ECT Humility

glorydaz

"I already told you that you are not a judge."

Believers must be judges of themselves at very least.

"Have you ever heard of a whited sepulchre? "

You call me one enough

"A person can paint the outside, and what's in the heart is hidden.
It's known as donning a MASK."

A person can also aspire to a virtue sincerely due to the knowledge that such is wholly good and wise and true.

"A clue for me is that truly humble people aren't always talking about being humble (like you do). John W is excluded because most of us realize he is joking."

A clue for any who believe the words and deeds of the Christ to be pertinent to their own salvation and way of living in this life would be the observation of one who openly speaks against the very topic of a known virtue as if it is only ever fake or for the appeasment of the eyes of man. I'll be the first to tell you i am not holy. But that doesn't mean I have to bask is such decay; especially after having such a foundation and truth and example and Way as Jesus the very Christ of GOD.

"Pride is easily seen under the fake humility people like you are so obsessed with. Thus I am able to judge."

Pride is readily observable to those with eyes to see. Who is proud but the one who goes about belittling all whom she disagrees with within all their enteractions; with no regard or hope for that person, though they plea otherwise in their own mask and part in their play.

You espouse projection as usual it seems; and too as usual; with no scriptural support or support of any sort other than because you say. I can't judge but you can; so much so that you won't even list a metric to see if what I speak of is a genuine virtue and too good for all mankind; and more importantly perhaps; if it is of the truth.

Yep, no pride there....

Get over yourself ma'am.

Projection....back out of your desisions and seek out our motives lest you be found without oil on that marvellous day

peace

Golly, you got your feelings hurt once again.

Would a humble man get so defensive?

Would a humble man even care what another person thought?

I rest my case.

PS....learn how to use the quote function. I don't want to be blamed for your words which you've mixed in with mine.

popsthebuilder

Golly, you got your feelings hurt once again.

Would a humble man get so defensive?

Would a humble man even care what another person thought?

I rest my case.

PS....learn how to use the quote function. I don't want to be blamed for your words which you've mixed in with mine.
Yours are in quotations.

I'm not offended. And the subject isn't me but humility.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

glorydaz

A clue for any who believe the words and deeds of the Christ to be pertinent to their own salvation and way of living in this life would be the observation of one who openly speaks against the very topic of a known virtue as if it is only ever fake or for the appeasment of the eyes of man.

Our Lord being God in the flesh is pertinent to my salvation, but you choose to reject that.

The "known virtue" you speak of (humility) is commonly faked by the natural man of the flesh. He always loves himself more than God. So save the lectures for Meshak etal. They might buy your arguments.

I'll be the first to tell you i am not holy. But that doesn't mean I have to bask is such decay; especially after having such a foundation and truth and example and Way as Jesus the very Christ of GOD.

Jesus Christ is not an "example" you can follow. You must be created a new creature, and you won't be until you know who Jesus Christ is. He is God come in the flesh.

Pride is readily observable to those with eyes to see. Who is proud but the one who goes about belittling all whom she disagrees with within all their enteractions; with no regard or hope for that person, though they plea otherwise in their own mask and part in their play.

Playing the victim won't work. You reject the Gospel, just as you reject your Lord God and Saviour.

You espouse projection as usual it seems; and too as usual; with no scriptural support or support of any sort other than because you say. I can't judge but you can; so much so that you won't even list a metric to see if what I speak of is a genuine virtue and too good for all mankind; and more importantly perhaps; if it is of the truth.

I'm simply telling you the truth. I realize you don't like it.

1 Corinthians 2:15 But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man.​

Yep, no pride there....

I didn't write the Bible. I only quote it.

Get over yourself ma'am.

I told you that you don't have the ability to judge. You keep proving it.

Projection....back out of your desisions and seek out your motives lest you be found without oil on that marvellous day

To the pure all things are pure. My motives are not the problem, here.

Your comment about being "without oil" only shows you do not understand spiritual things.

That's a fake sign off. :carryon:

popsthebuilder

[MENTION=13955]glorydaz[/MENTION] 5224658]"Our Lord being God in the flesh is pertinent to my salvation, but you choose to reject that."

Outright lie that you outright refuse to attempt to support because you know you cannot.

"The "known virtue" you speak of (humility) is commonly faked by the natural man of the flesh. He always loves himself more than God. So save the lectures for Meshak etal. They might buy your arguments."

