Humility and Sell All Your Possessions and Properties

cgaviria

BANNED
Banned
I'm sure that you and your followers can find a "mountain" to retreat to.
Otherwise, I can envision you on top of a pole as a "stylite".

Causing pain to self is unscriptural, although all the elect are indeed appointed to suffer and be persecuted. If you do not suffer, you have not been chosen.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

beameup

Causing pain to self is unscriptural, although all the elect are indeed appointed to suffer and be persecuted. If you do not suffer, you have not been chosen.

Since you "sin" in your dreams, while sleeping, the only "sure way" to completely eliminate "sin" is to permanently depart this life. The "monastic life" of deprivation certainly did not alleviate sin from Martin Luther's life... until he became "free from the bondage of sin".

musterion

Since you "sin" in your dreams, while sleeping, the only "sure way" to completely eliminate "sin" is to permanently depart this life. The "monastic life" of deprivation certainly did not alleviate sin from Martin Luther's life... until he became "free from the bondage of sin".

For those who believe in confessional salvation, there is no way anybody can comprehensively acknowledge and confess every single act, thought or impulse. If they say that they do, they are lying or delusional.

But even if they were somehow successful, it would be as pointless as fighting the Hydra; at best only lopping off twig after regenerating twig while the root (sin) remains humanly untouchable, and thrives.

cgaviria

BANNED
Banned

This is not so, the only way to eliminate sin is to be reborn into the spirit. If you are not born again into the holy spirit, you cannot enter into the kingdom of God. If you still sin, then you have not been baptized into the holy spirit.

heir

TOL Subscriber
During the time of the apostles, the assemblies sold all their possessions and properties,

Which coincides with these passages,

Because selling all possessions and properties is an act of humility, which relates to how the Ninevites fasted and put on sackcloth, as acts of humility,

Because in addition to repentance, which means to stop sinning,
What makes you think those passages are to you? Why haven't you sold out?

Humility is the way to seek the mercy and favor of God, hence
According to God's mercy, He saved us.

Titus 3:5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

Titus 3:6 Which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour;

You can't please God in the flesh.

Romans 8:8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.

So now what?

cgaviria

BANNED
Banned
Show where the Bible uses that term.

Jesus answered, “Very truly I tell you, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless they are born of water and the Spirit. (John 3:5 [NIV])

Don’t be astonished that I told you, ‘All of you must be born from above.’ The wind blows where it wants to. You hear its sound, but you don’t know where it comes from or where it is going. That’s the way it is with everyone who is born of the Spirit.” (John 3:7-8 [ISV])

“Moreover, I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit within you; and I will remove the heart of stone from your flesh and give you a heart of flesh. “I will put My Spirit within you and cause you to walk in My statutes, and you will be careful to observe My ordinances. (Ezekiel 36:26 [NASB])

Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God. (1 John 3:9 [KJV])

[1] In nothing then is there now condemnation to the ones in Christ Jesus, not walking according to flesh, but according to spirit. [2] For the law of the spirit of the life in Christ Jesus freed me from the law of the sin and of death. (Romans 8:1-2 [ABP])

But you are not in flesh, but in spirit, if indeed spirit of God lives in you. But if anyone does not have the spirit of Christ, this one is not of him. (Romans 8:9 [ABP])

You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness. (Romans 6:18)

Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy. (Daniel 9:24 [KJV])

And she shall bear a son, and you shall call his name Jesus, for he shall deliver his people from their sins. (Matthew 1:21 [ABP])

Jesus replied, “Very truly I tell you, everyone who sins is a slave to sin. Now a slave has no permanent place in the family, but a son belongs to it forever. So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed. (John 8:34-36 [NIV])

You shall be then yourselves perfect, as your father, the one in the heavens is perfect. (Matthew 5:48 [ABP])

And she said, No one, O Lord. And Jesus said to her, Nor I condemn you; go and from now sin no more! (John 8:11 [ABP])

For by one offering he has perfected in perpetuity the ones having been sanctified. (Hebrews 10:14 [ABP])

Let us therefore, as many as be perfect, be thus minded: and if in any thing ye be otherwise minded, God shall reveal even this unto you. (Philippians 3:15 [KJV])

and congregation of the firstborn, who are enrolled in heaven, and to God, the judge of all, and to the spirits of the righteous, who have been made perfect, (Hebrews 12:23 [NETBIBLE])

