If WWI was a bar fight

musterion

Pretty well done.

image.jpeg

http://weaponsman.com/?p=19004

The Berean

America didn't hit Germany with a barstool. We ran over Germany with a dumptruck while Germany staggered out to the car.

I guess my World history is a little fuzzy. Was the US a major military power in 1917? I thought the major European powers were still ahead of the US in military might at the time in history?

drbrumley

I guess my World history is a little fuzzy. Was the US a major military power in 1917? I thought the major European powers were still ahead of the US in military might at the time in history?

That's a negative my friend! We were quite powerful at that time as well.

musterion

My memory is probably faulty but I think we were somewhat better off pre-WWI than pre-WWII because of the massive drawdown after WWI. But it still wasn't on par with Europe's major players (at first).

The Berean

My memory is probably faulty but I think we were somewhat better off pre-WWI than pre-WWII because of the massive drawdown after WWI. But it still wasn't on par with Europe's major players (at first).

Especially with Nazi Germany's massive military build up in the 1930's. After Charles Lindbergh visited Germany in the late 1930's he returned home and warned the US government about Germany's large advantage in military aircraft, engine design, and manufacturing technology. Lindbergh was allowed to tour German factories and even fly the Messerschmitt Bf 109.

drbrumley

We were the superior pre ww2 as well. Japan just took the bait and crippled our fleet to much of America's shock. Once that settled down, it was only a matter of time.

fool

Hall of Fame
I got my barstool ready! :box:

stock-photo-an-aggressive-angry-man-ready-to-fight-with-a-bar-stool-in-his-hands-130221149.jpg

Um,
I'm not a professional fashion consultant or anything but if your going to wear a tank top in public then a little "manscaping" of the arm pit hair is in order.

Don't shave completely as the hair assists in cooling by increasing surface area for sweat to evaporate and acts as roller bearings to reduce friction between the inner arm and torso when swinging the bar stool. But trimming the length a bit won't effect that. Trim it so that when your arms are down in the pre bar stool swing position there are no tufts of hair visible protruding from the crease, then raise the arm and trim back another 1/4 inch to be sure.

Be sure to join us next week when we ask "Can you braid your chest hair? Maybe time to grab the clippers."

fool

Hall of Fame
That's not actually me in that photo, fool. I just found it on the Internet. :chuckle:

I'm working up my courage to go see this "internet" thing some time, but for right now I'm happy talking to the people in my computer.

The Berean

We were the superior pre ww2 as well. Japan just took the bait and crippled our fleet to much of America's shock. Once that settled down, it was only a matter of time.

The US was not superior to Nazi Germany in aircraft and rocket technology. Charles Lindbergh was very open about this after his tours on Germany in the late 1930's, that Nazi Germany was far ahead of the US. By 1936 Wernher von Braun was already working with rockets and rocket aircraft. While in US the famed rocket pioneer Robert Goddard, with Lindbergh's help, tried to convince the US military to fund rocket research. Foolishly, the US military say no. :noid: