Is Calvinism Wrong?

Rosenritter

When I refer to the "Gospel" it is the Gospel that justifies the ungodly, Romans 4:5 and reconciles us and the world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19. when I am referring to the Kingdom Gospel I will say so.

Everyone believes that Jesus has come and gone. The Kingdom Gospel is no longer relevant, its history. The Gospel that we are called to preach is the Gospel that justifies the ungodly, Romans 4:5 and reconciles us and the world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19.

Colossians 1:13-14 KJV
(13) Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:
(14) In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:

Doesn't seem that the Kingdom is no longer relevant.

Robert Pate

Banned

Robert Pate

Banned
Colossians 1:13-14 KJV
(13) Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:
(14) In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:

Doesn't seem that the Kingdom is no longer relevant.

The purpose of the Kingdom Gospel is to reveal to us who Jesus Christ is. It is not enough to know who Jesus is. Multitudes know who Jesus is, but they have never trusted him to save them.

john w

Hall of Fame
The book says that we are justified by faith, mainly faith in the work and the person of Jesus Christ.

Just believing that Jesus is the Christ will not save you. The devil believes that. Is he saved?

As usual, you missed it, deceiver-the content of faith changed, progressively, moron. During Matthew-John, prior to the dbr, liar, believing that Jesus is the Christ, "the gospel of God," did save, deceiver, as you've been shown, as the dbr was hid from the 12, and the masses.So thanks for saying nothing, as usual, and lying, again. Get help with your losing your mind, dementia. My evidence, from the sloppy, habitual liar, Pate:

The apostles did not preach the Gospel that justifies the ungodly, Romans 4:5 and reconciles us and the world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19. until after Acts chapter 2.

What they did preach was the "Kingdom Gospel" which was the good news that the King had arrived.

I taught you the above, idiot. Now, you are changing your "argument," you deceiver-previously, on "As Pate Spins, Lies, engages in 'Happy Hour' before noon:"

Vs.

2. The apostles did not preach a Gospel prior to Acts 2. They didn't know anything.

Check in to the left wing of a mental clinic, Pate, that has rubber mats on the wall.

The apostles did not preach a Gospel prior to Acts 2.-sloppy Pate

vs.

What they did preach was the "Kingdom Gospel"-sloppy Pate

=log in,lose your mind...

john w

Hall of Fame
You have a bitter unchristian Spirit.
You say that to everyone that disagrees with you, who "outs" you as a deceiver, sloppy charlatan, posing as a member of the boc, you wicked, vile wolf, making things up on the fly.
The disciples had no knowledge of what Jesus had accomplished until Acts 2.

I taught you, and others, that the 12 had no idea of the impending dbr, prior to its occurrence, so, once again, being drunk, you post an irrelevant piece of slop.

The disciples had no knowledge of what Jesus had accomplished until Acts 2....
The apostles did not preach a Gospel prior to Acts 2.

vs.

What they did preach was the "Kingdom Gospel...

This charlatan is all over the map, so much so, he has no idea what he previously posted.And he is clueless as to the meaning of the word "gospel," or extremely smashed-no other option.

Robert Pate

Banned
You say that to everyone that disagrees with you, who "outs" you as a deceiver, sloppy charlatan, posing as a member of the boc, you wicked, vile wolf, making things up on the fly.

I taught you, and others, that the 12 had no idea of the impending dbr, prior to its occurrence, so, once again, being drunk, you post an irrelevant piece of slop.

vs.

This charlatan is all over the map, so much so, he has no idea what he previously posted.And he is clueless as to the meaning of the word "gospel," or extremely smashed-no other option.

I strongly believe John W that you are a counterfeit Christian, which means that you are unsaved. The apostle John said that we should try the spirits to see if they be of God, 1 John 4:1. Your Spirit is not of God.

I am sure that you believe that Jesus is the Christ, but that is not going to save you, simply because Satan also believes that Jesus is the Christ.

Because you have such an arrogant Spirit, I doubt very much if you will ever come to the point where you can actually trust or depend upon Jesus to save you.

I know what the Gospel is because I have been studying it for almost 50 years. I learned it from some of the worlds most distinguished Christian scholars that have also studied it for many years.

Jesus said, "Few there be that find it" You have not found it, what you have found is the way that seems right unto a man but leads to death.

john w

Hall of Fame
I strongly believe John W that you are a counterfeit Christian, which means that you are unsaved.

Thanks for your spam, that you load up, copy'npaste, and send to everyone that disagrees with your slop, Pate.

And thanks for the compliment-a wolf like yourself, not approving of me. Thanks, you deceiver!!! And most of TOL "strongly" knows you are a wolf.

