].

2 Cor 11:14-15
14 And no wonder! For Satan himself transforms himself into an angel of light.
15 Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also transform themselves into ministers of righteousness, whose end will be according to their works.
(NKJ)

II Th 2:4
4 who opposes and exalts himself above all that is called God or that is worshiped, so that he sits as God in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God.
(NKJ)

xxx There is only one three in one god in the whole bible. Satan is useing the trinity to mock the living God.

Rev 20:2
2 He laid hold of the dragon, that serpent of old, who is the Devil and Satan, and bound him for a thousand years;
(NKJ)

Nanja

To say God isn't the author of sin, the author of His own Eternal Purpose in Christ Jesus, which is Salvation from sin, its to say therefore that Gods eternal purpose was prompted by temporal things,sources or beings outside of Himself . That's a contradiction and a attack on Gods Eternal Wisdom Eph 3:9-11

[FONT=&]9 [/FONT]And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:
[FONT="] [/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000][FONT=&]10 [/FONT]To the intent that now unto the principalities and powers in heavenly places might[B] be known by the church the manifold wisdom of God, See also 1 Cor 1:24

[/B][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000][FONT="] [/FONT]
[FONT=&]11 [/FONT]According to the eternal purpose which he purposed in Christ Jesus our Lord:

Amen to parts 1 and 2 !

The Truth that God is the Author of sin is revealed in scripture to His Elect.

2 Thes. 2:13
But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:

Titus 1:1-2
Paul, a servant of God, and an apostle of Jesus Christ, according to the faith of God's elect, and the acknowledging of the truth which is after godliness; 2 In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began;

2 Tim. 1:9
Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,

God's Purpose in Christ Jesus as the redemptive Head of His Church, was to impute the sins of His Elect to His Son and His Righteousness to them Ps. 32:1-2; Rom. 5:21 being predestinated according to the Purpose of Him who works all things according to the counsel of His Own Will Eph. 1:11; to obtain an inheritance Eph. 1:5 in Christ their Surety Heb. 7:22 before the foundation of the world Mat. 25:34. Thus, He never appointed His Elect to wrath, but strictly to obtain Salvation / Justification.

Rom. 8:33
Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth.

God created His Elect to sin under His Law, so Christ, who was made under the Law, would become a curse for every one of them, and Save them by His Blood 1 Pet. 1:19-20.

Gal. 4:4-5 But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law, 5 To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons.

God, in His Wisdom, knowing the end from the beginning, already Purposed Christ's death, burial and resurrection from Everlasting For His Chosen People Eph. 1:4-7; Mat. 1:21; Acts 5:31; Deut. 7:6-7; and according to His Purpose and Grace in Christ Jesus, already Saved them, His Vessels of Mercy Rom. 9:23 before the world began.

But the non-elect, His Vessels of wrath Rom. 9:22, God Created for His Purpose to condemn them for their sins against His Holy Law.

Is 46:10
Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure:

Job 21:30
That the wicked is reserved to the day of destruction? they shall be brought forth to the day of wrath.

Job 23:13-14
13 But he is in one mind, and who can turn him? and what his soul desireth, even that he doeth 14 For he performeth the thing that is appointed for me: and many such things are with him.

Prov. 16:4
The LORD hath made all things for himself: yea, even the wicked for the day of evil.

Last edited:

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Sin was created when the law was created. If God said don't eat that apple, it was a sin to eat it.

Last edited:

beloved57

To say God isn't the author of sin, is to say Hes not the author of His own Eternal Purpose in Christ Jesus, which is Salvation from sin, its to say therefore that Gods eternal purpose was prompted by temporal things,sources or beings outside of Himself . That's a contradiction and a attack on Gods Eternal Wisdom Eph 3:9-11

beloved57

Sin was created when the law of created. If God said don't eat that apple, it was a sin to eat it.

Ok you admit sin was created, and scripture says Rev 4:11

[FONT=&quot]Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast [/FONT]created[FONT=&quot] all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were [/FONT]created[FONT=&quot].[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

Sin was Created for Gods pleasure ![/FONT]

Nanja

To say God isn't the author of sin, is to say Hes not the author of His own Eternal Purpose in Christ Jesus, which is Salvation from sin, its to say therefore that Gods eternal purpose was prompted by temporal things,sources or beings outside of Himself . That's a contradiction and a attack on Gods Eternal Wisdom Eph 3:9-11

Amen, most definitely !

Bradley D

"For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace.." (1 Corinthians 14:33). Human beings are the author of sin beginning with Adam and Eve who wanted to be like "gods."

Reactions: Lon

marhig

"For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace.." (1 Corinthians 14:33). Human beings are the author of sin beginning with Adam and Eve who wanted to be like "gods."
Bradley I was thinking about that last night, and how Satan wanted to be like God too and Pharaoh did also, we start getting into a bad way when we start to get above ourselves, like Nebuchadnezzar did and we fall for Satan's temptations, he wants to be like the most high, and those listening to him, love the highest seats too. But Jesus came as a servant. And I thought that in the flesh we love ourselves and love the praise of men, we put ourselves first and forget God and we love to build up in the world, that's what our flesh is like and Satan will tempt us and feed our ego if we let him, but it's not worth it, as we can gain the whole world and lose our soul.

