ECT If MAD does not believe this then why do they not deny it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
LA the Great Guru of TOL can't even decipher the gospel of his salvation. Anything else he says after that is moot.

Paul was explaining salvation which the believers received from the beginning.

Pentecost is the pouring out of the Spirit upon believers.

This has never happened to you.

and you do not want it.

You do not know what it is to be a Christian.

Jud 1:3 Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort you that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints.

Act 15:7 And when there had been much disputing, Peter rose up, and said unto them, Men and brethren, ye know how that a good while ago God made choice among us, that the Gentiles by my mouth should hear the word of the gospel, and believe.
Act 15:8 And God, which knoweth the hearts, bare them witness, giving them the Holy Ghost, even as he did unto us;
Act 15:9 And put no difference between us and them, purifying their hearts by faith.
Act 15:10 Now therefore why tempt ye God, to put a yoke upon the neck of the disciples, which neither our fathers nor we were able to bear?
Act 15:11 But we believe that through the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ we shall be saved, even as they.

LA

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
MAD doctrine refuses water baptism,
Some do, some don't. I've been water baptized twice. Neither time had anything to do with getting me saved.

MAD doctrine refuses repentance,
Well this is outright stupidity.

This comment is obviously loaded with some meaning that it not apparent by simply reading the word "repentance" but let me just state emphatically and without qualification that sinners who do not repent will go to Hell.

MAD doctrine refuses bread and wine,
Again, some do and some don't. I should say that I am assuming that you're talking about Communion or The Lord's Supper or whatever you want to call it. Many dispensationalists participate in communion. The point is simply that participation is not required (nor is it prohibited).

MAD doctrine teaches two NT church groups (Jew, and Jew and Gentile) no new covenant in force now,
This much you got right so long as you don't have some hidden meaning behind the terms you've used.

MAD doctrine teaches the return to the law by Jews in the Kingdom of God,
True - as stated.

and MAD doctrine teaches countless other heresies,
This sort of comment is generally stated at or near the end of a list of offenses that completely exhausts what the person saying can think of.

MAD doctrine teaches that Christ's Bride is not the Body of Christ,
There is disagreement on this point as well but generally it is held that Israel is the Bride of Christ. The dispute arises because of Paul's use of the same metaphor. In any case, it is a metaphor, even in Israel's case. Not a meaningless one, so don't freak out on me here, but its symbolic, not literal.

and MAD doctrine rejects that sanctification continues after conversion.
You have to have just made this one up. This couldn't possibly be further from the truth. I know of no one, dispensationalists or not, who rejects that sanctification continues after conversion.

Again, I suspect that there is meaning loaded into this comment that obscures what you're actually saying and you've stated this is some clearly objectionable way for effect. But regardless of what you mean, what you've said here is false.

Resting in Him,
Clete

Last edited:

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Some do, some don't. I've been water baptized twice. Neither time had anything to do with getting me saved.

Well this is outright stupidity.

This comment is obviously loaded with some meaning that it not apparent by simply reading the word "repentance" but let me just state emphatically and without qualification that sinners who do not repent will go to Hell.

Again, some do and some don't. I should say that I am assuming that you're talking about Communion or The Lord's Supper or whatever you want to call it. Many dispensationalists participate in communion. The point is simply that participation is not required (nor is it prohibited).

This much you got right so long as you don't have some hidden meaning behind the terms you've used.

True - as stated.

This sort of comment is generally stated at or near the end of a list of offenses that completely exhausts what the person saying can think of.

There is disagreement on this point as well but generally it is held that Israel is the Bride of Christ. The dispute arises because of Paul's use of the same metaphor. In any case, it is a metaphor, even in Israel's case. Not a meaningless one, so don't freak out on me here, but its symbolic, not literal.

You have to have just made this one up. This couldn't possibly be further from the truth. I know of no one, dispensationalists or not, who rejects that sanctification continues after conversion.

Again, I suspect that there is meaning loaded into this comment that obscures what you're actually saying and you've stated this is some clearly objectionable way for effect. But regardless of what you mean, what you've said here is false.

Resting in Him,
Clete

Thanks for the reply Crete.

Your answers tell me that John W and SaultoPaul do not believe much of anything you do, except the error of thinking the Jews will reign in the millennium with a return to the law.

LA

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Upon the Twelve, which you are not.

And you are finally right about something, the LORD Jesus has never poured out the Spirit on me....or you.

The Holy Spirit was poured out on all the believers in the book of Acts.

That is what makes a true Christian.

It is so obvious that the Holy Spirit has not been poured out on you, or on Grosnick.

LA

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
It was poured out on the 120 twenty "believers" who obeyed and tarry for it as directed.

Read on--

Act 10:43 To him give all the prophets witness, that through his name whosoever believeth in him shall receive remission of sins.
Act 10:44 While Peter yet spake these words, the Holy Ghost fell on all them which heard the word.
Act 10:45 And they of the circumcision which believed were astonished, as many as came with Peter, because that on the Gentiles also was poured out the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Act 10:46 For they heard them speak with tongues, and magnify God. Then answered Peter,
Act 10:47 Can any man forbid water, that these should not be baptized, which have received the Holy Ghost as well as we?
Act 10:48 And he commanded them to be baptized in the name of the Lord. Then prayed they him to tarry certain days.