The apostle John said that we should try the spirits to see if they be of God, 1 John 4:1.

Wow, sloppy Pate! Never saw that debate ender before!!!Weighty. Teach us, please, sloppy Pate. Please?

Your Spirit is not of God.

1. Your Spirit is not of God. Check. Fun!

2. Good one-an admitted satanist, child of the devil, perverter the gospel of the gospel of Christ, a wolf, posing as a sheep, making things up on the fly, spamming duplicate threads, on TOL, for years, with devil "inspired" dung, weighing in on me, a forever justified saint? Sure, clown.

Leave this site, demon, as members of the boc laugh at you, and your made up "doctrine," you wicked closet Calvinist/Catholic, who asserts that Judas was a 1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV evangelist.

I am sure that you believe that Jesus is the Christ, but that is not going to save you, simply because Satan also believes that Jesus is the Christ.

Never said it did, you disgusting, satanic, false accuser, who asserts that Judas preached 1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV, and, satanically makes up that the content of faith has never changed.

Because you have such an arrogant Spirit, I doubt very much if you will ever come to the point where you can actually trust or depend upon Jesus to save you.

Save it, satan pawn. You can't touch me, or any other forever justified member of the boc, admitted devil child, follower.

I know what the Gospel is because I have been studying it for almost 50 years.
No, you don't.And there is such thing as "the" gospel, you lying demon, as there is plenty of good news in the book, the context telling smart, intelligent people, unlike you, what "good news" is in view, and you are clueless what the term "gospel" means, and, in demonic drunkenness, out of one side of your mouth, asserts that the apostles did not preach a gospel, before Acts 2, and, out of the other side, says they were preaching the gospel of the kingdom, and asserts, on record, that Judas preached the gospel of Christ as outlined in 1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV. That is satanic.

I learned it from some of the worlds most distinguished Christian scholars that have also studied it for many years.]

We know-not from studying the details of the book, sloppy, lazy, lackadaisical one.
Jesus said, "Few there be that find it"

The Lord Jesus Christ said to you, "Depart from me....."

Check, loser.
You have not found it, what you have found is the way that seems right unto a man but leads to death.

Yes I have, you lost, satanic pawn. Get off this site, as members of the boc see you for the poser, bible hater, wolf, that you are.

john w

Hall of Fame
The disciples had no knowledge of what Jesus had accomplished until Acts 2.
I taught you that, deceiver-sober up. You habitual liar, asserting that the 12 were not preaching a gospel before Acts 2, and yet were preaching the gospel of the kingdom, prior to Acts 2. TOl knows that you have dementia, and a demonic "spirit," and the spirit of Christ, within me, is marking/exposing/identifying you for what you are-a wolf.

john w

Hall of Fame
I strongly believe John W that you are a counterfeit Christian, which means that you are unsaved. The apostle John said that we should try the spirits to see if they be of God, 1 John 4:1. Your Spirit is not of God.

I know what the Gospel is because I have been studying it for almost 50 years. I learned it from some of the worlds most distinguished Christian scholars that have also studied it for many years.

Jesus said, "Few there be that find it" You have not found it, what you have found is the way that seems right unto a man but leads to death.

The apostles did not preach a Gospel prior to Acts 2.-sloppy Pate

vs.

What they did preach was the "Kingdom Gospel"-sloppy Pate

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
From the very beginning, in the Old Testament, people were saved and justified by faith in God's promise of a savior. Things have not changed.
Saying it doesn't make it so.

Chapter and verse please.

We are still saved and justified by faith, but now the object of our faith is Jesus Christ who is the fulfillment of God's promise.
What was the object of faith before Jesus?

People were saved in the early church by believing that Jesus was God's promised savior, their promised savior.
Saying it doesn't make it so.

Chapter and verse please.

If you don't see Jesus as your very own personal savior, then chances are you are not saved.
That's true now but that isn't what Jesus preached.

Believing the Kingdom Gospel does not save.
Saying it doesn't make it so. I have listed several verses that directly contradict your unsubstantiated claim. You repeating it doesn't do anything to rebut my proof that you are wrong.

Resting in Him,
Clete

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
If that was your take then you clearly did not understand the book, and you would have James contradict himself from one verse to the next.
It isn't "my take". All anyone has to do is read it. James explicitly says that a man is justified by works.

Romans 4:9 KJV
(9) Cometh this blessedness then upon the circumcision only, or upon the uncircumcision also? for we say that faith was reckoned to Abraham for righteousness.

Galatians 3:6 KJV
(6) Even as Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness.