But Jesus came and showed us how to humble ourselves and become a servant, because it's only when we become humble and stop putting ourselves first, that we truly think of others, Jesus showed us the example and showed us the way, and taught us that we are to let go of this world, become humble and live to please God. And God will strengthen us and the stronger we become in God, the more we let go of our lives in the flesh.

When we're strong in the flesh we act as if we are something, and we want the world and the pleasures of this life. But when we belong to God we know we are nothing and we start to turn from the world and live to please God and we don't need the praise of men or the pleasures of the world, we only want to glorify God and bring him to others. And it's only by God's grace that we have any goodness in us, because all goodness comes from him. We are just flesh and we are in darkness until we are blessed by the living God to have a chance to know him, when we hear the gospel of truth, the word of reconciliation and life and we then have the chance to be brought out of the darkness into the light of God through Christ by the Spirit, if we truly believe, repent, have faith and are ready to live by the will of God

Caino

BANNED
Banned
I said
How do you reconcile your statement with satans deity?
Deity-Divinity

I have seen these words used in so many different context, that I had to go to the library and look in the big dictionary. To try to find out why these people are using it the way they are. It amazed me. The carnal language is dangerous because it is satans play ground. Satan can use the carnal mind, change a few words, exaggerate anything there. But the spiritual mind which is only verses, he has no power. He can only try with a piece of a verse, and this is why I tell everybody. If you ever get a piece of a verse, go look it up for verification. But he(satan) will not use a whole verse because that is glorifiing Christ. And satan is anti-christ. Now when I speak of verses I'm speaking of new testament verses, because we know that he(satan) quotes old testament verses. And yes the Holy Spirit quotes old testament verses to. But Christ is the new testament. Anyway check out these deffinitions from the big dictionary at the library.

deity 1 a: often cap : divine nature or rank: the essintial nature of a god or of a supreme being: DIVINITY

di-vin-i-ty 1:the quality or state of being divine: nature or essence of God: GODHEAD (the divinity of Jesus) a celestial being inferior to the supreme God but superior to man<one of the subservient divinities>

Now it doesnt say that Jesus is God, what it says is He is second in command, it says Jesus is inferior to the supreme God but over every other creature in heaven and on earth.
I got my deffinitions from websters new world dictionary copyright 1993

Col 2-9
I think your totally missing what that one verse was saying. It was talking about the fullness of God working through Jesus. Has nothing to do with the deity of Jesus.

Col 2:8-9
8 Beware lest anyone cheat you through philosophy and empty deceit, according to the tradition of men, according to the basic principles of the world, and not according to Christ.
9 For in Him dwells all the fullness of the Godhead bodily;
(NKJ)

2 Cor 5:19
19 that is, that God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself, not imputing their trespasses to them, and has committed to us the word of reconciliation.
(NKJ)

Stricked Rules Of Believing
Trinity is NOT in the Word of God. Deity is NOT in the Word of God. God the Son is NOT in the Word of God. God the Holy Spirit is NOT in the Word of God. What is in the Word of God is. Dont think beyond what is written, Dont add one thing to it or take one thing away from it.

1 Cor 4:6
6 Now these things, brethren, I have figuratively transferred to myself and Apollos for your sakes, that you may learn in us not to think beyond what is written, that none of you may be puffed up on behalf of one against the other.
(NKJ)

Rev 22:18-19
18 For I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds to these things, God will add to him the plagues that are written in this book;
19 and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part from the Book of Life, from the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.
(NKJ)

John 12:48-50
48 "He who rejects Me, and does not receive My words, has that which judges him-- the word that I have spoken will judge him in the last day.
49 "For I have not spoken on My own authority; but the Father who sent Me gave Me a command, what I should say and what I should speak.
50 "And I know that His command is everlasting life. Therefore, whatever I speak, just as the Father has told Me, so I speak."
(NKJ)
AND THE DEITY OF SATAN

xxxThe devil is a deity.

4567 Satanas (sat-an-as');

of Aramaic origin corresponding to 4566 (with the definite affix); the accuser, i.e. the devil:

KJV-- Satan.

1140 daimonion (dahee-mon'-ee-on);

neuter of a derivative of 1142; a daemonic being; by extension a deity:

KJV-- devil, god.

The only three in one trinity god in the bible is the dragon, devil, satan.

2316 theos (theh'-os);

of uncertain affinity; a deity, especially (with 3588) the supreme Divinity; figuratively, a magistrate; by Hebraism, very:

KJV-- X exceeding, God, god [-ly, -ward].

2 Cor 11:14-15
15 Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also transform themselves into ministers of righteousness, whose end will be according to their works.
(NKJ)

II Th 2:4
4 who opposes and exalts himself above all that is called God or that is worshiped, so that he sits as God in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God.
(NKJ)

xxx There is only one three in one god in the whole bible. Satan is useing the trinity to mock the living God.

