ECT II Timothy 2:15 How?

oatmeal

True.

Joh 14:3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.
LA

Thank you

There are scriptures I did not list that make it clear that the dead have no consciousness.

Most certainly, we cannot be with the lord until he comes to get us. Whether we be dead or alive, he will come to gather us up, then or so shall we ever be with the lord.

oatmeal

I said
We don't do it. We only submit to the Holy Spirit and He is the one that rightly divides.

II Timothy 2:15

Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Who is the apostle Paul addressing?

a. The Holy Spirit

b. Timothy

oatmeal

The first thing is look at the context of that paragraph. It has to do with leadership skills. It does not have to do with ages, epochs, eras, dispensations, etc.

The flimsy thing about Dispensationalism was the way it could find a soundbyte expression and generate whole doctrines out of them that don't really exist.

since scripture uses the word dispensation, I find it difficult to ignore.

1 Corinthians 9:17

For if I do this thing willingly, I have a reward: but if against my will, a dispensation of the gospel is committed unto me.

Ephesians 1:10

That in the dispensation of the fulness of times he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in him:

Ephesians 3:2

If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to you-ward:

Colossians 1:25

Whereof I am made a minister, according to the dispensation of God which is given to me for you, to fulfil the word of God;

Granted that is the translation of a Greek word, but since God used that Greek word to describe periods of time He ordained, I am not going to ignore scripture because of your theology