James 2:23 KJV
(23) And the scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed God, and it was imputed unto him for righteousness: and he was called the Friend of God.

James and Paul are obviously in agreement; and I think it is far more likely that you are in the misunderstanding than either James or Paul, who wrote these epistles by the Holy Ghost.

They're in agreement except that they say the EXACT opposite things.

Resting in Him,
Clete

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber

Oh, why is that; because he disagrees with you and is annoyed at your resistence to answering simple questions and your protencity toward redefining common words in order to maintain the indefensible idea that people were saved by Paul's gospel before Paul was a believer or even before Jesus was born, never mind risen from the dead? Is that why he's an unbeliever? Because he doesn't like you?

So far, what I've seen is him making rational arguments and you making completely unsubstantiated claims while avoiding the simplest of questions.

You'd better check yourself, bub. There will be a judgment day where you and he and all of us here will give an account for every idle word we speak. How about you worry about you. Besides, what do you think, that he's going to change his mind because someone who has done exactly nothing to earn his respect says he's not of God? Maybe you spent 50 years studying the wrong aspect of the gospel.

Clete

Robert Pate

Banned
Oh, why is that; because he disagrees with you and is annoyed at your resistence to answering simple questions and your protencity toward redefining common words in order to maintain the indefensible idea that people were saved by Paul's gospel before Paul was a believer or even before Jesus was born, never mind risen from the dead? Is that why he's an unbeliever? Because he doesn't like you?

So far, what I've seen is him making rational arguments and you making completely unsubstantiated claims while avoiding the simplest of questions.

You'd better check yourself, bub. There will be a judgment day where you and he and all of us here will give an account for every idle word we speak. How about you worry about you. Besides, what do you think, that he's going to change his mind because someone who has done exactly nothing to earn his respect says he's not of God? Maybe you spent 50 years studying the wrong aspect of the gospel.

Clete

I will outline the Gospel for you. The Gospel is a past historical event. The Gospel took place over 2000 years ago. We had nothing, absolutely nothing to do with the Gospel because it took place totally and completely outside of us.

To begin with, man is a sinner. He is born in sin, Psalm 51:5. Lives out his life in sin, Romans 3:10 and dies as a sinner. If sinful man is to be saved, salvation must come to him totally and completely outside of him. Thank God that it has in the person of Jesus Christ.

"While we were yet sinners, Christ died for us" Romans 5:8.

God requires two things for the salvation of fallen man.

1. A life of total obedience according to God's Holy Law.

2. A perfect atonement for our sins and the sins of the whole world.

Jesus in our name and on our behalf has met both of these requirements, Matthew 5:18, 1 John 2:2.

Because of the doing and the dying of Jesus we can now stand before God's holy court as justified. Jesus is our justifier, Romans 3:26.

Salvation is a free gift from God that has been provided by Jesus Christ, Romans 5:18.

In Jesus Christ we have been justified, sanctified and redeemed, 1 Corinthians 1:30. We now stand complete in him, Colossians 2:10.

This salvation is ours by simple child like faith in Jesus and his Gospel, plus nothing.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
I will outline the Gospel for you. The Gospel is a past historical event. The Gospel took place over 2000 years ago. We had nothing, absolutely nothing to do with the Gospel because it took place totally and completely outside of us.

To begin with, man is a sinner. He is born in sin, Psalm 51:5. Lives out his life in sin, Romans 3:10 and dies as a sinner. If sinful man is to be saved, salvation must come to him totally and completely outside of him. Thank God that it has in the person of Jesus Christ.

"While we were yet sinners, Christ died for us" Romans 5:8.

God requires two things for the salvation of fallen man.

1. A life of total obedience according to God's Holy Law.

2. A perfect atonement for our sins and the sins of the whole world.

Jesus in our name and on our behalf has met both of these requirements, Matthew 5:18, 1 John 2:2.

Because of the doing and the dying of Jesus we can now stand before God's holy court as justified. Jesus is our justifier, Romans 3:26.

Salvation is a free gift from God that has been provided by Jesus Christ, Romans 5:18.

In Jesus Christ we have been justified, sanctified and redeemed, 1 Corinthians 1:30. We now stand complete in him, Colossians 2:10.

This salvation is ours by simple child like faith in Jesus and his Gospel, plus nothing.

As before, I agree that this is the gospel today but Moses didn't believe this and neither did Abraham or Noah or Soloman or any other Old Testament character you'd care to name.

Jesus did not teach this, nor did the Twelve apostles as they went from town to town "preaching the gospel".

Look, I'm not going to repeat myself again. You can either directly address what I've already argued or I'll simply blow you off as a waste of my time.

You choose.

Clete