Rev 20:2
2 He laid hold of the dragon, that serpent of old, who is the Devil and Satan, and bound him for a thousand years;
(NKJ)

Satan never was a God, that was his lie, his self delusion, the idea that he could carry out a successful rebellion.

Jesus defeated Satan in truth, he reveled the Father to man and celestial beings who live by Faith in the unseen father. Satan was taken into custody. He is gone! Only the confusion and dysfunction of Satan remains.

Bradley D

I agree that being humble is very important. I ask God for humility everyday in my prayers.

"Humble yourselves before the Lord, and he will lift you up" (James 4:10).

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Ok you admit sin was created, and scripture says Rev 4:11

[FONT="]Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast [/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]created[/COLOR][COLOR=#000000][FONT="] all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were [/FONT]created[FONT="].[/FONT][/COLOR][/B][COLOR=#000000][FONT="]
Sin was Created for Gods pleasure ![/FONT]

I said
That looks like a bad translation.

[Rev 4:11
11 "You are worthy, O Lord, To receive glory and honor and power; For You created all things, And by Your will they exist and were created."

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Satan never was a God, that was his lie, his self delusion, the idea that he could carry out a successful rebellion.

Jesus defeated Satan in truth, he reveled the Father to man and celestial beings who live by Faith in the unseen father. Satan was taken into custody. He is gone! Only the confusion and dysfunction of Satan remains.

I said
I don't know where you got that. Satan is alive and well, and working today.

[Mar 8:33
33 But when He had turned around and looked at His disciples, He rebuked Peter, saying, "Get behind Me, Satan! For you are not mindful of the things of God, but the things of men."
[Luk 4:8
8 And Jesus answered and said to him, "Get behind Me, Satan! For it is written, 'You shall worship the LORD your God, and Him only you shall serve.' "
[Luk 13:16
16 "So ought not this woman, being a daughter of Abraham, whom Satan has bound--think of it--for eighteen years, be loosed from this bond on the Sabbath?"
[Luk 22:3, 31
3 Then Satan entered Judas, surnamed Iscariot, who was numbered among the twelve. ... 31 And the Lord said, "Simon, Simon! Indeed, Satan has asked for you, that he may sift [you] as wheat.
[Rom 16:20
20 And the God of peace will crush Satan under your feet shortly. The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ [be] with you. Amen.
[1Co 5:5
5 deliver such a one to Satan for the destruction of the flesh, that his spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus.
[2Co 2:11
11 lest Satan should take advantage of us; for we are not ignorant of his devices.
[2Co 11:14
[1Th 2:18
18 Therefore we wanted to come to you--even I, Paul, time and again--but Satan hindered us.
[2Th 2:9
9 The coming of the [lawless one] is according to the working of Satan, with all power, signs, and lying wonders,
[1Ti 5:15
15 For some have already turned aside after Satan.

eleos

It amazes me how so many say they believe in the Sovereign God of the universe but yet are quick to say that God isn't the author of sin. What do I mean by God is the author of sin ? Im not saying God is the doer of sin so dont confuse the two. The word author means:

[FONT="]one that originates or creates something [/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#3B3E41]: [/COLOR][URL="https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/source"]source[/URL]

Sin and its existence originated in the Mind and Purpose of God, from a Eternal Purpose view point God is the First cause and source of sin, and by this Hes the author of sin. No the devil nor man nor angels are the author of sin, even though they are the doers of sin. God created them to be according to His Eternal Purpose in Christ Jesus Eph 3:11 doers of sin. Yet God is the First and Primary cause of them becoming doers of sin.

Now to deny that God is the author of sin as described above is to deny that God is the first and primary cause, source and author of Salvation in and through the Lord Jesus Christ, which is His Eternal Purpose Eph 3:11

11 [FONT="]According to the eternal purpose which he purposed in Christ Jesus our Lord:[/FONT]

Not so .... God created all beings with free choice. Lucifer was a covering angel and "chose" (along with other fallen angels) to violate God's eternal law .... and therefore sin entered into the world. Lucifer (and his minions) were cast to the earth and Satan/Lucifer convinced Adam and Eve to violate God's eternal law as well .... however again it was by their choice. Free choice is about Love ... you can not have true love without choice. It is about Love ... and God IS Love.

John 1 4:

16 So we have come to know and to believe the love that God has for us. God is love, and whoever abides in love abides in God, and God abides in him.

beloved57

Not so .... God created all beings with free choice. Lucifer was a covering angel and "chose" (along with other fallen angels) to violate God's eternal law .... and therefore sin entered into the world. Lucifer (and his minions) were cast to the earth and Satan/Lucifer convinced Adam and Eve to violate God's eternal law as well .... however again it was by their choice. Free choice is about Love ... you can not have true love without choice. It is about Love ... and God IS Love.

John 1 4:

16 So we have come to know and to believe the love that God has for us. God is love, and whoever abides in love abides in God, and God abides in him.
denial, evasion, and rabbit trail !