Commonly is often; always is without fail. That you think man cannot genuinely have virtues is a little off....must be that whole original sin thing.

"Jesus Christ is not an "example" you can follow. You must be created a new creature, and you won't be until you know who Jesus Christ is. He is God come in the flesh."

Good job mawmaw. Now just be a dear and show who doesn't believe such with verifiable evidence....oops; that's right, you have none.....poor thing.

"Playing the victim won't work. You reject the Gospel, just as you reject your Lord God and Saviour. "

I reject neither; I just don't hold to your twisted versions.

"I'm simply telling you the truth. I realize you don't like it."

I love the truth. I hate manipulation of the truth disguised as truth but really just comfort and complacency with this physical life and the things there of. I hate it even more when they project their gross error onto others as if it is them who goes wholly against our Lord and His teachings.

1 Corinthians 2:15 But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man.​

Which is what I said. We are judged by our conscience. We judge ourselves.

"I didn't write the Bible. I only quote it."

To me you quote in extreme partiality and twist the meaning of sacred writ through proficiency in cherry picking.

"I told you that you don't have the ability to judge. You keep proving it."

"To the pure all things are pure. My motives are not the problem, here."

That doesn't smack of missplaced pride in self at all. Who do you really think you are fooling.....those enslaved to the flesh don't count obviously.

"Your comment about being "without oil" only shows you do not understand spiritual things."

Show such scripturally or stop making stuff up.

"That's a fake sign off. :carryon:"[/QUOTE]

No it is a genuine plea from me to you, not that you will ever have any of it though you vainly imagine you will and even currently do.

By the way;. If true humility only comes through the saved and you are saved then why aren't you humble.....don't worry, you don't have to answer.....its okay.

peace

Last edited:

glorydaz

[MENTION=13955]glorydaz[/MENTION] 5224658]
Spoiler
"Our Lord being God in the flesh is pertinent to my salvation, but you choose to reject that."

Outrigjt lie that you outright refuse to attempt to support because you know you cannot.

"The "known virtue" you speak of (humility) is commonly faked by the natural man of the flesh. He always loves himself more than God. So save the lectures for Meshak etal. They might buy your arguments."

Commonly is often; always is without fail. That you think man cannot genuinely have virtues is a little off....must be that whole original sin thing.

"Jesus Christ is not an "example" you can follow. You must be created a new creature, and you won't be until you know who Jesus Christ is. He is God come in the flesh."

Good job mawmaw. Now just be a dear and show who doesn't believe such with verifiable evidence....oops; that's right, you have none.....poor thing.

"Playing the victim won't work. You reject the Gospel, just as you reject your Lord God and Saviour. "

I reject neither; I just don't hold to your twisted versions.

"I'm simply telling you the truth. I realize you don't like it."

I love the truth. I hate manipulation of the truth disguised as truth but really just comfort and complacency with this physical life and the things there of. I hate it even more when they project their hross error onto others as if it is the who goes wholly against our Lord and His teachings.

Which is what I said. We are judged by our conscience. We judge ourselves.

"I didn't write the Bible. I only quote it.".....in extreme partiality and twist the meaning of sacred writ through proficiency in cherry picking

"I told you that you don't have the ability to judge. You keep proving it."

"To the pure all things are pure. My motives are not the problem, here."

That doesn't smack of missplaced pride in self at all. Who do you really think you are fooling.....those enslaved to the flesh as you don't count obviously.

"Your comment about being "without oil" only shows you do not understand spiritual things."

Show such scripturally or stop making stuff up.

"That's a fake sign off. :carryon:"

No it is a genuine plea from me to you, not that you will ever have any of it though you vainly imagine you will and even currently do.

By the way;. If true humility only comes through the saved and you are saved the. Why aren't you humble.....don't worry, you don't have to answer.....its okay

Spoiler

This is the second day you've used the MENTION function with my name to post this kind of garbage. You can't even use the quote function. I can see you're in quite the snit, but do not clutter my email with your continual whining. :nono:

This is a warning....do not mention me in one of your silly diatribes again, or I will report you.

popsthebuilder

[/spoiler]

This is the second day you've used the MENTION function with my name to post this kind of garbage. You can't even use the quote function. I can see you're in quite the snit, but do not clutter my email with your continual whining. :nono:

This is a warning....do not mention me in one of your silly diatribes again, or I will report you.
Report me for what?

