ECT I don't want to provoke

Damiano

It's long time that I don't write because I can't write a good English.
Now I'd like write something and I don't want to provoke but only have an explanetion about an important principle of belief.
I refer to the death of Jesus.I think that GOd can't to die; if GOd dies He isn't God.
The theology says that is the jesus man who died but the Council of Nicea established
the principle of consustanziality which teaches Jesus is alwais real man and real God.
Therefore of the two one:eek:r the Historical Jesus wasn't God or He could not die.
Worse,inasmuch as the historical Jesus died, he wasn't GOd.
I know that my writ can appear blasphemous , but I don't want, I just want to understand.

glorydaz

God cannot die, but He can take on the "form of a servant", and become flesh to dwell among us. That's who Jesus Christ is - God with us. Jesus was born of a woman, begotten of God, so He is both God and man. Only the man died on the cross, and it was the man that was raised again from the dead. He never stopped being God, and He was God from the very beginning.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Now I'd like write something and I don't want to provoke but only have an explanetion about an important principle of belief.
I refer to the death of Jesus.I think that GOd can't to die; if GOd dies He isn't God.
The theology says that is the jesus man who died but the Council of Nicea established
the principle of consustanziality which teaches Jesus is alwais real man and real God.
Therefore of the two one:eek:r the Historical Jesus wasn't God or He could not die.
I know that my writ can appear blasphemous , but I don't want, I just want to understand.
Gonna depend on exactly what you mean by "die".
As we have seen in scripture, one can be dead while still a conscience being.
Such as the prodigal son.
He was called "alive" while under the authority of his father, but dead when he moved away, and then became alive again when he returned to the father's authority.

Had nothing to do with what we call physical death (such as dying of old age or getting hit by a bus).
Luke 15 KJV

(24) For this my son was dead, and is alive again; he was lost, and is found. And they began to be merry.

(32) It was meet that we should make merry, and be glad: for this thy brother was dead, and is alive again; and was lost, and is found.​

In that respect, "dead" means "lost".
Our Lord God and Savior Jesus Christ was never "lost".

And don't forget that scripture tells us that even though Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob had already died physically, they are still called "living".
Mark 12 KJV
(26) And as touching the dead, that they rise: have ye not read in the book of Moses, how in the bush God spake unto him, saying, I am the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob?
(27) He is not the God of the dead, but the God of the living: ye therefore do greatly err.​

And while I'm at it, let me throw in ....

John 11 KJV
(26) And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?

That certainly cannot be talking about physical death because we know believers do die a physical death.

So when it says that GOD cannot die, there is more than one way to approach it.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
God cannot die, but He can take on the "form of a servant",
Yes.
I would like to elaborate on this with some thoughts.

I don't understand why folks think that GOD cannot be GOD with a "form".
Seems to go along with the notion of the gnostics that a "form" would make GOD less than GOD in some way.
But we see throughout scripture that GOD does have "forms".
He was in the burning bush.
Did the the form of the burning bush die?
He was a man when meeting with Abraham.
Did that form die?
He was in the pillars of smoke and fire leading Israel through the wilderness.
Did the form of the pillars die?

Looks to me like GOD can be any form and still be the GOD that does not die.

Truster

Keep not writing.

Bradley D

The flesh died. The soul did not. Jesus soul went into Hades. When God raised Jesus from the dead I believe then His soul was reunited with Jesus' physical body.

marhig

Hello, it doesn't matter that your English isn't good, keep posting anyway, we can still understand you, if anyone doesn't understand, they can always ask if you could try and explain what you mean a bit more :)

Jesus isn't God, it also says in the Bible that God can't be tempted, Jesus was tempted in all points as we are. Jesus clearly refers to the father as his God, and the disciples also refer to the father as the God and father of our Lord Jesus Christ and it also says that the head of Christ is God so God is above Christ. There is only one God, and that's the father and he is the only true God and Jesus himself says this also.

