Hurricane Irma

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Here comes another one. I think I heard that it's the strongest hurricane ever, on record in the Atlantic Ocean? Like Eeset said, let's all pray for it to turn away from the US.

Last edited:

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Parts of Florida are under mandatory evacuation.
Were told that rescue teams would not be there to help them because they were not going to force their officers to stay, but to evacuate also.
Anyone that stays is on their own, at least until the storm passes.

The main problem is that gasoline is in short supply in the area.
Most stations have run out because of the mass evacuations.

ebenz47037

Proverbs 31:10
Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Parts of Florida are under mandatory evacuation.
Were told that rescue teams would not be there to help them because they were not going to force their officers to stay, but to evacuate also.
Anyone that stays is on their own, at least until the storm passes.

The main problem is that gasoline is in short supply in the area.
Most stations have run out because of the mass evacuations.

That's the problem my daughter has with evacuating in Georgia. She and her roommates spent all of their money, stockpiling food and water for the storm. Now, they don't have enough money to leave and most of the gas stations in her area are saying they're out of gas.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
That's the problem my daughter has with evacuating in Georgia. She and her roommates spent all of their money, stockpiling food and water for the storm. Now, they don't have enough money to leave and most of the gas stations in her area are saying they're out of gas.
Yep.
And you certainly can't blame folks for not wanting to drive a semi with a tanker full of gasoline into a storm.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame

Is she up in Atlanta, or over in Savannah?

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
She's just outside Augusta.

Then it depends if the hurricane hits Miami, then goes into the Atlantic, then hits Savannah; this would be the worst for Augusta, not as bad as Savannah.. Models are favoring it hitting the west side and going through Florida, and if this happens, it will be a tropical storm when it gets up to Augusta

ebenz47037

Proverbs 31:10
Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Then it depends if the hurricane hits Miami, then goes into the Atlantic, then hits Savannah; this would be the worst for Augusta, not as bad as Savannah.. Models are favoring it hitting the west side and going through Florida, and if this happens, it will be a tropical storm when it gets up to Augusta

My local forecasters are calling for Irma to come up here (near Cincinnati) before she breaks up. We're supposed to get a good amount of rain on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday from Irma.