I Am Pro-Abortion

Angeltress

No one is willingly subjecting them to anything. In most states it is up to the mother until a certain point. That is, it's her call.

What you don't seem to understand is the tremendous pressures brought to bear on a young woman in a crisis pregnancy.
You seem to think that these girls actually choose abortion, without even considering that the father, his family, her family, society in general all seem to want her to "get rid of the baby" as if it were something evil.
The picture you have of a self assured, determined young woman simply getting rid of an unwanted inconvenience is severely skewed.

In other words, my friend...you don't have the first clue what you are talking about.

Angeltress

You know what might help would be if we quit glorifying sex, as if it were some magical wonderland that kids just have to experiment with.
To truly "empower women" we need to go back to the original pattern...teaching them that their sexuality is something precious, and not to be squandered for a half hour's fumbling in the back seat of their teenage date's car.
Yes...I am talking about that horrible boogey man...."Abstinence".
And please, don't tell me it doesn't work. Not unzipping the jeans works a heck of a lot better than any birth control on the market. And it has the added feature of keeping the young lady safe from STDs....

Quetzal

What you don't seem to understand is the tremendous pressures brought to bear on a young woman in a crisis pregnancy.
You seem to think that these girls actually choose abortion, without even considering that the father, his family, her family, society in general all seem to want her to "get rid of the baby" as if it were something evil.
The picture you have of a self assured, determined young woman simply getting rid of an unwanted inconvenience is severely skewed.

In other words, my friend...you don't have the first clue what you are talking about.
A lot of unfounded, inaccurate assumptions about me. No where did I say they didn't consider the father, family, etc. No where did I say they were self assured and determined. In other words, my friend, you don't have the first clue what you are talking about. I have no doubt it's hard. I don't know much about it, that is why my post was so brief.

oatmeal

babies breath in the womb, try again

breathing amniotic fluid does not disqualify a person from being a person

Yes, they do "breathe" amniotic fluid.

So, are you suggesting that you could breath amniotic fluid or the liquid of your choice for say 9 minutes? Not asking if it is a good idea, just want to know if you would want to prove your point by doing it?

Do you think you could survive? I don't so don't try it.

If breathing water is God's design why are you not preaching it?

Why do doctors make a big deal of the newborn to take its first breath of air?

What happens to the newborn if it does not take its first breath?

Genesis 2:7

Daniel1611

I know everyone makes mistakes but if people had more personal accountability there would be less unplanned pregnancy. There's abortion and welfare so just get pregnant whenever , right?

Angeltress

A lot of unfounded, inaccurate assumptions about me. No where did I say they didn't consider the father, family, etc. No where did I say they were self assured and determined. In other words, my friend, you don't have the first clue what you are talking about. I have no doubt it's hard. I don't know much about it, that is why my post was so brief.

Then you should not support what you do not understand.
As I stated earlier, until you have held a young woman who was put under "twilight sleep" for her abortion, but who remembers waking up enough to look down and see her baby's severed head floating around in a bucket of blood, you are not qualified to have an opinion on whether or not abortion is really a "choice".
I have actually worked with several hundred, if not over a thousand of these young women since about 1996, both in Phoenix Arizona and here in Alabama. I have actually taken young women into my own home, because they had nowhere else to go...their families had turned their backs on them. Their choice was to get the abortion or find a homeless shelter...and too often the family wins and the baby dies.
You have not walked a mile in their shoes....I actually have gone "the extra mile" with a great many of them.

Therefore, I repeat...you do not know what you are talking about.
But don't feel too offended...most "pro-choice" types don't....

And it is someone like me who is left to try to help these poor women pick up the pieces.

Quetzal

Then you should not support what you do not understand.
As I stated earlier, until you have held a young woman who was put under "twilight sleep" for her abortion, but who remembers waking up enough to look down and see her baby's severed head floating around in a bucket of blood, you are not qualified to have an opinion on whether or not abortion is really a "choice".
I have actually worked with several hundred, if not over a thousand of these young women since about 1996, both in Phoenix Arizona and here in Alabama. I have actually taken young women into my own home, because they had nowhere else to go...their families had turned their backs on them. Their choice was to get the abortion or find a homeless shelter...and too often the family wins and the baby dies.
You have not waked a mile in their shoes....I actually have gone "the extra mile" with a great many of them.

Therefore, I repeat...you do not know what you are talking about.
But don't feel too offended...most "pro-choice" types don't....

And it is someone like me who is left to try to help these poor women pick up the pieces.
I am sure there are atrocities but I am still unwavering in my support of people making their own choices and decisions within their legal right. This is not an exception.

Angeltress

Most pro choice types are also very much into allowing some underpaid teacher to teach our kids about sex...something that has been the responsibility of the parents for thousands of years.
Why would I want my kids, at such a vulnerable age, to learn about this very important human function from someone who could give a cr...uh...who doesn't care whether they get pregnant or get an STD or not? It's just a paycheck to them.
"Just run downstairs to the nurse's office, dearie, and she'll give you a little brown paper bag..."
Is this what we truly want for our precious sons and daughters?
I think not....

Angeltress

I am sure there are atrocities but I am still unwavering in my support of people making their own choices and decisions within their legal right. This is not an exception.

If it weren't so tragic, I'd laugh out loud at this post.
You are sure there are atrocities? Did you seriously say that, for real?
Good Lord in Heaven, where have you been hiding? Under a rock?

A dead baby is an atrocity. What are you, that you do not realize this simple fact?
Have you ever actually seen what was left after the abortion was over?
I hate to break it to you....but it is not "a clump of cells".

Have you ever held a dead baby in your arms? Ever tried to comfort the parents?

Somehow I doubt it.

For most pro choice types, it's an "atrocity" when they run out of minutes on their cell phone, or when there isn't enough cheese on their pizza....