HOW TO GET TO HEAVEN WHEN YOU DIE

Status
Not open for further replies.

glorydaz

so what is point of this?

The point is the FACT that the Lord Jesus Christ taught the law of commandments when He walked among us, and the Risen Lord gave the message of salvation by grace through faith to the Apostle Paul. That's why those who are trying to earn their salvation rarely stray over to the letters of Paul.

The CROSS really did great things. :chew:

popsthebuilder

Show us where you find that? Where did He teach it? You must have a verse or two....

Mark 7: 6. He answered and said unto them, Well hath Esaias prophesied of you hypocrites, as it is written, This people honoureth me with their lips, but their heart is far from me. 8. For laying aside the commandment of God, ye hold the tradition of men, as the washing of pots and cups: and many other such like things ye do. 9. And he said unto them, Full well ye reject the commandment of God, that ye may keep your own tradition. 15. There is nothing from without a man, that entering into him can defile him: but the things which come out of him, those are they that defile the man. 18. And he saith unto them, Are ye so without understanding also? Do ye not perceive, that whatsoever thing from without entereth into the man, it cannot defile him; 19. Because it entereth not into his heart, but into the belly, and goeth out into the draught, purging all meats?

Jeremiah 17: 1. The sin of Judah is written with a pen of iron, and with the point of a diamond: it is graven upon the table of their heart, and upon the horns of your altars; 5. Thus saith the LORD; Cursed be the man that trusteth in man, and maketh flesh his arm, and whose heart departeth from the LORD. 8. For he shall be as a tree planted by the waters, and that spreadeth out her roots by the river, and shall not see when heat cometh, but her leaf shall be green; and shall not be careful in the year of drought, neither shall cease from yielding fruit. 10. I the LORD search the heart, I try the reins, even to give every man according to his ways, and according to the fruit of his doings. 13. O LORD, the hope of Israel, all that forsake thee shall be ashamed, and they that depart from me shall be written in the earth, because they have forsaken the LORD, the fountain of living waters. 16. As for me, I have not hastened from being a pastor to follow thee: neither have I desired the woeful day; thou knowest: that which came out of my lips was right before thee. 20. And say unto them, Hear ye the word of the LORD, ye kings of Judah, and all Judah, and all the inhabitants of Jerusalem, that enter in by these gates:

Hebrews 10: 16. This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them;

John 5: 38. And ye have not his word abiding in you: for whom he hath sent, him ye believe not.

John 5: 38. And ye have not his word abiding in you: for whom he hath sent, him ye believe not.

Luke 10: 37. And he said, He that shewed mercy on him. Then said Jesus unto him, Go, and do thou likewise.

(Mercy is from the heart....the heart affected by the Spirit.)

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

popsthebuilder

The point is the FACT that the Lord Jesus Christ taught the law of commandments when He walked among us, and the Risen Lord gave the message of salvation by grace through faith to the Apostle Paul. That's why those who are trying to earn their salvation rarely stray over to the letters of Paul.

Law of commands!?

Show Jesus "law of commands and not love GOD and do what ia good out of love for GOD and compassion for your neighbor.

popsthebuilder

The CROSS really did great things. :chew

Yikes; look into worshiping wood.

Jesus Christ did great things.....the dead peice of wood did nothing.

popsthebuilder

Thata crazy though.

Christ taught that salvation is through belief and faithfulness through actual belief. St. Paul comfirms these same principles.

glorydaz

But it is irrelevant is it not? Jesus taught us how to be pleasing to GOD, through abiding by the Law of the Spirit.

Show us where you find that? Where did He teach it? You must have a verse or two....

