If God created...

CherubRam

According to the Bible, what is listed as the time duration for a day. This is on the first page if you are not sure.
I looked at the original text and it did not say: (The following or next) evening and morning was a day. Nor is the word "that" in the scriptures, being (that day.) I see no reason to retract what I said, day being a epoch of time; even though the words "evening" and "morning" is used.

Thanks anyway for pointing that out to me.

Epoisses

Do explain

If people were on this planet for millions of years the bones would be piled up a 100 feet high on every square inch of every continent! Evolution is a lie of the devil who hates humans with such a passion that he will create a religion that is taught in every school and in every country. Evolution is a religion not science. The professors and teachers of it are really priests of the devil who's job is to deceive because they themselves are deceived. You have to have blind faith to believe that one animal can turn into another animal which has never been witnessed one single time ever.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
I looked at the original text and it did not say: (The following or next) evening and morning was a day. Nor is the word "that" in the scriptures, being (that day.) I see no reason to retract what I said, day being a epoch of time; even though the words "evening" and "morning" is used.

Let's say you read Genesis 1 and you think, after reading it, perhaps for the first time, "Is one day in Genesis 1, one day? Or is it some other unit of time?" and you think, "Boy, it sure would be nice, me being Protestant, if the Bible itself, infallibly referred to the creation account, and sheds some light on my question," and you know what? Exodus.

There's no indication in Exodus that Genesis 1 days are anything other than regular day-days. Not millennium-days or epoch-days or whatever else; Exodus just says days. Moses didn't get into any of this stuff, there isn't even any explanation afterwards or beforehand---just "six days."

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
If people were on this planet for millions of years the bones would be piled up a 100 feet high on every square inch of every continent! Evolution is a lie of the devil who hates humans with such a passion that he will create a religion that is taught in every school and in every country. Evolution is a religion not science. The professors and teachers of it are really priests of the devil who's job is to deceive because they themselves are deceived. You have to have blind faith to believe that one animal can turn into another animal which has never been witnessed one single time ever.
My thought is that if people have been here for that long we'd be buried in books. People have been around for thousands of centuries, and we only figured out how to write things down in the past handful of millennia? That's doesn't pass my sniff test.

Interplanner

Let's say you read Genesis 1 and you think, after reading it, perhaps for the first time, "Is one day in Genesis 1, one day? Or is it some other unit of time?" and you think, "Boy, it sure would be nice, me being Protestant, if the Bible itself, infallibly referred to the creation account, and sheds some light on my question," and you know what? Exodus.

There's no indication in Exodus that Genesis 1 days are anything other than regular day-days. Not millennium-days or epoch-days or whatever else; Exodus just says days. Moses didn't get into any of this stuff, there isn't even any explanation afterwards or beforehand---just "six days."

No explanation, but there is a 'crack' that could allow other time. But it will still not be enjoyed by the uniformitarian because it means that other celestial things (battles?) were going on. If you want details, let me know. It's about the Hebrews expressions in v2 and about how Moses organized sections as he wrote.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
No explanation, but there is a 'crack' that could allow other time. But it will still not be enjoyed by the uniformitarian because it means that other celestial things (battles?) were going on. If you want details, let me know. It's about the Hebrews expressions in v2 and about how Moses organized sections as he wrote.
You can think what you want. There's an element that goes to great lengths to show how scripturally faithful they are, and this is a bear trap for them. If they're so diehard Sola Scriptura, then they have to pass this test, or else they're liars, and they only believe what they want to about the Bible; they're fakes. And their ankle gets stuck.

There are other bear traps like this.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
There is a place in scripture that says we may work six days but the seventh day is a day of rest.
That's interesting also. Hebrews reads like Christians have already entered into an everlasting day of rest, in this body, and on this earth, now.

way 2 go

evening and morning

1 rotation of the earth = 1 day

to this day, that is how it works here.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
That's interesting also. Hebrews reads like Christians have already entered into an everlasting day of rest, in this body, and on this earth, now.

The weekly Sabbath foreshadows the millennial Sabbath.

People who reject the one automatically reject the other.

Jesus said he is Lord of the Sabbath. And he will be.

Epoisses

There is more assumption in there than you think. The Bible scholars, the real ones, not here, usually say about 6000-10,000 years.

That's still better than millions of years. Evolution can only work with millions of years so if you take that away it falls to pieces.

Epoisses

The weekly Sabbath foreshadows the millennial Sabbath.

People who reject the one automatically reject the other.

Jesus said he is Lord of the Sabbath. And he will be.

The weekly Sabbath foreshadowed the gospel and resting in the finished work of Christ which you don't do.