LA

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
The Holy Spirit was poured out on all the believers in the book of Acts.

That is what makes a true Christian.

It is so obvious that the Holy Spirit has not been poured out on you, or on Grosnick.

LA

So speaking in tongues is necessary to be considered having had the Holy Spirit poured out on me ?

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Thanks for the reply Crete.

Your answers tell me that John W and SaultoPaul do not believe much of anything you do, except the error of thinking the Jews will reign in the millennium with a return to the law.

LA
I'd be very much surprised if you're even half right about that. I've read every book that exists that I know of on the subject of Mid-Acts Dispensationalism. The things you list are not taught in any of them except as I've briefly explained in my previous post. I suggest you reset and begin again. You've clearly misunderstood something.

At the very least you aught to commit right here and now that you will stop attacking the whole system of Mid-Acts Dispensationalism based on what you now know are faulty, or at the very least suspect, presumptions on your part. If you want to attack Mid-Acts Dispensationalism because of what it actually teaches because you honestly disagree then I'm all for you doing that. Iron sharpens iron. But what you've posted on this thread amounts to a straw man argument at best and an outright lie at worst; your future conduct will make the determination as to which was intended.

And as for the Jews reigning during the Millennium, Jesus is coming back to be King of Israel and will rule the world Himself, sitting on David's thrown in Jerusalem. The millennial reign of the Messiah has always been about Israel, it has never been about anything else other than Israel. On what basis do you propose otherwise? This is not even an exclusively Mid-Acts Dispensationalist position. Nearly every Dispensationalist in existence, mid-acts or otherwise, agrees with this general idea.

Resting in Him,
Clete

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
I'd be very much surprised if you're even half right about that. I've read every book that exists that I know of on the subject of Mid-Acts Dispensationalism. The things you list are not taught in any of them except as I've briefly explained in my previous post. I suggest you reset and begin again. You've clearly misunderstood something.

At the very least you aught to commit right here and now that you will stop attacking the whole system of Mid-Acts Dispensationalism based on what you now know are faulty, or at the very least suspect, presumptions on your part. If you want to attack Mid-Acts Dispensationalism because of what it actually teaches because you honestly disagree then I'm all for you doing that. Iron sharpens iron. But what you've posted on this thread amounts to a straw man argument at best and an outright lie at worst; your future conduct will make the determination as to which.

And as for the Jews reigning during the Millennium, Jesus is coming back to be King of Israel and will rule the world Himself, sitting on David's thrown in Jerusalem. The millennial reign of the Messiah has always been about Israel, it has never been about anything else other than Israel. On what basis do you propose otherwise? This is not even an exclusively Mid-Acts Dispensationalist position. Nearly every Dispensationalist in existence, mid-acts or otherwise, agrees with this general idea.

Resting in Him,
Clete

Good post

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Resting in Him,
Clete

I think those that don't, simply see it as it is. Passover and the revelation of its foreshadowing.

Last edited:

Cross Reference

No, Paul says clearly not all will speak in tongues in 1 Corinthians. The fruit of the Spirit is the best indicator of who is in Him.

Two different things here, Jamie. When Paul was speaking of the Corinthian church He was referring to the Gift of Tongues as was performed on the day of Pentecost. Acts nineteen 1:ff: Paul knew it to be and recognized the manifestation of it as being the evidence of the "coming upon of the Holy Spirt" for the empowerment needed in the Great commission, as Jesus spoke of it.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

My information has come from John W , Saul to Paul, Musterion, Nick M, etc.over some years of them saying what they believe.

At the very least you aught to commit right here and now that you will stop attacking the whole system of Mid-Acts Dispensationalism based on what you now know are faulty, or at the very least suspect, presumptions on your part. If you want to attack Mid-Acts Dispensationalism because of what it actually teaches because you honestly disagree then I'm all for you doing that. Iron sharpens iron. But what you've posted on this thread amounts to a straw man argument at best and an outright lie at worst; your future conduct will make the determination as to which was intended.

Mid Acts doctrine is a straightout lie, taught throughout Christendom to avoid the true Baptism of the Holy Spirit.

The Christians of today who have truly been baptized with the Holy Spirit, are the Bride of Christ and the descendants of Abraham through faith in Christ regardless of what flesh they are.

and the children of Israel (not indentified by their flesh) who will enter the millennium mortally come from the Bride of Christ who is their mother. Isaiah ch 49.

You have to ignore the corrective teachings of Christ and the Apostles to think you are correct.

Christ never leaves the Heavenly Jerusalem He ascended to and is now reigning from---

Rev 21:22 And I saw no temple therein: for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the temple of it.
Rev 21:23 And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof.

Rev 22:1 And he shewed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb.

Rev 22:16 I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.
Rev 22:17 And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.
Rev 22:18 For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:

LA

Status
Not open for further replies.