Is Enyart worshipped like Jesus

Granite

Hall of Fame
Shimei said:
I'll donate $20 to TOL if either Zakath, Granite or The Edge call in to Bob's show.

Do for TOL you guys, you spend enough time here!

Lemme see if I follow: I call this stuffed shirt and your money goes...somewhere else.

:think:

Show ME the money.:chuckle:

Zakath

Resident Atheist
granite1010 said:
Yes, I have.

With your unemployed free time I imagine you've spent more than your fair share of time watching the good reverend yourself.
Since he's not on television, I suppose Dimshack must be purchasing old videos...

Servo

Formerly Shimei!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Zakath said:
Notice how some folks love the seemingly endless chore of pushing of Enyart's show here? :chuckle:

And the fact that some people are too afraid to call in.

BTW, you are one of the few who keeps posting to this thread about Enyart.

Zakath

Resident Atheist
Caille said:
A sisyphean task - with similar results. :chuckle:
One notable point about that metaphor, is that the rock sometimes rolls down on the pusher, crushing them. :shocked:

Caille

Shimei said:

Just for fun Shimei, take a look at the thread title.

Servo

Formerly Shimei!
LIFETIME MEMBER
granite1010 said:
Lemme see if I follow: I call this stuffed shirt and your money goes...somewhere else.

:think:

Show ME the money.:chuckle:

How did I know that you would bring that up?
Ok, I'll buy you a one year bronze subscription to TOL if you call in to Bob's show.
That goes for The Edge as well.

taoist is too afraid, so forget him.

Zakath

Resident Atheist
Shimei said:
Or it may be that they actually have a life and don't want to waste their time... ;)

The thread title's about him, isn't it? Just trying to stay roughly on topic here, at least a few times in my almost 15K posts... :chuckle:

Zakath

Resident Atheist
Shimei said:
How did I know that you would bring that up?
Ok, I'll buy you a one year bronze subscription to TOL if you call in to Bob's show.
That goes for The Edge as well.
Now that's a more reasonable offer. And one more likely to get a response. :thumb:

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Johnny said:
I know, because you don't have an argument Lighthouse. I challenge you to find me one source (besides bob) which argues that "without cause" should be extended to the latter two instances in that verse.
Me.:duh:

Lighthouse, mocking is not part of judgement.
So Elijah wasn't judging the prophets of Baal?:confused:

I'd really like to see Bob get on the forums and defend the creationist drivel he calls science.
He's done it before. Do a search of his posts. Or you could call his show, or look into his other materials on the subject. Maybe visit KGOV.com

Johnny

No one is afraid.

Here's what I wrote about the same topic in another thread:

"I should, but there are a variety of reasons I probably wouldn't engage him in a debate. First, he has a volume and a mute button so he can interject in the middle of my sentence and put me on mute so it sounds like I'm "listening" when I'm really just trying to finish my sentence. Second, his listeners are probably more persuaded by charisma of the debater than they are by factual argument. Third, big concepts require more time than a radioshow alots. He's stocked with catch-phrases and smooth talking, and I'm stocked with big words and concepts which are likely foreign to any listener of that show. Fourth, I'm not going to change his mind no matter what I say. Fifth, his audience probably consists of a) creationists who like their ego stroked, b) evolutionists who listen for kicks and giggles. Creationists aren't going to change their mind; they've already bought the bridge. Evolutionists don't need the lesson in evolutionary biology."

Servo

Formerly Shimei!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Johnny said:
No one is afraid.

Here's what I wrote about the same topic in another thread:

"I should, but there are a variety of reasons I probably wouldn't engage him in a debate. First, he has a volume and a mute button so he can interject in the middle of my sentence and put me on mute so it sounds like I'm "listening" when I'm really just trying to finish my sentence. Second, his listeners are probably more persuaded by charisma of the debater than they are by factual argument. Third, big concepts require more time than a radioshow alots. He's stocked with catch-phrases and smooth talking, and I'm stocked with big words and concepts which are likely foreign to any listener of that show. Fourth, I'm not going to change his mind no matter what I say. Fifth, his audience probably consists of a) creationists who like their ego stroked, b) evolutionists who listen for kicks and giggles. Creationists aren't going to change their mind; they've already bought the bridge. Evolutionists don't need the lesson in evolutionary biology."

Do it for a one year bronze membership to TOL.

Bob rarely, if ever uses a mute button on his show. He has put people on hold a few times when they ramble on too much and don't let him make his point or counter point.
If you are reasonable, you will get your points across on live radio.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Zakath said:
Since he's not on television, I suppose Dimshack must be purchasing old videos...
Actually I've only seen one video, and have only listened to one tape of his current show.

And I was employed both times, rocky:rolleyes:

However, I used to watch the show when it was originally on, and I thought Bob was a Pharisee.

Zakath

Resident Atheist
Shimei said:
...If you are reasonable, you will get your points across on live radio.
Perhaps that's just not as much of an enticement to the non-believers here as it appears to be for many of the religionists.

I've been on radio before. Did my own call-in show on our local broadcast station here in town and broadcast our services live once a month. :singer:

No big deal. Have no desire to do it again. :nono:

Servo

Formerly Shimei!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Zakath said:
Perhaps that's just not as much of an enticement to the non-believers here as it appears to be for many of the religionists.

I've been on radio before. Did my own call-in show on our local broadcast station here in town and broadcast our services live once a month. :singer:

No big deal. Have no desire to do it again. :nono:

Are you actually Frasier?