Is disliking someone a sign of no faith?

bybee

Sounds reasonable. I had a great few weeks off and came back with a positive context and an indifference to old conflicts. Took a few people off ignore and back they scurried into the same attention getting and low tactics...I've decided to adopt the dismissive. There's just no reason to take people seriously who aren't serious/mature as human beings. And by that last I don't mean overly serious, because God knows this place can use all the frivolity it can muster. :)

I'm always glad to see you dear friend. You are a voice of reason.
There are thunderous gasbags who regularly post on this site. I flat out can't stand them! I don't take them seriously but I do like to send darts into their territory.
It passes the time for an elderly lady!

glorydaz

It does make one 'superior' but only in one's mind. To God, it's a step in the wrong direction.

Matthew 23:12
And whosoever shall exalt himself shall be abased; and he that shall humble himself shall be exalted.

We aren't expected to tolerate everyone or even 'like' everyone. We love even the un-lovely, but that doesn't necessarily make us like them. Many people are abrasive on purpose. They want to rub people the wrong way so that they can try to make themselves look superior. We see this every day on TOL. Many people are un-lovely, even though they profess Christianity. If I were non-Christian, most of these folks would make me run FROM God rather than towards Him.

True, and on the other hand......

Sometimes rubbing people the wrong way is exactly what they need to get over themselves. In fact, sometimes it's the only way to penetrate that ungodly thick coat of whitewash (pride). :carryon: