If it was your faith, it gives occasion to boast!

Status
Not open for further replies.

beloved57

The Righteousness of Faith !

Rom 4:13

[FONT=&quot]For the promise, that he should be the heir of the world, was not to Abraham, or to his seed, through the law, but through the [/FONT]righteousness of faith.

Now religious man thinks this " righteousness of Faith" is something he does, an act of his or an obedience, with his mind and or heart wherein it makes them righteous, and that before God.

However that is not the case, because the righteousness of God wherein men are made made Righteous before Him, its by the Obedience of One Rom 5:19

[FONT=Helvetica Neue, Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, [/FONT]so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

[FONT=Helvetica Neue, Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]So the Righteousness of God we are made is not the result of our act of believing, our obedience, because then it wouldn't be by the Obedience of One the Redeemer.

However, those to whom Christ's Obedience has made them Righteous before God, it shall be revealed to them and it will be apprehended by them by God given Faith, because the Gospel Promise is this Rom 1:16-17

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

Now who are the Just ? Those made Righteous by the Obedience of One Rom 5:19, its the same greek word, that is righteous in Rom 5:19 and Just in Rom 1:17
![/FONT]

Nanja

beloved57

Now religious man thinks this " righteousness of Faith" is something he does, an act of his or an obedience, with his mind and or heart wherein it makes them righteous, and that before God.

However that is not the case, because the righteousness of God wherein men are made made Righteous before Him, its by the Obedience of One Rom 5:19

For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

So the Righteousness of God we are made is not the result of our act of believing, our obedience, because then it wouldn't be by the Obedience of One the Redeemer.

If a person is relying on his own act of believing in Christ, exercising his own faith of the mind / heart, thinking that's what gets himself Justified, then he's relying on his own act of obedience, and not the blood and obedience of Christ. So consequently, he, himself, is boasting of being his own savior!

beloved57

Do you have Faith in your Faith ?

Is it your so called faith that makes the difference in you going to heaven or hell? Or does it make a difference if one goes to heaven or hell? Faith is an act of the mind and heart of man, for instance Rom 10:9-10

[FONT=&quot]9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

See that ? with the heart man believeth ! Believing is an act of man here ! The word believeth here is pisteuó and means:

I believe, have faith in, trust in; pass: I am entrusted with.
Its from the verb
pistis which is translated Faith 239 x
So if we believe ones Salvation was because of our faith, then we have faith in our faith as saviour. It was not Christ that made the Saving difference, but faith.

However, true Saving Faith looks outside of ourselves and acknowledges that not ones Faith made the difference in being saved and lost but that Christ did, that His Death for me alone made the difference in one being saved and lost !
[/FONT]

beloved57

Do you have Faith in your Faith ?2

If we have faith in our faith, that is, if we think our own act of believing caused us to differ from others and made us righteous before God, accepted of God, then thats whats called a legal faith, even confidence in the flesh. Its having confidence in a act of obedience performed in the flesh, which is contrary to True God given Faith, Paul says of the True Believer Phil 3:3

[FONT=Helvetica Neue, Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]For[/FONT] we are the circumcision[FONT=Helvetica Neue, Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif], which worship God in the spirit, and rejoice in Christ Jesus,[/FONT] and have no confidence in the flesh.

[FONT=Helvetica Neue, Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]This simply means True Believers dont trust in anything they do to make them right with God, to cause their Salvation. Now the same is true of repentance, it can be a legal repentance, more confidence in the flesh ![/FONT]

Nanja

beloved57
Do you have Faith in your Faith ?1

However, true Saving Faith looks outside of ourselves and acknowledges that not ones Faith made the difference in being saved and lost but that Christ did, that His Death for me alone made the difference in one being saved and lost !

Do you have Faith in your Faith ?2

If we have faith in our faith, that is, if we think our own act of believing caused us to differ from others and made us righteous before God, accepted of God, then thats whats called a legal faith, even confidence in the flesh. Its having confidence in a act of obedience performed in the flesh, which is contrary to True God given Faith, Paul says of the True Believer Phil 3:3

[FONT=Helvetica Neue, Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]For[/FONT] we are the circumcision[FONT=Helvetica Neue, Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif], which worship God in the spirit, and rejoice in Christ Jesus,[/FONT] and have no confidence in the flesh.

[FONT=Helvetica Neue, Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]This simply means True Believers dont trust in anything they do to make them right with God, to cause their Salvation. Now the same is true of repentance, it can be a legal repentance, more confidence in the flesh ![/FONT]

Amen Brother! The Death/Blood of Christ alone is what effects Salvation, and the New Heart given in New Birth Ezk. 36:26; Gal. 5:22; Rom. 10:10 is the result of Christ's death for that one, for it's His Blood alone that purges their conscience from dead works to serve The Living God Heb. 9:14.

beloved57

beloved57
Do you have Faith in your Faith ?1

Amen Brother! The Death/Blood of Christ alone is what effects Salvation, and the New Heart given in New Birth Ezk. 36:26; Gal. 5:22; Rom. 10:10 is the result of Christ's death for that one, for it's His Blood alone that purges their conscience from dead works to serve The Living God Heb. 9:14.

Of a Truth Sister !

beloved57

If thou shalt believe in thy heart !

Rom 10:9-10

[FONT=&quot]9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.[/FONT]
10 [FONT=Helvetica Neue, Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]For [/FONT]with the heart man believeth unto righteousness[FONT=Helvetica Neue, Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.[/FONT]

[FONT=Helvetica Neue, Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]What heart is Paul speaking of in these verses ?[/FONT]

[FONT=Helvetica Neue, Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Lets keep in mind what the heart entails. Its the greek word kardia:[/FONT]

heart; "the affective center of our being" and the capacity of moral preference (volitional desire, choice; see P. Hughs, 2 Cor, 354); "desire-producer that makes us tick" (G. Archer), i.e our "desire-decisions" that establish who we really are.
the center and seat of spiritual life, "the soul or mind, as it is the fountain and seat of the thoughts, passions, desires, appetites, affections, purposes, endeavors" (so in English heart, inner man,[FONT=Trebuchet, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] etc.);[/FONT]
[FONT=Trebuchet, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Now scripture has an indictment against the heart of naturally, for instance Gen 6:5

[/FONT]5 [FONT=&quot]And God saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.[/FONT]

Gen 8:21

21 [FONT=&quot]And the [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Lord[/FONT][FONT=&quot] smelled a sweet savour; and the [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Lord[/FONT][FONT=&quot] said in his heart, I will not again curse the ground any more for man's sake; for the imagination of man's heart is evil from his youth; neither will I again smite any more every thing living, as I have done.

Jer 17:9

[/FONT]
9 [FONT=&quot]The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?

Now folks this is Gods indictment on the natural mans heart, even if hes very sincerely religious !

So what type of heart performs the actions described in Rom 10:9-10 ?

Its the New Heart given in the New Birth Ezk 36:26

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]A [/FONT]new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

Which produces these results Ezk 36:27

27 [FONT=&quot]And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

Believing on Christ is the fruit of the New Heart ![/FONT]

Nanja

If thou shalt believe in thy heart !

Rom 10:9-10

[FONT="][FONT=Arial][B]9 [/B][/FONT]That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt [B]believe in thine[U] heart [/U][/B]that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000][FONT=Arial][B]10 [/B][/FONT][/COLOR][FONT=Helvetica Neue, Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][COLOR=#000000]For [/COLOR][/FONT][B]with [U]the heart [/U]man believeth unto righteousness[/B][FONT=Helvetica Neue, Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][COLOR=#000000]; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.[/COLOR][/FONT]

[FONT=Helvetica Neue, Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][COLOR=#000000]What heart is Paul speaking of in these verses ?[/COLOR][/FONT]

[FONT=Helvetica Neue, Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][COLOR=#000000]Lets keep in mind what the heart entails. Its the greek word kardia:[/COLOR][/FONT]

