I Am Pro-Abortion

Quetzal

if you don't subscribe to a religion you have no argument concerning the topic of Morality...

perhaps you'd like to review the laws of the land and discuss ethics, instead?

is it legal? can we vote and change the law?

...should we change the law?
Ugh, such a horrible argument. Christianity does not have exclusive rights to morality. Many atheists are morally sound individuals while I know many Christians who are complete scumbags. Your religion does not determine your morality.

Quetzal

Christianity holds the only rational explanation for the source of morality.
It can be a source, but it is not as exclusive as Christians believe it to be. There are other sources that contribute, too.

Last edited:

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Ugh, such a horrible argument. Christianity does not have exclusive rights to morality. Many atheists are morally sound individuals while I know many Christians who are complete scumbags. Your religion does not determine your morality.

Abortion is not just a religious issue. It's a moral issue. It is about protecting the life of an unborn, innocent human being who is unable to defend themselves.

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
at what point EXACTLY, does a 'potential being' become an 'actual being'?

i'm afraid for this argument, you are going to have to be EXTREMELY precise...

don't be afraid to show your work:
:first: Post of the day.

oatmeal

too vague, you'll have to be more precise

Genesis 2:7

Have you heard the phrase, "he took his last breath"?

Is that not a reference to someone dying?

What is "he took his first breath"?

Why are doctors so concerned about a newborn taking its first breath?

Quetzal

Abortion is not just a religious issue. It's a moral issue. It is about protecting the life of an unborn, innocent human being who is unable to defend themselves.
I don't think we agree completely on the topic of abortion, but I do agree that it isn't exclusively a religious issue.

Angeltress

Everyone seems to think that a woman in a crisis pregnancy wants to get an abortion. Most of the time, that is just not true.
All too often these girls get abortions because they have no financial or emotional support.
And all too often they end up needing counseling...

Angeltress

I spent a great many years volunteering in an abortion alternative center, first in Phoenix, Arizona, and later in Alabama. For those who do not know, an abortion alternative center is a place where a woman in a crisis pregnancy can come to for counseling, and for help finding the resources she will need to carry her baby to term, and to provide a safe and healthy birth experience, as well as resources to help her care for her child afterword.
I have taken several of these young ladies into my own home, where I helped them to get ready for their baby. To this day, many of those kids call me "Nana", just like my own grandkids.
Unfortunately we often find ourselves counseling post abortion women. The fact is that, although they were told that it was a "simple procedure, just like getting a wart removed", deep down they know the truth...they consented to the murder of their child. Telling them that "it's just a clump of cells" might ease their conscience long enough to get them into the clinic for the abortion...but once it is all over, the truth hits them, hard. And suddenly, all those friendly, helpful people who wanted to help her "get through this difficult time and put it all behind her" seem to have disappeared.
And so, they wind up sitting with someone like me.

So, please, don't bother telling me all about how we must give women a choice...not until you have held someone who was under "twilight sleep" for her "simple procedure", and happened to have a lucid moment when she looked down to see her baby's severed head floating around in a bucket of blood...

Angeltress

It doesn't matter what the source of your morality is.
A moral person will not condone the murder of innocent babies, nor will such a one willingly subject these young women to the horror that is abortion.

Angeltress

Instead of murdering the child, wouldn't it be better to provide resources so that the mother can have the baby, or adopt it to parents who desperately want a child but can't conceive their own?
Why is the first response to kill the kid?

Quetzal

It doesn't matter what the source of your morality is.
A moral person will not condone the murder of innocent babies, nor will such a one willingly subject these young women to the horror that is abortion.
No one is willingly subjecting them to anything. In most states it is up to the mother until a certain point. That is, it's her call.

Quetzal

Instead of murdering the child, wouldn't it be better to provide resources so that the mother can have the baby, or adopt it to parents who desperately want a child but can't conceive their own?
Why is the first response to kill the kid?
You make the mistake of assuming that it is their first response. I can only assume it might be a bit more complicated than that.

republicanchick

"An embryo has no rights. Rights do not pertain to a potential, only to an actual being. A child cannot acquire any rights until it is born. The living take precedence over the not-yet-living (or the unborn). Abortion is a moral right — which should be left to the sole discretion of the woman involved; morally, nothing other than her wish in the matter is to be considered. Who can conceivably have the right to dictate to her what disposition she is to make of the functions of her own body?"
-Ayn Rand

[/URL]

well, it looks like Ayn Rand was just a potential human herself

no fully developed human would spoutate such nonsense.