I can't use the quote function; most likely due to my own error. I don't know why you have such a problem with me actually quoting your words. It allows me to address your points further.

What rule am I breaking by quoting you with actual quotation marks?

glorydaz

Report me for what?

I can't use the quote function; most likely due to my own error. I don't know why you have such a problem with me actually quoting your words. It allows me to address your points further.

What rule am I breaking by quoting you with actual quotation marks?

I've asked you not to mention me. That means using the @ feature with my name. If I want to read any of your posts, I will without having to get a special notice through my email account.

That, and your whiney posts end up being impossible to decipher and way too long.

popsthebuilder

I've asked you not to mention me. That means using the @ feature with my name. If I want to read any of your posts, I will without having to get a special notice through my email account.

That, and your whiney posts end up being impossible to decipher and way too long.
I can manage to not use the @ symbol in front of your avatar. No problem.

Still don't see how that would be a violation though. But if you don't want me to then I won't....easy fix.

I went back and fixed a couple of the errors, and one case where I sorta spoke on your behalf. Even if I used the quote feature it would have been the same length though.

popsthebuilder

Abuse of the mention function has been a violation in the past. Now you know.
I don't see how attemtping to get your attention is any sort of abuse of any feature; but I can see how it could get annoying on the email reception end if excessive.....which it isn't seeing as how I have done it twice.

glorydaz

The question becomes. Can humility be seen by man?

The answer is NO.

Are there those who put on a false front of being humble?

The answer is YES. We see the effort being made all the time right here on TOL. :chuckle:

glorydaz

I don't see how attemtping to get your attention is any sort of abuse of any feature; but I can see how it could get annoying on the email reception end if excessive.....which it isn't seeing as how I have done it twice.

Neither was used as the feature is intended. Both were used to whine and complain. I don't need a special notification to hear you whine and complain.

popsthebuilder

The question becomes. Can humility be seen by man?

The answer is NO.

Are there those who put on a false front of being humble?

The answer is YES. We see the effort being made all the time right here on TOL. :chuckle:
So excluding what you see here; you don't personally see humility in any.

And that isn't a problem to you?

Christ did teach it over and over.

glorydaz

So excluding what you see here; you don't personally see humility in any.

And that isn't a problem to you?

Christ did teach it over and over.

"Humble yourself in the sight of the Lord"....He sees into the hearts of man.

Christ spoke of humility....as to being the opposite of PRIDE.

Hardly over and over.

Matthew 18:4 Whosoever therefore shall humble himself as this little child, the same is greatest in the kingdom of heaven.

Matthew 23:12 And whosoever shall exalt himself shall be abased; and he that shall humble himself shall be exalted.

Luke 14:11 For whosoever exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.

Luke 18:14 I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.​

What we do know is that it is the Fruit of the Spirit, and cannot be mustered up by man on his own.

Galatians 5:22-23
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

popsthebuilder

"Humble yourself in the sight of the Lord"....He sees into the hearts of man.

Christ spoke of humility....as to being the opposite of PRIDE.

Hardly over and over.

Matthew 18:4 Whosoever therefore shall humble himself as this little child, the same is greatest in the kingdom of heaven.

Matthew 23:12 And whosoever shall exalt himself shall be abased; and he that shall humble himself shall be exalted.

Luke 14:11 For whosoever exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.

Luke 18:14 I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.​

What we do know is that it is the Fruit of the Spirit, and cannot be mustered up by man on his own.

Galatians 5:22-23
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
Awesome thank you.....care to delve further? What about what the apostles taught on the subject? Psalms, proverbs, Isaiah, Joshua, Jeremiah, Job?

I'm not trying to sound snide but I noticed you didn't answer me directly....i hope that maybe by the scripture you posited, that you may see a problem with witnessing no humility in the world around you?

Thank you for the verses.... for real

glorydaz

Awesome thank you.....care to delve further? What about what the apostles taught on the subject? Psalms, proverbs, Isaiah, Joshua, Jeremiah, Job?

I'm not trying to sound snide but I noticed you didn't answer me directly....i hope that maybe by the scripture you posited, that you may see a problem with witnessing no humility in the world around you?

Thank you for the verses.... for real

I don't know how much more direct I can be. I am not able to see into the hearts of man. Only God can do that. If you like playing God, like you seem to do quite often, that's your problem.