We are not saved by Jesus dying on the cross, we are saved by the grace of God through faith. We must have faith in God, and we are saved by the gospel, through Christ, by the word of God which is given freely by God's grace and it's then up to us whether we believe and repent and then live by the will of God or not. Jesus said that the reason that he was born and came into this world is to bare witness to the truth, and those who are of the truth hear his voice.

Take no notice of anyone who is negative because of your English, many won't be able to speak your language either, and they are no better than you!! And God loves all of us and he wants all us back, that's why Jesus said to his disciples, go preach the gospel to every creature in every nation, because God loves us all, he loves the whole world but many don't love him in return, they love themselves, this world, and their own lives too much, to have any room for God. We know God's true people by their fruits.

It's good to ask questions, but if we live by the will of God and ask him to show us, he will, God gives us light (understanding) bit by bit, it's is called progressive Revelation. Revelation is God revealing to us what he wants us to see in his time. But as I said he only gives spiritual understanding to to those who live by his will and obey him. it says in the Bible that the Spirit will guide us and teach us in all things, and the Spirit teaches the truth not the false doctrines of men. But God only gives revelation to those who live by his will, we can't live by our own will and put ourselves first, and please God. To please God we must put him first in our lives and obey him, and we will do this if we truly love him with all our heart. And Jesus speaks the truth and he has showed us the way.

Also If you want me to show you why I believe as I do, or where it is in the Bible, then please ask and I'll show you. :)

Last edited:

marhig

The flesh died. The soul did not. Jesus soul went into Hades. When God raised Jesus from the dead I believe then His soul was reunited with Jesus' physical body.
Sorry I meant to quote that, not thank it.

Jesus didn't go to hell, he went straight to God. He said to the thief on the cross "today you will be with me in paradise" and he also said father "into thy hands I commend my Spirit". The father isn't in hell but in heaven, so Jesus went to heaven and his Spirit went to the father.

Bradley D

Jesus didn't go to hell, he went straight to God. He said to the thief on the cross "today you will be with me in paradise" and he also said father "into thy hands I commend my Spirit". The father isn't in hell but in heaven, so Jesus went to heaven and his Spirit went to the father.

Where was Jesus's soul during the time between His death and resurrection.

"For Christ also suffered for sins once for all, the righteous for the unrighteous, to bring you to God. He was put to death in the body, but made alive in the spirit, in which He also went and preached to the spirits in prison" (1 Peter 3:18-19).

Bradley D

posted twice. I cannot find delete. sorry.

"For Christ also suffered for sins once for all, the righteous for the unrighteous, to bring you to God. He was put to death in the body, but made alive in the spirit, in which He also went and preached to the spirits in prison" (1 Peter 3:18-19).

Last edited:

marhig

Peter is talking about when Jesus was alive not dead, we are the spirits in prison! He was put to death in the body, meaning his body was dead to the flesh but he was alive in the Spirit. And he preached to those who were dead to God in their lifetime, and freed those who believed in him, through faith by the grace of God by the power of the Spirit by the gospel of God, freeing them from chains of darkness, that they are held in, held in blindness by Satan. And set them free, bringing them from death to life. And he's still doing the same through his people. We are in hell here before we know God, hell is a state and it is where Satan is, and Satan is here and he has control of the hearts of many in this world, destroying the lives of many and wrecking the world, by people who love their flesh falling for his temptations, and he is able to toss them too and fro through their lusts of the flesh. And only God through Christ can help us to overcome him, by the power of the Spirit within.

Jesus went straight to God when he died, he even said father into your hands I commend my Spirit. And Elijah and Moses weren't in the grave, because they appeared with Jesus on the mount! And Stephen didn't go into a grave to rot, he went to Christ.

Acts 7:59

And they stoned Stephen, calling upon God, and saying, Lord Jesus, receive my spirit.

We go straight to God. We don't lie in a grave, our flesh goes back to the dust but our Spirit goes to God.

Last edited: