I have one question

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Followed by others once answered
for clarification. I am not going to stay here if I'm thought of as stupid or simple or uneducated or racist or boring.

Sent from my SM-G930V using TOL mobile app

I wouldn't call you those things based on what I can remember from your posts. My complaint would be that at times I think you get too partisan on issues but at other times I think you can contribute to good dialogue.

ClimateSanity

I think most people here like you. I do and I think you're pretty smart
Thanks. I get the feeling the negative comments come from people who despise my point of view. They would despise anyone who had the same point of view and they would be even nastier to people who had my point of view who defended it more strongly.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
for clarification. I am not going to stay here if I'm thought of as stupid or simple or uneducated or racist or boring.

I can understand that.
I don't know about you, but I've seen those terms slung around so often with the scantiest of twisted reasoning that they have lost their sting.
So I hope you stick around.

And don't forget that if you and I happen to agree with most things, you will automatically be on the black list of many here.
You know, 'me and mine' and the elusive 'club' conspiracies.
Sometimes it's just comical to watch them go so far out on a limb, and it has turned into little more than side-splitting slap-stick comedy.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
You are not one of the people I'm concerned with.

The only one you should be concerned with their thoughts of you, is the Lord. Let Him define you, not others. Stay because you like it here and like some of the people here and feel effective here (doing what God leads you to do), if those things dont apply at all, then this isnt a place i would want to be.

No one will like everyone and there are some people that being nice to them, makes them worse, ignore them.

Danoh

You have this, do you not?

Romans 5:1 Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:

Well, because of Him, you also have this...

5:2 By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.

And that is the case, regardless of good or bad circumstances.

And that is just a matter of walking in it's truth by the same route by which it first became yours - by faith.

By "this is what the Scripture says about my acceptance - that, as far as God is concerned, He is at peace with me. Given that hope and its resulting glory, all else is small potatoes.

Notice, what else, bro...

5:3 And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience; 5:4 And patience, experience; and experience, hope: 5:5 And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.

Note what all that is tied to - to the only popularity contest that matters - the Father's acceptance - and that you are said to have won - HANDS DOWN - IN CHRIST!

For that is what the fact that the Holy Ghost has been given us; demonstrates.

That God's issue with us has been COMPLETELY satisfied.

That Christ ALONE is now the issue, and can therefore be...our SOLE focus - COME WHAT MAY; OR EXPERIENCE WHAT WE MIGHT...

5:6 For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly. 5:7 For scarcely for a righteous man will one die: yet peradventure for a good man some would even dare to die. 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. 5:9 Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him. 5:10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

Dear brother, get your eye back on THIS prize that is ALREADY yours - IN - HIM AND IN HIM - ALONE.

Get back to, and as often as you need to, and get back to it whether you need to or not, so that IT ALONE is your focus when you do need it, simply "by reason of use..."

Get back to THIS focus - on ALL that IS...Romans 5:8...

You'll find you are doing just that when you find that when one problem or another, or one disheartening thing or another comes your way, you "by faith" look it straight in its eye and say "Hah! Bring It! For in light of the fact that God commendeth His love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners - CHRIST died for us - this that you would bring life, is - "LIGHT affliction!"

Take a breather in that, bro. You merely went off course.

It happens.

Were any of us perfect.

Were you...

There would NOT have been a need for Romans 5:8.

But we're not.

So we have ALL that that simple passage actually contains...

Just remember, bro, you ALWAYS have...

Romans 5:8!!!