Mark 7: 6. He answered and said unto them, Well hath Esaias prophesied of you hypocrites, as it is written, This people honoureth me with their lips, but their heart is far from me. 8. For laying aside the commandment of God, ye hold the tradition of men, as the washing of pots and cups: and many other such like things ye do. 9. And he said unto them, Full well ye reject the commandment of God, that ye may keep your own tradition. 15. There is nothing from without a man, that entering into him can defile him: but the things which come out of him, those are they that defile the man. 18. And he saith unto them, Are ye so without understanding also? Do ye not perceive, that whatsoever thing from without entereth into the man, it cannot defile him; 19. Because it entereth not into his heart, but into the belly, and goeth out into the draught, purging all meats?

Jeremiah 17: 1. The sin of Judah is written with a pen of iron, and with the point of a diamond: it is graven upon the table of their heart, and upon the horns of your altars; 5. Thus saith the LORD; Cursed be the man that trusteth in man, and maketh flesh his arm, and whose heart departeth from the LORD. 8. For he shall be as a tree planted by the waters, and that spreadeth out her roots by the river, and shall not see when heat cometh, but her leaf shall be green; and shall not be careful in the year of drought, neither shall cease from yielding fruit. 10. I the LORD search the heart, I try the reins, even to give every man according to his ways, and according to the fruit of his doings. 13. O LORD, the hope of Israel, all that forsake thee shall be ashamed, and they that depart from me shall be written in the earth, because they have forsaken the LORD, the fountain of living waters. 16. As for me, I have not hastened from being a pastor to follow thee: neither have I desired the woeful day; thou knowest: that which came out of my lips was right before thee. 20. And say unto them, Hear ye the word of the LORD, ye kings of Judah, and all Judah, and all the inhabitants of Jerusalem, that enter in by these gates:

Hebrews 10: 16. This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them;

Luke 10: 37. And he said, He that shewed mercy on him. Then said Jesus unto him, Go, and do thou likewise.

(Mercy is from the heart....the heart affected by the Spirit.)

Pops thinks texts of scripture will get him off the hook. The question remains unanswered.

Where did Jesus teach pleasing God by abiding by the Law of the Spirit.

Your personal little add on there doesn't count....even if it did make a lick of sense. :popcorn:

glorydaz

Law of commands!?

Show Jesus "law of commands and not love GOD and do what ia good out of love for GOD and compassion for your neighbor.

Matt. 5:17-19 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil. 18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled. 19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

marhig

NOTHING!!!

That's the point! We don't have to do ANYTHING! but live our lives. No good works, no following any law, just live like we love God.
If you love God, then you'll be a doer of the word and doers of the word do the works of God and they live to please him not themselves and they live by his will.

When Paul talks about works, what does he mean? What works does he believes in that should do?

You know like this in Titus 1

They profess that they know God; but in works they deny him,

glorydaz

No anger here friend; and a willingness to learn.

:rotfl:

But I will not accept nonsense as logic or deciet and falsehood as truth.

Liar, you read and support the Quran.

Thankfully we have ways to test these things.

WE do, but you don't, Pops. The mumbo jumbo blather you hope to pass of as Biblical truth is easily countered by the scripture itself. But you prefer to give us your own rendering in place of the word of God.

Your PRIDE is keeping you from hearing....as it does with every "religious" but unregenerate man.

glorydaz

If you love God, then you'll be a doer of the word and doers of the word do the works of God and they live to please him not themselves and they live by his will.

When Paul talks about works, what does he mean? What works does he believes in that should do?

You know like this in Titus 1

They profess that they know God; but in works they deny him,

He came and dwelt among us and you call him merely a man.
He said He existed before Abraham, but you call Him a liar.

Your work is denying Jesus is Lord God and Saviour.

popsthebuilder

Pops thinks texts of scripture will get him off the hook. The question remains unanswered.

Where did Jesus teach pleasing God by abiding by the Law of the Spirit.

