In Post-Christian America, we worry about your holy book more than Sharia Law

Granite

Hall of Fame
:chuckle: Neither are you ... nor did I claim to be.

Then again, my responses were in regards to the five, time married adulteress, wanna-be poster girl for marriage. Kim. Davis. For now.

These guys know how to pick 'em: A Democrat no less.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
:chuckle: Neither are you ... nor did I claim to be.

Then again, my responses were in regards to the five, time married adulteress, wanna-be poster girl for marriage. Kim. Davis. For now.

Nope, i know what forgiveness is though.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Nope, i know what forgiveness is though.

That's nice. I am glad. In Kim's case, I know what hypocrisy is ...

Now just imagine if someone in Kim's position saw her train wreck of marital history and refused to put their signature on her marriage license. It would be part of their job to refuse her, yes?

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame

Now just imagine if someone in Kim's position saw her train wreck of marital history and refused to put their signature on her marriage license. It would be part of their job to refuse her, yes?

I doubt she would cry about it. I know i wouldnt, i would just go somewhere else, thats what adults do.

Granite

Hall of Fame

I guess "they shall become one" is really "one at a time."

For this woman to decide she's a moral arbiter for the "sanctity" of marriage is an insult and an outrage. Anyone with sense or consistency wouldn't dream defending her or her pathetic bid for fifteen minutes of fame.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Would i support her marrying again? Depends on the circumstances, if her husband died, yes, if her husband committed adultery, yes.

would i be outraged? no.

Would you support a clerk denying her a marriage license because they felt her habitual adultery and marriages were against their religion or personal values?

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
It's fortunate that the state of Israel exists to provide a buffer between these two sides, because united or at least sympathetic with each other we'd be in extremely serious trouble.

A Christian-Islamic pact or understanding of sorts would be bad, bad news.
I know what you mean.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
this is the way YOU see it, as hard as that is to manage for you. You have no idea how the world sees anything.

They are both elitists and They are both arrogant elitists.? see what I mean? Most persons live in countries where what you call homophobic and patriarchal, are seen as correct, although not hypocritical, which is seen as untruthful and most do not praise elitists, which they are apt to see as arrogant. Yes many do not like otherworldly, yet some live for it, to the exclusion of life.

You are like an American teenager who thinks the world sees the way you see.
The Medieval theological framework has already crashed down on us. The problem is we tend to see things at 24 frames a second and don't notice anything happening.

As soon as Galileo and Copernicus declared the end of the ancient three-tiered universe, the die was cast.

Christians and Muslims are running scared. According to the Christian polling outfit BARMA, the largest growing section of Christianity is the "unchurched." The attachment to ancient theological expressions is not compelling today. And it is not persuadable.

The reactivity and alarm on these forums shows the proof in the pudding. Christians are sensitive and defensive. The world has already moved on.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Would you support a clerk denying her a marriage license because they felt her habitual adultery and marriages were against their religion or personal values?

Yep, so long as someone else did it. You know reasonable accommodation.