Increasing our faith

Epoisses

For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith. God has dealt to his children a measure of faith and Jesus revealed that someday there will be an accounting for this. In the parable of the talents the Lord was displeased with the servant with one talent who failed to increase it with usury. With all the prohibitions against usury in the bible the only way this makes sense is if the talent or money represents faith. Money is the currency of the world. Works are often the currency of the church. Faith is the currency of heaven where God does require us to strengthen and increase our faith. The best way I have discovered to increase our faith is by prayer, bible study and fellowship with others who have faith. Faith is contagious so if we surround ourselves with the faithful it is bound to rub off eventually. Unfortunately the opposite is also true where if we surround ourselves with unbelievers their unbelief will rub off on us as well. Also understanding the true place of works in the gospel will strengthen our faith.

Truster

Put more time in and you'll get there, lol

It is spiritually impossible to be converted twice.

Man is justified once.

Man is converted once.

Man is regenerated once.

Man is granted repentance on regeneration and repentance is reapplied, by the Holy Spirit, as and when necessary and as such once granted it is continual.

Man is made holy at regeneration. His sanctification is also continual and increases by degree.

If you want scriptural references:

Genesis 1:1 to Revelation 22:21

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Give a Hat Tip To Those That You Rely Upon

Give a Hat Tip To Those That You Rely Upon

Money is the currency of the world. Works are often the currency of the church. Faith is the currency of heaven where God does require us to strengthen and increase our faith.
Are you the author of the content you posted at the beginning of this thread that also appears here:

https://www.meetup.com/The-everlasting-Gospel-bible-study/pages/23147260/Romans_chapter_12/

If not, how about at least giving a small nod to the fellow. :AMR:

AMR

oatmeal

For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith. God has dealt to his children a measure of faith and Jesus revealed that someday there will be an accounting for this. In the parable of the talents the Lord was displeased with the servant with one talent who failed to increase it with usury. With all the prohibitions against usury in the bible the only way this makes sense is if the talent or money represents faith. Money is the currency of the world. Works are often the currency of the church. Faith is the currency of heaven where God does require us to strengthen and increase our faith. The best way I have discovered to increase our faith is by prayer, bible study and fellowship with others who have faith. Faith is contagious so if we surround ourselves with the faithful it is bound to rub off eventually. Unfortunately the opposite is also true where if we surround ourselves with unbelievers their unbelief will rub off on us as well. Also understanding the true place of works in the gospel will strengthen our faith.

Luke 17:1-10

Then said he unto the disciples, It is impossible but that offences will come: but woe unto him, through whom they come!

2 It were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and he cast into the sea, than that he should offend one of these little ones.

3 Take heed to yourselves: If thy brother trespass against thee, rebuke him; and if he repent, forgive him.

4 And if he trespass against thee seven times in a day, and seven times in a day turn again to thee, saying, I repent; thou shalt forgive him.

5 And the apostles said unto the Lord, Increase our faith.

6 And the Lord said, If ye had faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye might say unto this sycamine tree, Be thou plucked up by the root, and be thou planted in the sea; and it should obey you.

7 But which of you, having a servant plowing or feeding cattle, will say unto him by and by, when he is come from the field, Go and sit down to meat?

8 And will not rather say unto him, Make ready wherewith I may sup, and gird thyself, and serve me, till I have eaten and drunken; and afterward thou shalt eat and drink?

9 Doth he thank that servant because he did the things that were commanded him? I trow not.

10 So likewise ye, when ye shall have done all those things which are commanded you, say, We are unprofitable servants: we have done that which was our duty to do.

We need to learn to do what God has for us in His written word.

That is the least we can do.

When our believing is increased, we will be moving mountains, tossing them around like frisbees!