I have a question about observing God’s commands in light of New Testament scriptures

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Matt. 26: 26 And as they were eating, Jesus took bread, blessed and broke it, and gave it to the disciples and said, “Take, eat; this is My body.”

27 Then He took the cup, and gave thanks, and gave it to them, saying, “Drink from it, all of you. 28 For this is My blood of the new covenant, which is shed for many for the remission of sins. 29 But I say to you, I will not drink of this fruit of the vine from now on until that day when I drink it new with you in My Father’s kingdom.”

The "new" covenant is new with regard to what?

God's Truth

Jesus observed and taught the old covenant. This is the only way to say He fulfilled the Law and the Prophets.

Answer my question and stop merely saying whatever comes to your mind.

Tell me WHAT the ceremonial/purification works were and what they meant.

You said you studied the Torah, go and study and answer so you can prove you have studied and know the truth.

God's Truth

Jesus observed and taught the old covenant. This is the only way to say He fulfilled the Law and the Prophets.

You have no understanding.

What about the scriptures that say the ceremonial/purification WORKS OF THE LAW WERE A TEACHING TOOL AND SHADOW?

Why don't you humble yourself and listen?

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
The old Covenant...made at Sinai. The Mosaic Covenant. The Law.

The new Covenant...made at Calvary. The Gospel. Grace.

And this I say that the law, which was four hundred and thirty years later, cannot annul the covenant that was confirmed before by God in Christ that it should make the promise of no effect.(Galatians 3:17)​

What covenant was Paul referring to that preceded the Law of Moses by 430 years?

Hawkins

Based on what authority?

So do you mean to say that today all Christians should observe Sabbath?

You underestimated God's power of predicting things before hand.

In effect, all mankind is observing God's Sabbath as in human calendars both Sat and Sun are holidays generally speaking. It is so because God wants humans to take a rest after a week's work, just like He did.

In a nutshell, God won't arbitrarily ask you to observe something. It's for a good purpose that He asks you to observe the Law. You may fail to speculate His intentions though.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Gen. 12:1-3

Correct, however Jesus' disciples were governed by the Mosaic covenant which came after the Abrahamic covenant. Being guided by a covenant made with an uncircumcised Gentile was a new concept to them. Totally new.

Hawkins

As I understand it the Sabbath commandment is not about having a service.

Observing the Sabbath is for a purpose. I already post that in another post.

Yes, you have a conscience. You know right from wrong even without the Law of Moses (though God's Law does a really good job of pointing out and spelling out what our obedience should look like and what sin is). Many have a moral code that is not identical to the Law of Moses but does not contradict it. This can be said to be from God.

As for a law written in our hearts, I believe you may be wanting to talk about the new covenant, which came later. But maybe you can explain your thoughts.

It seems that you miss the point. It's not my point of view. I repeat here what Paul says in his episodes.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Answer my question and stop merely saying whatever comes to your mind.

Tell me WHAT the ceremonial/purification works were and what they meant.

You said you studied the Torah, go and study and answer so you can prove you have studied and know the truth.

I think you are asking a Christian question in regard to the old covenant, not a Jewish question to be answered from Torah teaching. Do you disagree?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
You have no understanding.

What about the scriptures that say the ceremonial/purification WORKS OF THE LAW WERE A TEACHING TOOL AND SHADOW?

Why don't you humble yourself and listen?

I already know what the New Testament scriptures say. I deny none of them.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Observing the Sabbath is for a purpose. I already post that in another post.

It seems that you miss the point. It's not my point of view. I repeat here what Paul says in his episodes.

Everyone has a conscience. Which verse are you speaking of? The new covenant was spoken of in Jeremiah 31:31-34 NASB. It doesn't say that the new covenant is about a conscience and a moral code.