ECT If Christ's work on the Cross is finished, why this scripture?

nikolai_42

i forced myself to wade through this. But you know, i am not going to pretend i get exactly what you are saying. All i know is that you do not understand Catholic teaching on atonemnet and expiation and Purgatory. Yet, like all noncatholics/anticatholics, you think you do understand it.

i do agree that it is not the suffering that expiates, per se... Well, actually, we would assume it is not... but our assumptions are just our human assumptions, eh?

in any case... again, i don't really get your main point

___

Were monasteries (and what went on in them) beneficial?

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
that is the stuff u have been taught

it has nothing to do with Christ's sacrifice being sufficient. It has to do with you APPLYING that (His sacrifice) to your heart and body and mind and soul.

Apply it today, erase it tomorrow... such is being human...

__

___

I told you before. Because he said it is finished;

John 19:30 Modern English Version (MEV)

30 When Jesus had received the sour wine, He said, “It is finished.” And He bowed His head and gave up His spirit.

musterion

Colossians 2:13 says ALL trespasses are forgiven those who are in Christ. Catholics tend to ignore that one too (but so do lots of non-Catholic members of Christendom).

republicanchick

And that is exactly what one would expect when a Savior's ability to save is dependent (even if only partially) on the ability of man to stay saved. The hallmark of legalism.

like i said: sometimes truth sounds... (fill in the blanks)

sometimes it sounds odd just b/c we have been raised to believe soemthign else

tricky thing, the human mind

and the heart is even more problematic

"The heart is deceitful above all things and desperately wicked..."
___

republicanchick

Colossians 2:13 says ALL trespasses are forgiven those who are in Christ. Catholics tend to ignore that one too (but so do lots of non-Catholic members of Christendom).

catholics do not ignore any such thing.

going to confession focuses a person on his sinfulness better than anything

__

musterion

catholics do not ignore any such thing.

Christ said through Paul that, for the true Body of Christ, sins are forgiven. They are forever gone from the sight of God.

Your cult denies this. It MUST deny it to stay in business and keep people like you roped.

oatmeal

http://standrewparish.blogspot.com/2008/10/what-is-lacking-in-afflictions-of.html

Colossians 1:24

speaks of us sinners making up what is lacking in the sufferings of Christ

++​

Paul chose to follow in the steps of Jesus Christ, Paul had not yet done all that he could do in doing the same works as Jesus Christ and greater, John 14:12.

All of us can make that statement.

Not a one of us has done all the works of Jesus Christ and greater works.

Jesus Christ had great patience with people, Paul was learning and learning more and more

SaulToPaul 2

vs

Romans 6:10 For in that he died, he died unto sin once: but in that he liveth, he liveth unto God.

Romans 6:11 Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.

republicanchick

Christ said through Paul that, for the true Body of Christ, sins are forgiven. They are forever gone from the sight of God.

Your cult denies this. It MUST deny it to stay in business and keep people like you roped.

There is the original Church Christ founded, going back to the time of His Ascension and continuing until now (I will build My Church and the gates of Hell will not prevail against it-Mt 16:18)

It is you who belong to a cult

+++

republicanchick

vs

Romans 6:10 For in that he died, he died unto sin once: but in that he liveth, he liveth unto God.

Romans 6:11 Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.

those psgs have nothing to do with the topic.. figures

+++

Aimiel

Jesus is seated at The Right Hand of The Father, expecting until His enemies be made into His Footstool. He isn't going to get up and go defeat Satan (again) for you. He did so ONCE. He is seated now, having given His Authority over ALL the power of the enemy to you and me and He is waiting for us to rise up with the same determination He had when He entered Jerusalem, His Face set like flint, ready to face The Spirit of Death, The Spirit of Hell and The Spirit of the Grave and defeat them upon Mount Olivet. He overcame them through prayer and fasting and under the greatest pressure of anyone who has ever prayed (no one else I've ever heard of has prayed so hard that his blood pressure exceeded the ability of his body to hold the blood inside of it) and prevailed. He cut that New Covenant with God in His Own Blood at Mount Olivet. The next day He paid the price of having that Covenant: His Own Life. Satan was already defeated by Jesus' Faith in God through prayer and His Covenant. It is His Blood which represents our covenant with God that makes us clean from sin and His own children. It is His Blood and our testimony of Him that gives us the victory over sin, death, hell and the grave. It is His Blood that gives us His Eternal Life. Amen.