Epaphras, who is one of you, a servant of Christ, saluteth you, always labouring fervently for you in prayers, that ye may stand perfect and complete in all the will of God. (Colossians 4:12 [KJV])

And let endurance have its perfect work, so that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing. (James 1:4 [BLB])

heir

TOL Subscriber
I wonder what you would think when you read the actual bible, seeing that most of this study is merely just quoted scripture. Regardless, I do not expect pigs to understand the value of pearls.
You've cited several "the actual bible" and mix them all up as if they're all saying the same thing to the same people and you call what you cast pearls?

cgaviria

BANNED
Banned
What makes you think those passages are to you? Why haven't you sold out?

According to God's mercy, He saved us.

Titus 3:5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

Titus 3:6 Which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour;

You can't please God in the flesh.

Romans 8:8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.

So now what?

Which is why you must be born in the holy spirit to then walk in spirit. Yet you will not be granted the holy spirit unless you first believe in the son of God, and subsequently repent and humble yourself. Upon which, when you receive the holy spirit, you will then be granted a righteousness that is caused by the spirit of God within you. This is why it is not by your own works of righteousness that you could be saved, because you are of a corrupt nature, "the flesh", and need the holy spirit to then walk by the righteousness that the spirit of God causes. Upon which, it then becomes impossible for you to sin, since the holy spirit removes evil desires from the heart, which are the cause of sin. Its fairly simple to understand, but most of you have to unlearn the lies you have been taught in your churches.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Yet you will not be granted the holy spirit unless you first believe in the son of God, and subsequently repent and humble yourself.
Believing IN the Son of God is not the gospel of your (or my) salvation. What is?

cgaviria

BANNED
Banned
You've cited several "the actual bible" and mix them all up as if they're all saying the same thing to the same people and you call what you cast pearls?

Your question makes no sense. Rephrase it if you want an intelligent response.

cgaviria

BANNED
Banned
There is no such term in the Bible.

To be born of God is to be born in the spirit which is to be baptized in the holy spirit which is to have the spirit of God come inside you which is to receive the holy spirit. These are all different terms and phrases for the same event. Upon which, a manifestation of power always happens when a man receives the holy spirit.

heir

TOL Subscriber
To be born of God is to be born in the spirit which is to be baptized in the holy spirit which is to have the spirit of God come inside you which is to receive the holy spirit. These are all different terms and phrases for the same event. Upon which, a manifestation of power always happens when a man receives the holy spirit.
More made up terms without scripture to show me. Why make things up?

heir

TOL Subscriber
Jesus answered, “Very truly I tell you, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless they are born of water and the Spirit. (John 3:5 [NIV])
John 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
John 3:6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

John 3:7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

Everyone who has ever been born is born of water. Israel must be born again, resurrected

Nicodemus was a "master of Israel". He should have known that being born again (born of the Spirit), that it was resurrection as in Ezekiel 37 (dry bones). Read about it.

John 3:10 Jesus answered and said unto him, Art thou a master of Israel, and knowest not these things?

And unless you are willing to claim that you can walk through walls, you are NOT born again

John 3:8 The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.

Jesus was "born again".

Luke 24:30 And it came to pass, as he sat at meat with them, he took bread, and blessed it, and brake, and gave to them.
Luke 24:31 And their eyes were opened, and they knew him; and he vanished out of their sight.
Luke 24:32 And they said one to another, Did not our heart burn within us, while he talked with us by the way, and while he opened to us the scriptures?
Luke 24:33 And they rose up the same hour, and returned to Jerusalem, and found the eleven gathered together, and them that were with them,
Luke 24:34 Saying, The Lord is risen indeed, and hath appeared to Simon.
Luke 24:35 And they told what things were done in the way, and how he was known of them in breaking of bread.
Luke 24:36 And as they thus spake, Jesus himself stood in the midst of them, and saith unto them, Peace be unto you.
Luke 24:37 But they were terrified and affrighted, and supposed that they had seen a spirit.
Luke 24:38 And he said unto them, Why are ye troubled? and why do thoughts arise in your hearts?
Luke 24:39 Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.

Believers today who are in Christ after trusting the Lord believing the word of truth (1 Corinthians 15:1-4) are a "new creature" NOT "born again"

2 Corinthians 5:17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.