How the Gospel Refutes Calvinism, Predestination

Robert Pate

Banned
In the Gospel the whole world has ALREADY been reconciled to God by Jesus Christ.

"To wit, that God was in Christ, RECONCILING THE WORLD UNTO HIMSELF, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and has committed unto us the word of reconciliation" 2 Corinthians 5:19.

This is the Gospel. Jesus in our name and on our behalf, has reconciled us and the world unto God. When Jesus said "It is finished" what he meant was that he had done all that he could do for the salvation of fallen man.

"And having made peace through the blood of his cross, by him TO RECONCILE ALL THINGS UNTO HIMSELF; by him, I say, whether there be things in the earth, or things in heaven" Colossians 1:20.

"And you that were sometimes alienated in your mind by wicked works, YET NOW HAS HE RECONCILED" Colossians 1:21.

Before we were born, Jesus had ALREADY reconciled us to God. This is why salvation is a free gift from God that cannot be earned or deserved, Ephesians 2:8. No one needs to be predestinated, salvation has ALREADY been provided for everyone, Hebrews 2:9. This salvation is ours by simple child like faith in Jesus and his Gospel. It is by faith, that it might be by Christ.

nikolai_42

In the Gospel the whole world has ALREADY been reconciled to God by Jesus Christ.

"To wit, that God was in Christ, RECONCILING THE WORLD UNTO HIMSELF, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and has committed unto us the word of reconciliation" 2 Corinthians 5:19.

This is the Gospel. Jesus in our name and on our behalf, has reconciled us and the world unto God. When Jesus said "It is finished" what he meant was that he had done all that he could do for the salvation of fallen man.

"And having made peace through the blood of his cross, by him TO RECONCILE ALL THINGS UNTO HIMSELF; by him, I say, whether there be things in the earth, or things in heaven" Colossians 1:20.

"And you that were sometimes alienated in your mind by wicked works, YET NOW HAS HE RECONCILED" Colossians 1:21.

Before we were born, Jesus had ALREADY reconciled us to God. This is why salvation is a free gift from God that cannot be earned or deserved, Ephesians 2:8. No one needs to be predestinated, salvation has ALREADY been provided for everyone, Hebrews 2:9. This salvation is ours by simple child like faith in Jesus and his Gospel. It is by faith, that it might be by Christ.

Robert,

If all creation is already reconciled to God, why would Paul (in the very next verse after your first reference) say this :

Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God.
I Corinthians 5:20

You say He has reconciled the whole world to Himself. Why, then, is Paul's message to the Corinthians "Be reconciled to God"?

Right Divider

Body part
Robert,

If all creation is already reconciled to God, why would Paul (in the very next verse after your first reference) say this :

Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God.

You say He has reconciled the whole world to Himself. Why, then, is Paul's message to the Corinthians "Be reconciled to God"?
Reconciliation is bi-directional. God has done His part, man must do his part.

Right Divider

Body part
Not the way I read Robert's post. He reads it as accomplished and while I don't think he does, I can't recall if he holds a form of universalism.
I have read many of Robert's posts. He has never once claimed that everyone is saved because of God's reconciliation.
Perhaps you can actually quote from one of his posts where you think that he says such a thing.

Last edited:

Robert Pate

Banned
Robert,

God sees ALL THINGS in his Son Jesus Christ. Jesus has victoriously defeated sin, death and the devil. Because of this he now sits in heaven as "The King of Kings and the Lord or Lords" Revelation 19:16. We are reconciled to God when we receive Jesus as our savior.