ECT Irresistible Grace (or efficacious grace)

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
If you understood that God's "Grace" is God's LIFE, you might perhaps understand what resisting it is all about, when considering His desire for man's allegiance. Problem is, you can't get beyond the "celebration of man's redemption", in your thinking to even desire to know why God even created you.

I'll give you one chance to say something clear and to make some stab at making at least a modicum of a biblical argument for it.

Ready?

Go!

Cross Reference

I'll give you one chance to say something clear and to make some stab at making at least a modicum of a biblical argument for it.

Ready?

Go!

I'll try a re-word to see how you do with it:

If you understand that God's "Grace" is God's LIFE, you might perhaps understand what resisting it is all about when considering His desire for mans allegiance; not all men will ever have any god rule over them.

Problem is as I see it, you can't get beyond celebrating Jesus for his redemption. We know He did something for you you couldn't do for yourself and in doing so established a whole new creation for redeemed man to begin life again, life anew, a whole new creation in Him built upon a new foundation called "Redemption". Now, having said that, what might you suppose He expects of you [and me] in the afterwards of so great a gift of salvation. If we understand that is what redemption provides for I would say He now wants be the Lord of our lives. Now what does that entail we strive for?

A good reference is this:

"For God so greatly loved and dearly prized the world that He [even] gave up His only begotten (unique) Son, so that whoever believes in (trusts in, clings to, relies on) Him shall not perish (come to destruction, be lost) but have eternal (everlasting) life." John 3:16 (AMP)

Consider that to be my "one chance" unless you can be specific about what it is you can't understand. OK?

Your turn

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Luk 17:10 So likewise ye, when ye shall have done all those things which are commanded you, say, We are unprofitable servants: we have done that which was our duty to do.
Luk 17:11 And it came to pass, as he went to Jerusalem, that he passed through the midst of Samaria and Galilee.
Luk 17:12 And as he entered into a certain village, there met him ten men that were lepers, which stood afar off:
Luk 17:13 And they lifted up their voices, and said, Jesus, Master, have mercy on us.
Luk 17:14 And when he saw them, he said unto them, Go shew yourselves unto the priests. And it came to pass, that, as they went, they were cleansed.
Luk 17:15 And one of them, when he saw that he was healed, turned back, and with a loud voice glorified God,
Luk 17:16 And fell down on his face at his feet, giving him thanks: and he was a Samaritan.
Luk 17:17 And Jesus answering said, Were there not ten cleansed? but where are the nine?
Luk 17:18 There are not found that returned to give glory to God, save this stranger.
Luk 17:19 And he said unto him, Arise, go thy way: thy faith hath made thee whole.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
I'll try a re-word to see how you do with it:

If you understand that God's "Grace" is God's LIFE, you might perhaps understand what resisting it is all about when considering His desire for mans allegiance; not all men will ever have any god rule over them.

Problem is as I see it, you can't get beyond celebrating Jesus for his redemption. We know He did something for you you couldn't do for yourself and in doing so established a whole new creation for redeemed man to begin life again, life anew, a whole new creation in Him built upon a new foundation called "Redemption". Now, having said that, what might you suppose He expects of you [and me] in the afterwards of so great a gift of salvation. If we understand that is what redemption provides for I would say He now wants be the Lord of our lives. Now what does that entail we strive for?

A good reference is this:

"For God so greatly loved and dearly prized the world that He [even] gave up His only begotten (unique) Son, so that whoever believes in (trusts in, clings to, relies on) Him shall not perish (come to destruction, be lost) but have eternal (everlasting) life." John 3:16 (AMP)

Consider that to be my "one chance" unless you can be specific about what it is you can't understand. OK?

Your turn
I'll consider it an honest effort.

What I want is for you to connect the dots. Not because I'm stupid but because I doubt that you are capable of doing it. And I don't doubt it because I think you're stupid but because I don't believe its doable. This has the feel of something you merely believe and that you have never spent the time to actually think through in any methodical way.

In short I want you to prove it to me. Your religious opinions might intrigue me enough to get me to post a response on a web forum but they aren't going to convince me your right. You've got to make an argument and in that argument you must establish AT LEAST the following two points.

1. That God grace is the same thing as God's life.

2. That because God grace is God's life, God's grace can be resisted.

That doesn't sound like much but I'll bet its a mountain that cannot be climbed.

Resting in Him,
Clete

Cross Reference

I'll consider it an honest effort.

What I want is for you to connect the dots. Not because I'm stupid but because I doubt that you are capable of doing it. And I don't doubt it because I think you're stupid but because I don't believe its doable. This has the feel of something you merely believe and that you have never spent the time to actually think through in any methodical way.

In short I want you to prove it to me. Your religious opinions might intrigue me enough to get me to post a response on a web forum but they aren't going to convince me your right. You've got to make an argument and in that argument you must establish AT LEAST the following two points.

1. That God grace is the same thing as God's life.

2. That because God grace is God's life, God's grace can be resisted.

That doesn't sound like much but I'll bet its a mountain that cannot be climbed.

Resting in Him,
Clete
I'm afraid it is you who hasn't thought it though far enough to 'see' the similarity in His life and His grace. I guess I can conclude you also don't believe God is Love? If not, what do suppose the difference to be?

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
I'm afraid it is you who hasn't thought it though far enough to 'see' the similarity in His life and His grace. I guess I can conclude you also don't believe God is Love? If not, what do suppose the difference to be?

I'm not the one making a claim here, bub, you are! All I'm trying to do is to turn this into an actual discussion instead of a half veiled diatribe.

If I wanted to make a case for God is Love I wouldn't do it by stating it in some cryptic, half veiled way and then attempt to deflect the discussion onto someone else when that someone else challenges me to make an argument for my half stated position. They wouldn't even have to challenge me to make an argument because I would have started the thread with the argument and challenged others to either agree with it or refute it.

If you don't want to make an argument just say so and I'll go find another thread to read.

Resting in Him,
Clete

lifeisgood

As I always say:

The most fantastic word in the whole of God's rules and regulations is free will.

The most horrible word in the whole of God's rules and regulations is free will.

Cross Reference

In other words...

"Scripture, who needs scripture?! My doctrine aught to be so obvious to any thinking mind that I don't need to bother confirming it with Scripture! Duh!"

Well, Duh!, what part needs to be confirmed???!@!!

Lucifer was an angel? Angels are created beings???!! You need scripture for that???!!!

Which Angels fell from God's Life. OOPS!! Fell from God grace??!! Ditto OOPs! Chose not to abide in Him??!!

Cross Reference

I don't need to search for it ! You made the invalid comment !

You call it invalid from willful ignorance. . . too ashamed and lazy too do your own homework.

Not that I believe you will accept it as written but, here is a kick start:

"Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till iniquity was found in thee."
Ezekiel 28:15 (KJV)