Hurricane Irma

Interplanner

Yes, I'm ok, I'm land locked in Missouri. Hurricanes are unpredictable, that's why they always named them after women in the old days :chuckle:

lol, that has been fixed, hasn't it?

it really is an awful storm. I was suprised to see how quickly Houston drained, though, and hope for the best. The national HQ of the co. I work for is in Sarasota, or maybe now Sarasoaka.

Interplanner

When I think how many dense populations have built up there in S. Florida, considering the storm history, I just wonder what people had in mind. Similarly, I live in an area where people come and build expensive investment homes that face north, have 5 months shade, and no view of the national park mountains, although they might have a view of the Puget sound and Cascades, and often have ice for those 5 months and need to sand their driveways.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It turned out to be not such a bad hurricane. It could have been much worse, thank God for that.
The southern coast of the USA has sure gotten a beating.
I haven't heard about damages done to naval ports.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
8 elderly residents at a Hollywood FL nursing home die, due to extreme heat and no A/C. What a horrible way to go. That should have never happened and investigation is underway.