Is Calvinism Anti-Gospel, Anti-Christ?

Nanja

There are numerous scriptures that tell us Christ died for the sins of the world. So in the judgment you are going to be without an excuse.

Christ died for the World of His Sheep John 10:11,15.

But the cursed goats will be sent to the lake of fire, the second death Rev. 21:8.

Mat. 25:31-34, 41, 46
31 When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:
32 And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats:
33 And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left Mat. 13:38-39 .
34 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:
41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:
46 And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

~~~~~

Robert Pate

Banned

But the cursed goats will be sent to the lake of fire, the second death Rev. 21:8.

31 When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:
32 And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats:
33 And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left Mat. 13:38-39 .
34 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:
41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:
46 And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

~~~~~

You will never see heaven.

You dishonor God's Son. "Jesus is Lord" he is Lord because he has victoriously defeated sin, death and the devil, Colossians 2:15. Christ's victory is our victory. Because of the doing and the dying of Jesus we stand complete in him, Colossians 2:10. No one needs to be predestinated. Jesus has provided salvation for everyone, Hebrews 2:9. This salvation is available to... "Whosoever that shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved" Romans 10:13. You reject the Gospel and want to be saved some other way than by the doing and the dying of Jesus. There is no other way.

beloved57

You will never see heaven.

You dishonor God's Son. "Jesus is Lord" he is Lord because he has victoriously defeated sin, death and the devil, Colossians 2:15. Christ's victory is our victory. Because of the doing and the dying of Jesus we stand complete in him, Colossians 2:10. No one needs to be predestinated. Jesus has provided salvation for everyone, Hebrews 2:9. This salvation is available to... "Whosoever that shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved" Romans 10:13. You reject the Gospel and want to be saved some other way than by the doing and the dying of Jesus. There is no other way.
You dishonor Christ, teaching that sinners He died for wind up in hell.

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

~~~~~

You're a "Hyper-Calvinist which means you don't KNOW what you're talking about. Pretty close to a "Religious Moron" like your brother, B57.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I believe the actual historical facts show a different story. It's normal for disparaging myth and legend to follow after one of Calvin's stature and theological position and become a target of slander. Look what they have done to Constantine. Nothing new under the sun.

The truth about what happened to Servetus:

So, the "commentary" you have chosen is the REAL truth and the HISTORY about Calvin is FALSE? Is that what you're trying to sell us? Well, I'm not buying it.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
That is only the first part of it, per Jesus.

John 3
14 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: 15 that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. 16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. 17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. 18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. 19 And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil. 20 For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved. 21 But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.

The book of John was written to the House of Israel, not to the Gentiles. Learn to "Rightly Divide" the word." Also, do a more "In-depth study" about the history of John Calvin before continuing to defend him.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
It's utterly unfounded statements like this, Robert, that incite Calvinists against you. I don't think I would call myself a Calvinist but I know for a fact that this is diametrically opposed to Calvinist teaching. Again...maybe a handful of hyper-Calvinists would fall into that category but you've made a sweeping claim about all Calvinists. Whatever you are saying, that isn't Calvinism.

And a few more Reformed folk on the matter : Reformers on the Necessity of Repentance and Sanctification

Be honest. Calvinists believe one must first be "regenerated" before they receive "saving faith." That's what your fellow Calvinist, Nang preaches.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Calvinists worship a "man created god and gospel." The only true Gospel is the "Grace Gospel" that was given to the Apostle Paul by the "Ascended Lord Jesus Christ." Calvinism is "Another gospel" that the Bible warns us about.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Posters like B57 and Nanja are, obviously demented extremists (hyper-Calvinists) that no one in their right mind listens to. It's the Calvinists that are more subtle that cause the most damage and confusion to the true Gospel of Jesus Christ.

nikolai_42

Be honest. Calvinists believe one must first be "regenerated" before they receive "saving faith." That's what your fellow Calvinist, Nang preaches.

Yes, but remember that that all happens in a moment of time. It's akin to the breathing in of air. To receive the air into your lungs, there must first be a muscular action that creates a vacuum in the lungs. Then (and only then) does the air enter your lungs. But the air enters as a part of that whole process.

The Reformed idea of salvation is to be grounded in the will of God. The non-Reformed idea of salvation is to be grounded in the will of man. At that point, the debates start. Since I believe that a man cannot and will not hear unless God reveals Himself to that man, I believe that there has to be that work in the man before real faith can take root. I believe that's what scripture bears out. And that is what is held to on the Reformed side of things. But again, to take that and separate all those parts of salvation out into things that happen distinctly before our eyes is to misrepresent the Reformed understanding of salvation.

TweetyBird

So, the "commentary" you have chosen is the REAL truth and the HISTORY about Calvin is FALSE? Is that what you're trying to sell us? Well, I'm not buying it.

I do not know where the myth started about Calvin causing the death of Servetus. Probably the same way the myths started about Constantine. I see a lot of similarities. This happens when people start a hate campaign based on lies. Like Hitler who did the same thing. I think he is attributed to this or similar: tell a lie often enough and people believe it as truth. Just saying - we need to be careful about what we believe about people and do some real research when disparaging myths start flying around.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I do not know where the myth started about Calvin causing the death of Servetus. Probably the same way the myths started about Constantine. I see a lot of similarities. This happens when people start a hate campaign based on lies. Like Hitler who did the same thing. I think he is attributed to this or similar: tell a lie often enough and people believe it as truth. Just saying - we need to be careful about what we believe about people and do some real research when disparaging myths start flying around.

You have made a GIGANTIC assumption that the history about Calvin is erroneous. Which makes me believe that you're, in truth, a Calvinist sympathizer at least.

TweetyBird

TB, to defend John Calvin and at the same time state that you're not a Calvinist is a bit of a "Paradox" don't ya think?

No, I pretty much will defend those that I feel are getting a raw deal. There are other historical figures that have been under the same kinds of attacks - those that intrigue me. I am familiar with Calvin, living in an area of many Calvinistic churches and looking at their theological writings. It surprises me that there is so much animosity here against him. I think it is falsely proclaimed, to be honest, and not understanding the church government and policies back then. It was a lot harsher and judgment was meted out without much compassion. But then, that is the middle ages for you. Just look at the fierce blood shedding in England between Christians and Catholics for centuries. I am not defending the right of the "church" to murder and behead and torture people, but that is the history of the church and that of the crusades. To single out Calvin who was part of "normal" church practice at that time is a bit hypercritical in my opinion.