Is calling Beanieboy a . . .

Is calling Beanieboy a . . .

• Total voters

beanieboy

Dread Helm said:
Do actually think this is what we're doing?

Luke 18
9Then Jesus told this story to some who had great self-confidence and scorned everyone else: 10"Two men went to the Temple to pray. One was a Pharisee, and the other was a dishonest tax collector. 11The proud Pharisee stood by himself and prayed this prayer: `I thank you, God, that I am not a sinner like everyone else, especially like that tax collector over there! For I never cheat, I don't sin, I don't commit adultery, 12I fast twice a week, and I give you a tenth of my income.'

13"But the tax collector stood at a distance and dared not even lift his eyes to heaven as he prayed. Instead, he beat his chest in sorrow, saying, `O God, be merciful to me, for I am a sinner.' 14I tell you, this sinner, not the Pharisee, returned home justified before God. For the proud will be humbled, but the humble will be honored."

This is what some do.

Why wasn't the Pharisee justified?
He didn't cheat, didn't sin, didn't commit adultery, fasted twice a week, gave 10%...
Why wasn't he forgiven?
Why did Jesus not find favor on the Pharisee who thanked God for not making him like the tax collector?

beanieboy

Lighthouse said:
You are misrepresenting God's love, thinking Christians should "love" you the way you think love is.

So, using 1st Corinthians 13 is "misrepresenting God's love" by your standards?
Quoting all of Romans 12, and not just part of verse 9, is misrepresenting the whole passage?

You are calling Night Day, and day night.
You are a liar.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Caille said:
Hey - great language for a "family oriented website."

OK - I'll make it easy for you :loser: , try to pay closer attention next time
[Jesus]"Thou hast well said, I have no husband: for thou hast had five husbands; and he whom thou now hast is not thy husband: in that saidst thou truly."[/Jesus]

What isn't confrontational about that? What isn't insulting about it?

Granite

Hall of Fame
Lighthouse said:
[Jesus]"Thou hast well said, I have no husband: for thou hast had five husbands; and he whom thou now hast is not thy husband: in that saidst thou truly."[/Jesus]

What isn't confrontational about that? What isn't insulting about it?

Justifying being an unpleasant SOB just because you're a "Christian" is the biggest joke you people try to pull. :hammer:

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Caledvwlch said:
A fine retort, I must say. You sure showed me. Gosh we're all really impressed down here, I can tell you!

How is that a load of crap? Isn't Christ the one that removes sin? We are not able to remove the beam from our own eye, and as long as we are here on earth, we will be daily dealing with our own sin, which is why I said we could never remove the beam, therefore, leave the judging to God.
God has removed the beam from many eyes.

beanieboy

beanieboy said:
Luke 18
9Then Jesus told this story to some who had great self-confidence and scorned everyone else: 10"Two men went to the Temple to pray. One was a Pharisee, and the other was a dishonest tax collector. 11The proud Pharisee stood by himself and prayed this prayer: `I thank you, God, that I am not a sinner like everyone else, especially like that tax collector over there! For I never cheat, I don't sin, I don't commit adultery, 12I fast twice a week, and I give you a tenth of my income.'

13"But the tax collector stood at a distance and dared not even lift his eyes to heaven as he prayed. Instead, he beat his chest in sorrow, saying, `O God, be merciful to me, for I am a sinner.' 14I tell you, this sinner, not the Pharisee, returned home justified before God. For the proud will be humbled, but the humble will be honored."

This is what some do.

Why wasn't the Pharisee justified?
He didn't cheat, didn't sin, didn't commit adultery, fasted twice a week, gave 10%...
Why wasn't he forgiven?
Why did Jesus not find favor on the Pharisee who thanked God for not making him like the tax collector?

No one replied to this, I noticed.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
No one is thanking God they're not like you, or any other sinner. They are penitent before God, as the tax collector was, because they know they don't deserve God's forgiveness.

beanieboy

Please answer the questions.

Why did Jesus not find favor in the Pharisee?
He wasn't being dishonest. He wasn't committing several sins.
He obeyed the laws.
He even thanked God he wasn't like other sinners.
Why did he not find favor in God?

The Edge

BANNED
Banned
The Edge said:
Remember, please.....when you point fingers, there are three pointing back at you. Nineveh, it sounds like from this thread you need to re-evaluate the Christian image you are trying to portray. It's not making you look too good right now. I for one don't see much Christ in you from what I've seen on the board. It's my prayer that you repent if necessary and try to be a mirror for Christ in this dark world.
Check it out...Ninny hit me with a red box for this point.

Ninny, why can't you ever take blame or rebuke? You can never admit you're wrong can you?

Last edited:

On Fire

beanieboy said:
Please answer the questions.

Why did Jesus not find favor in the Pharisee?
He wasn't being dishonest. He wasn't committing several sins.
He obeyed the laws.
He even thanked God he wasn't like other sinners.
Why did he not find favor in God?
His pride was sinful.