I have a question about observing God’s commands in light of New Testament scriptures

God's Truth

In regard to observing commands found in the Old Testament scriptures pertaining to the New Testament scriptures, as New Testament believers are we to stop at observing, of the old covenant commands or Old Testament scriptures, only those commands that are found, reiterated, or repeated in the New Testament scriptures? Should we observe all those that are?

From on the Narrow Path today in the afternoon.

http://www.thenarrowpath.com/archive/TNP160510H.mp3

Jesus came to earth and taught the New Covenant, then he shed his blood for the New Covenant.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Jesus came to earth and taught the New Covenant, then he shed his blood for the New Covenant.

Why do you believe Jesus taught the new covenant? He said of Himself this is the new covenant in My blood. I believe Jesus observed and taught the Law and the old covenant. He also spoke of the new covenant. WHen did the new covenant come to be, in your estimation? Do you have a time? Are you saying He came and only taught the new covenant?

beameup

I have no problem with discussing only Paul with you if that is what you want. I personally believe he never spoke against the Law. I would rather start with Jesus, as He is my Lord. Then there is the apostles and the prophets and the rest of the church, which includes Paul.

Don't forget that the risen Lord Jesus appeared to Paul and gave Paul information ("mysteries") that had never been revealed in the Old Testament. Just do a search for "mystery" in Paul's epistles. This info was not revealed to the Twelve, but only to Paul.

2 Peter 3:15-16 And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you as also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.
Note that even Peter had difficulty understanding things revealed to Paul by the Lord Jesus Christ.
Note also that Peter testifies that Paul was writing Scripture.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Don't forget that the risen Lord Jesus appeared to Paul and gave Paul information ("mysteries") that had never been revealed in the Old Testament. Just do a search for "mystery" in Paul's epistles. This info was not revealed to the Twelve, but only to Paul.

Note that even Peter had difficulty understanding things revealed to Paul by the Lord Jesus Christ.
Note also that Peter testifies that Paul was writing Scripture.

Jesus revealed to Paul what He wanted to. But the eleven and one more apostles were not without new covenant truth.

beameup

Jesus revealed to Paul what He wanted to. But the eleven and one more apostles were not without new covenant truth.

They learned from the revelations given to Paul. Remember that the opportunity for Israel to repent as a nation still was available. It was available up until the destruction of the Temple in 70 AD. So, we have two groups of people (1)The Nation Israel (2)Body of Christ [composed of Gentiles and "some" Jews]. The Twelve were commissioned to go to "the lost sheep of the house of Israel".

Acts 3 contains Peter's "Gospel" to Israel

But those things, which God before had shewed by the mouth of all his prophets, that Christ should suffer, he hath so fulfilled. Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord; And he shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you: Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began. Acts 3:19-21
Peter is using the phrases "the times of refreshing" and "the times of restitution of all things" to refer to the Millennial Reign of Messiah.

God's Truth

Why do you believe Jesus taught the new covenant? He said of Himself this is the new covenant in My blood. I believe Jesus observed and taught the Law and the old covenant. He also spoke of the new covenant. WHen did the new covenant come to be, in your estimation? Do you have a time? Are you saying He came and only taught the new covenant?

Jesus came and taught the New Covenant, and when he was crucified, he shed his blood for the New Covenant.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
They learned from the revelations given to Paul. Remember that the opportunity for Israel to repent as a nation still was available. It was available up until the destruction of the Temple in 70 AD. So, we have two groups of people (1)The Nation Israel (2)Body of Christ [composed of Gentiles and "some" Jews]. The Twelve were commissioned to go to "the lost sheep of the house of Israel".

Acts 3 contains Peter's "Gospel" to Israel
Acts 5:31 NASB - 31 "He is the one whom God exalted to His right hand as a Prince and a Savior, to grant repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins.
Peter is using the phrases "the times of refreshing" and "the times of restitution of all things" to refer to the Millennial Reign of Messiah.
I'm not sure what to say to your statement here.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Jesus came and taught the New Covenant, and when he was crucified, he shed his blood for the New Covenant.

When did Jesus teach the new covenant? I believe the new covenant is in Jesus. He shed His blood for us. What do you mean he shed his blood for the New Covenant?

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It is my belief that Paul said nothing against the Law.

Galatians 5

1Stand fast therefore in the liberty by which Christ has made us free, and do not be entangled again with a yoke of bondage. Indeed I, Paul, say to you that if you become circumcised, Christ will profit you nothing. 3 And I testify again to every man who becomes circumcised that he is a debtor to keep the whole law.

beameup

Acts 5:31 NASB - 31 "He is the one whom God exalted to His right hand as a Prince and a Savior, to grant repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins.
I'm not sure what to say to your statement here.

To keep it simple, read Romans through Philemon. Then read Romans through Philemon. Keep repeating.
Things will clear up and make life so much easier.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned

Galatians 5

1Stand fast therefore in the liberty by which Christ has made us free, and do not be entangled again with a yoke of bondage. Indeed I, Paul, say to you that if you become circumcised, Christ will profit you nothing. 3 And I testify again to every man who becomes circumcised that he is a debtor to keep the whole law.

Amen! I am saying this is nothing against God's Law.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
To keep it simple, read Romans through Philemon. Then read Romans through Philemon. Keep repeating.
Things will clear up and make life so much easier.
Anyone can do this. I have read Paul before. I have nothing against reading Paul. I probably won't do this right now if I ever do though. I encourage anyone to take you up on this.

God's Truth

We are not to cut up and interrupt this for us and this for them and no more here and no more there.

The whole Bible goes together. The whole Bible is a teaching tool on how to love.

The message from the BEGINNING to the END is to believe and obey God.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Jesus taught the NEW Covenant. Do not listen to the MAD teachers here, because they say what Jesus said while he walked the earth is not for all.
Jesus observed and taught the old covenant. This is the only way to say He fulfilled the Law and the Prophets.

theophilus

Matt. 26: 26 And as they were eating, Jesus took bread, blessed and broke it, and gave it to the disciples and said, “Take, eat; this is My body.”

27 Then He took the cup, and gave thanks, and gave it to them, saying, “Drink from it, all of you. 28 For this is My blood of the new covenant, which is shed for many for the remission of sins. 29 But I say to you, I will not drink of this fruit of the vine from now on until that day when I drink it new with you in My Father’s kingdom.”

:)