InfoWars.com

Mocking You

:doh: No....A common goal is NOT a conspiracy....Neither is it what I posted. I posted a conspiracy is NOT required you dull little troll. That was the whole point of the post!

Big words in bold red font. Nice.

Title of YouTube video, "George Carlin on Conspiracies", wherein he says "they don't need to call a meeting....because they have shared interests." So what do you think George Carlin is saying?:

1. There are no conspiracies. It's simply people with shared interests acting in their own self interest.

2. There are conspiracies but these people don't need to get together and plot because they already know what they want to accomplish. They've learned it because they went to the same schools, they're on the same board of directors, they're in the same country club..."

3. Something else.

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
Big words in bold red font. Nice.

Evidently it appears to have worked. :plain:

Title of YouTube video, "George Carlin on Conspiracies", wherein he says "they don't need to call a meeting....because they have shared interests." So what do you think George Carlin is saying?:

1. There are no conspiracies. It's simply people with shared interests acting in their own self interest.

2. There are conspiracies but these people don't need to get together and plot because they already know what they want to accomplish. They've learned it because they went to the same schools, they're on the same board of directors, they're in the same country club..."

3. Something else.

It seems to me that he is making the case that while conspiracies may or may not exist it would be an error to assume that we are not laboring within the bowels of an oligarchy just because you can't find direct evidence of prior agreements or concurrency. :think:

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
You don't like infowars? Ah, television broadcast news, the air waves, that's where you are getting your inside scoop.
Actually, no. The news source I listen to most frequently is NPR. I find their approach to be far more reasonably balanced that of FOX and others.

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
Actually, no. The news source I listen to most frequently is NPR. I find their approach to be far more reasonably balanced that of FOX and others.

To be honest....That's pretty much the only "network" news (for lack of a better title) which I pay attention to on a daily basis. Most all of my information other than that comes from the web. :idunno:

.....but not Infowars. :chuckle:

Mocking You

Evidently it appears to have worked. :plain:

It seems to me that he is making the case that while conspiracies may or may not exist it would be an error to assume that we are not laboring within the bowels of an oligarchy just because you can't find direct evidence of prior agreements or concurrency. :plain:

In my younger days, I used to like George Carlin. He was very funny. Then he got really nasty, downright hostile to Christians. I can tell you that he absolutely believes in conspiracies. I believe you have captured the essence of what he is saying in the video--no secret plotting doesn't mean there aren't conspiracies.

Which, when you think about it is a variation on the non-existence argument with a little omniscience thrown in there: "Everybody knows there is an oligarchy controlling the masses and they're so cunning they don't even need to meet to plot their actions."

Mocking You

The news source I listen to most frequently is NPR. I find their approach to be far more reasonably balanced that of FOX and others.

To be honest....That's pretty much the only "network" news (for lack of a better title) which I pay attention to on a daily basis. Most all of my information other than that comes from the web. :idunno:

.....but not Infowars. :chuckle:

The only TV news broadcast I watch is BBC World, and only if there is nothing else on TV. I get almost all of my news from the internet, via news feeds I select. Fox News is not on that list, neither is HuffPo. NPR, Reuters, BBC, Washington Post, Breitbart (I know...), and I check Drudge Report.

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
In my younger days, I used to like George Carlin. He was very funny. Then he got really nasty, downright hostile to Christians. I can tell you that he absolutely believes in conspiracies. I believe you have captured the essence of what he is saying in the video--no secret plotting doesn't mean there aren't conspiracies.

Yeah....I have to agree there. He did get really nasty. It got kind of hard to separate the valid observations from the blatant hostility at times, unfortunately. :plain:

That's what I took from it. :idunno:

Which, when you think about it is a variation on the non-existence argument with a little omniscience thrown in there: "Everybody knows there is an oligarchy controlling the masses and they're so cunning they don't even need to meet to plot their actions."

:chuckle: I suppose so.

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
The only TV news broadcast I watch is BBC World, and only if there is nothing else on TV. I get almost all of my news from the internet, via news feeds I select. Fox News is not on that list, neither is HuffPo. NPR, Reuters, BBC, Washington Post, Breitbart (I know...), and I check Drudge Report.

I listen to BBC World on the local radio NPR station early in the morning...Forgot about that one.

I also get bunches of news feeds run to me. There is among them the obviously slanted such as Huffpo and Fox but I never read one without getting the opposite slant from another. :chuckle:

resodko

BANNED
Banned
Regarding conspiracies and peoples need to assume they exist:

Conspiracies

Just sayin' :idunno:

:think:

wiki said:
Pages in category "Oil companies of the United States"

The following 162 pages are in this category, out of 162 total. This list may not reflect recent changes (learn more).

A
Access Industries
Aera Energy
Allis-Chalmers Energy
Aloha Petroleum
Alyeska Pipeline Service Company
American Shale Oil
Anadarko Petroleum
Apache Corporation
Apoc Oil and Gas International
ARCO
Ashland Inc.