[COLOR=#001320][FONT=Trebuchet] [/FONT][/COLOR][I]heart; "the [I]affective center of our being" and the [I]capacity of moral preference ([I]volitional desire, [I]choice; see P. Hughs, [I]2 Cor, 354); "[I]desire-producer that makes us tick" (G. Archer), i.e our "desire-[I]decisions" that establish who we really are.
[/I][/I][/I][/I][/I][/I][/I][/I][COLOR=#001320][FONT=Trebuchet]the center and seat of spiritual life, "the soul or mind, as it is the fountain and seat of the thoughts, passions, desires, appetites, affections, purposes, endeavors" (so in English [/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#001320][FONT=Trebuchet]heart, inner man,[/FONT][/COLOR][FONT=Trebuchet, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][COLOR=#001320] etc.);[/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Trebuchet, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][COLOR=#001320]Now scripture has an indictment against the heart of naturally, for instance Gen 6:5

[/COLOR][/FONT][COLOR=#000000][FONT=Arial][B]5 [/B][/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000][FONT="]And God saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.[/FONT]

Gen 8:21

21 [FONT="]And the [/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000][FONT="]Lord[/FONT][FONT="] smelled a sweet savour; and the [/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000][FONT="]Lord[/FONT][FONT="] said in his heart, I will not again curse the ground any more for man's sake; [B]for the imagination of [U]man's heart[/U] is evil from his youth[/B]; neither will I again smite any more every thing living, as I have done.

Jer 17:9

[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000][FONT=Arial][B]9 [/B][/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000][FONT="]The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?

Now folks this is Gods indictment on the natural mans heart, even if hes very sincerely religious !

So what type of heart performs the actions described in Rom 10:9-10 ?

Its the New Heart given in the New Birth Ezk 36:26

[/FONT]
[FONT="]A [/FONT][/COLOR][B][U]new [/U][B][U]heart[/U] also will I [B]give you, and a [B]new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony [B]heart out of your flesh, and I will [B]give you an [B]heart of flesh.

[/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B]Which produces these results Ezk 36:27

[COLOR=#000000][FONT=Arial][B]27 [/B][/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000][FONT="]And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

Believing on Christ is the fruit of the New Heart ![/FONT]

Absolutely Brother !

Nanja

A Great article on Eph 2:8,

One I find agreement with because of its scriptural foundation. Its by an author named gilbert bebee

http://pbministries.org/Theology/Beebe, Gilbert/ephesians2.8l.htm

Amen!

For the apostle testifies, that if it be by works, then it is no more by grace; and if by grace, then it is no more by works. It cannot possibly be of both, or partly of grace and partly of works. We are not left to guess on which of these two opposites our salvation rests; for we are so plainly told that it is of the one, and that it is not of the other. “For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: not of works, lest any man should boast.” Infidel Arminians (we say infidel, because none who believe what God has said can be Arminians) in their desperate effort to pervert this Scripture, say that the grace by which we are saved is of God, but the faith through which we receive it is of ourselves; and that by faith as a condition, we may obtain the grace, and so secure the salvation; and this heaven daring logic finds a ready market in our guilty world. But suppose their logic good, would it not follow that if we procured the grace by our faith, that the whole, grace, faith and salvation would all be of ourselves, and not the gift of God? If, as they affirm, God has offered this salvation on certain terms to everybody, and some comply with the terms and are saved, and others reject the terms and perish; then the declaration of our text would be falsified, and men who complied with the terms would have right to boast over those who rejected them. And would it not further prove that neither the grace nor the faith, nor even the blood of Christ, saved anybody? If the salvation of sinners depends on what they do to obtain it, then the apostle is found a false witness of God to us. But the Scriptures abundantly testify that the grace by which the saints are saved is the grace of God; therefore it is not of ourselves; and the faith through which we are saved is the faith of the Son of God, and the fruit of the Spirit, it therefore cannot be of ourselves. It is the gift of God.

beloved57

The religionist when making faith a condition, is saying, boasting that there was something God seen in me, a quality that separated me from you, that is you who dont believe. I excelled you in that quality. Thats boasting, pride and self righteousness.

Nanja

The religionist when making faith a condition, is saying, boasting that there was something God seen in me, a quality that separated me from you, that is you who dont believe. I excelled you in that quality. Thats boasting, pride and self righteousness.