Your personal little add on there doesn't count....even if it did make a lick of sense. :popcorn:
Jeremiah 31: 32. Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD: 33. But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people. 34. And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD; for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more. 35. Thus saith the LORD, which giveth the sun for a light by day, and the ordinances of the moon and of the stars for a light by night, which divideth the sea when the waves thereof roar; The LORD of hosts is his name: 36. If those ordinances depart from before me, saith the LORD, then the seed of Israel also shall cease from being a nation before me for ever. 37. Thus saith the LORD; If heaven above can be measured, and the foundations of the earth searched out beneath, I will also cast off all the seed of Israel for all that they have done, saith the LORD. 38. Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that the city shall be built to the LORD from the tower of Hananeel unto the gate of the corner. 39. And the measuring line shall yet go forth over against it upon the hill Gareb, and shall compass about to Goath. 40. And the whole valley of the dead bodies, and of the ashes, and all the fields unto the brook of Kidron, unto the corner of the horse gate toward the east, shall be holy unto the LORD; it shall not be plucked up, nor thrown down any more for ever.

(Does that work for you; or do you think Jesus didn't know of the writtings ascribed to Jeremiah?)

popsthebuilder

The lost sheep of ISRAEL. Those Jews who crucified our Saviour.

You need to stop making things up. If you keep doing that, you'll never be weaned from the bottle. :baby:
You should stop making divisions that have been done away with by GOD.

popsthebuilder

Matt. 5:17-19 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil. 18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled. 19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.
Yeah sorry, I didn't see law of commands anywhere in there.
I sorta get what you where saying though; sorta

marhig

You profess you know God, but when He came and dwelt among us, you deny He is God. :nono:

Save your lectures until you know Him.

You profess you know God, but when He came and dwelt among us, you deny He is God. :nono:

Save your lectures until you know Him.

Nowhere in the Bible does it say that I have to believe that Jesus is God, but rather that he is the son of God and i do!

Those who know God live by his will, something you never mention, instead you constantly bring up that you don't have to do any works and insult those who believe differently to you.

So I'll ask you this, what works is Paul talking about, in the following verses?

Titus 3:1

Put them in mind to be subject to principalities and powers, to obey magistrates, to be ready to every good work,

Titus 3:8

This is a faithful saying, and these things I will that thou affirm constantly, that they which have believed in God might be careful to maintain good works. These things are good and profitable unto men.

Titus 3:14

And let ours also learn to maintain good works for necessary uses, that they be not unfruitful.

popsthebuilder

:rotfl:

Liar, you read and support the Quran.

WE do, but you don't, Pops. The mumbo jumbo blather you hope to pass of as Biblical truth is easily countered by the scripture itself. But you prefer to give us your own rendering in place of the word of God.

Your PRIDE is keeping you from hearing....as it does with every "religious" but unregenerate man.
Keep your unsupported opinion to yourself. Or support it with scripture.

glorydaz

Jeremiah 31: 32. Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD: 33. But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people. 34. And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD; for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more. 35. Thus saith the LORD, which giveth the sun for a light by day, and the ordinances of the moon and of the stars for a light by night, which divideth the sea when the waves thereof roar; The LORD of hosts is his name: 36. If those ordinances depart from before me, saith the LORD, then the seed of Israel also shall cease from being a nation before me for ever. 37. Thus saith the LORD; If heaven above can be measured, and the foundations of the earth searched out beneath, I will also cast off all the seed of Israel for all that they have done, saith the LORD. 38. Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that the city shall be built to the LORD from the tower of Hananeel unto the gate of the corner. 39. And the measuring line shall yet go forth over against it upon the hill Gareb, and shall compass about to Goath. 40. And the whole valley of the dead bodies, and of the ashes, and all the fields unto the brook of Kidron, unto the corner of the horse gate toward the east, shall be holy unto the LORD; it shall not be plucked up, nor thrown down any more for ever.

(Does that work for you; or do you think Jesus didn't know of the writtings ascribed to Jeremiah?)

No, it doesn't work for me. It has NOTHING to do with your claim.

Jeremiah is talking about Israel in the end days.

Status
Not open for further replies.