ECT If MAD does not believe this then why do they not deny it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
I know at Pentecost it was only poured out on men.

Acts 1:14 KJV

14 These all continued with one accord in prayer and supplication, with the women, and Mary the mother of Jesus, and with his brethren.

Acts 2:16 KJV

16 But this is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel;

17 And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy , and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams :

18 And * on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy :

SaulToPaul 2

14 These all continued with one accord in prayer and supplication, with the women, and Mary the mother of Jesus, and with his brethren.

17 And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy , and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams :

18 And * on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy :

Act 2
13 Others mocking said, These men are full of new wine.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

Yes.

MADists only presume that they have been baptized by/in the Spirit when they believed what Paul said.

No wonder they teach the church of Acts ch 2 is not the Church which Paul was a member of.

but he was, and every Christian is.

LA

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Nope, Paul could not get into that church, and neither can you.
For you, like Paul, have blasphemed the Holy Ghost in your lifetime.

So are you.

Psalms 116:11 (KJV)

But I am forgiven, because I believe 1 Cor 15:1-4 (KJV) and trust the LORD.

You can too.

You say you trust in the Lord but in actuality you do not.

You trust in yourself and in your MAD doctrine which denies the Gospel of Christ through Peter which Paul explained.

Act 2:36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.
Act 2:37 Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?
Act 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Act 2:39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.
Act 2:40 And with many other words did he testify and exhort, saying, Save yourselves from this untoward generation.
Act 2:41 Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls.
Act 2:42 And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship, and in breaking of bread, and in prayers.
Act 2:43 And fear came upon every soul: and many wonders and signs were done by the apostles.
Act 2:44 And all that believed were together, and had all things common;
Act 2:45 And sold their possessions and goods, and parted them to all men, as every man had need.
Act 2:46 And they, continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, did eat their meat with gladness and singleness of heart,
Act 2:47 Praising God, and having favour with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved.

You have no membership in the Church begun by Christ.

LA

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
You don't see something new and different from Christ for Paul starting in Acts 9 ?

Acts 9:15-16 KJV

If you mean him being the first example of just how long suffering the Lord is towards even the worst sinner, then shore. :)

Why did you leave out those first verses of Paul's prior behavior?

Context friend.

It means nothing more nothing less.

2 Peter 3:15 KJV

15 And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you;

1 Timothy 1:13 KJV

13 Who was before a blasphemer, and a persecutor, and injurious: but I obtained mercy , because I did it ignorantly in unbelief.

1 Timothy 1:16 KJV

16 Howbeit for this cause I obtained mercy , that in me first Jesus Christ might shew forth all longsuffering, for a pattern to them which should hereafter believe on him to life everlasting.

ALL longsuffering.

We be talkin' 'bout the CHIEF sinner here, bro.

Not a time dispensation.

Last edited:

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
If you mean him being the first example of just how long suffering the Lord is towards even the worst sinner, then shore. :)

Why did you leave out those first verses of Paul's prior behavior?

Context friend.

It means nothing more nothing less.

Because everybody knows what Paul was and did before meeting Christ and receiving ongoing revelations the rest of his life, including this current dispensation -

View attachment 20896

Shasta

Hi Clete,

There are many baptisms in the Bible, but there is only ONE baptism today and it is BY ONE SPIRIT into ONE BODY (not "of the Holy Ghost" and not by man into water).

1 Corinthians 12:13 KJV For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

When one trusts the Lord after hearing and believing the word of truth (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV) they are baptized by one Spirit in to one Body (1 Corinthians 12:13 KJV).

It is a baptism (identification) into Christ's death,

Romans 6:3-5 KJV Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death? 4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life. 5 For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:

It's a Spirit baptism into Christ,

Galatians 3:27 KJV For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

It is that one baptism of Ephesians 4 that we are to endevour to keep.

Ephesians 4:1-6 KJV I therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you that ye walk worthy of the vocation wherewith ye are called, 2 With all lowliness and meekness, with longsuffering, forbearing one another in love; 3 Endeavouring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. 4 There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling; 5 One Lord, one faith, one baptism, 6 One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.

Historically, the Early Church from the First Century on practiced Baptism and the Communion Supper. Most all of the Early Church Fathers commented on it. It became quite important to explain the Eucharist since the pagans had spread the word they were literally eating flesh. There is abundant historical evidence for this in their writings. If Paul had done away with Baptism why did the Gentile Christians continue to practice it?

Status
Not open for further replies.