Yes it is ! He makes his own faith the reason for his salvation [of himself Eph. 2:8]; a work of the flesh and mind, so that now he can boast of his religious obedience that caused his salvation which is evil.

James 4:16 But now ye rejoice in your boastings: all such rejoicing is evil.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Yes it is ! He makes his own faith the reason for his salvation [of himself Eph. 2:8]; a work of the flesh and mind, so that now he can boast of his religious obedience that caused his salvation which is evil.

James 4:16 But now ye rejoice in your boastings: all such rejoicing is evil.

And your only reason for salvation is through election?

beloved57

The thinking that faith by the natural man is a condition required by God to get saved is a great delusion, and puts man in believing in salvation by the works of the law, for faith was required under the law Matt 23:23

23 [FONT=&quot]Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone

Faith here is stated to be one of the weightier matters of the law, and that it OUGHT to have been DONE! The word ought here is the greek word [/FONT]
dei and means:

1. necessity in reference to what is required to attain some end
  2. a necessity of law and command, of duty, equity

Nanja

The thinking that faith by the natural man is a condition required by God to get saved is a great delusion, and puts man in believing in salvation by the works of the law, for faith was required under the law Matt 23:23

23 [FONT="]Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted[B] the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith[/B]: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone

Faith here is stated to be one of the weightier matters of the law, and that [U][B]it OUGHT[/B][/U] to have been DONE! The word ought here is the greek word [/FONT][/COLOR][I]dei and means:

[/I]​
[LIST=1]
[*][COLOR=#000000]necessity in reference to what is required to attain some end[/COLOR]

[*][COLOR=#000000]a necessity of law and command, of duty, equity[/COLOR]

[/LIST][/QUOTE]

[COLOR="#006400"]Amen Brother, a great delusion indeed !

Mat. 23:23 clearly states that Faith is a work of the Law that ought to be done.

So those who teach that Faith is a condition that the natural man must perform with his mind before God saves him, it means they are relying on a work of the Law they do or perform to get themselves saved, which not only denies Salvation by Grace, but is boasting in the flesh Eph. 2:8-9; Rom. 8:8; attributing their obedience to the Law the reason for their righteousness, and not the Obedience of Christ on behalf of all for whom He Lived and Died Rom. 5:19.

Gal. 2:16 Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.

beloved57

nana

So those who teach that Faith is a condition that the natural man must perform with his mind before God saves him, it means they are relying on a work of the Law they do or perform to get themselves saved, which not only denies Salvation by Grace, but is boasting in the flesh Eph. 2:8-9; Rom. 8:8;

yep

attributing their obedience to the Law the reason for their righteousness, and not the Obedience of Christ on behalf of all for whom He Lived and Died Rom. 5:19.

affirmative

Gal. 2:16 Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.

Yes

See our God given faith rests in the fact that we were Justified before God by the faith/faithfulness of Christ !

Nanja

nana

yep

affirmative

Yes

See our God given faith rests in the fact that we were Justified before God by the faith/faithfulness of Christ !

Right on, God justifies us because Christ died for us; or because our sins were imputed to Him, and not because we believed it.

So Faith given us in New Birth Gal. 5:22 is the evidence of justification, and not the cause of it.

beloved57

Right on, God justifies us because Christ died for us; or because our sins were imputed to Him, and not because we believed it.

So Faith given us in New Birth Gal. 5:22 is the evidence of justification, and not the cause of it.

Yes, and not only that Sister, Christ not only died for us, but lived for us as well. The elect had not only transgressed Gods law and justice of punishment was due, but we owed a debt of perfect obedience to Gods law, obeying every holy precept, summed up in Matt 22:37-40

[FONT=&quot]37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]38 This is the first and great commandment.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

Folks this Law has been fulfilled for Gods Elect by Christ, this is righteousness of the law also Rom 8:3-4

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]3 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]4That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.[/FONT]

Remember the doers of the Law shall be Justified Rom 2:13

13 [FONT=&quot](For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified.

Now all the elect of God are the doers of the Law, no not in themselves, but in and by the Faithfulness of Jesus Christ ![/FONT]

Status
Not open for further replies.