How the Gospel and Justification by Faith Refutes Calvinism

Robert Pate

Banned
It is poor theology to nit pick the Bible. One should either accept all of the Bible or accept none of it. Paul was not a Calvinist in Ephesians and then justified by faith in Romans. Predestination and justification by faith are conflicting doctrines. We are justified by faith because we are justified by Christ, Romans 3:26.

I reject none of the Bible and believe, "That all scripture is given by the inspiration of God and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness" 2 Timothy 3:16. Because the "Historical Gospel" of Jesus Christ and the "Christ Event" are the heart and the center of the Bible, all scripture should be interpreted in the light of these two marvelous events.

The Bible clearly presents Jesus as the savior of the whole world, 1 John 2:2 and 1 John 4:14, plus many, many, other scriptures. He is the savior of the world because he is the one that has reconciled the world unto God, "God was "IN CHRIST" reconciling the world unto himself" 2 Corinthians 5:19. This is probably one of the most powerful scriptures in the New Testament and may be one of the hardest one for many to believe.

If Jesus has reconciled the world unto God then it should be obvious that Jesus is the savior of the whole world. Because Jesus is the savior of the whole world God now sees ALL THINGS in his Son Jesus Christ, Colossians 1:20. "He is before ALL THINGS and by him ALL THINGS consist" Colossians 1:17. Nothing comes ahead of Jesus Christ. God did not predestinate "some certain persons" to be saved by running them around his Son Jesus Christ. If one is to be saved they must be saved by Christ and not by a declaration from God.

If Jesus is the savior of the whole world then this means that salvation has been provided for the whole world. The word "WHOSOEVER" appears in the Bible 163 times. The word "whosoever" means all, anyone, everyone. If you try to make this word mean some particular group then it no longer means "whosoever". The word "whosoever" means that salvation has been provided for ALL MEN or EVERYONE. "That he (Jesus) by the grace of God should taste death for EVERYONE
" Hebrews 2:9.
Now, after reading this scripture it is not good theology to say that Jesus only tasted death for "some certain persons". If you do that, you have just blown the whole Gospel.

Jesus by his own words claims to be the savior of the whole world, "I came not to judge the world, but to SAVE THE WORLD" John 12:47. God sees all things in Jesus Christ. Jesus is God's new humanity and his new creation, "If any man be "In Christ" he is a new creation" 2 Corinthians 5:17. We are "In Christ" and Christ is in heaven, Colossians 3:3. God no longer sees this lost sinful world. All that he can see is his Son Jesus Christ. However, there will be a judgment of individuals to see who is a believer and who isn't.

beloved57

You teach that Millions upon Millions for whom Christ died and made Righteous, Made Complete, shall yet die in their sins in unbelief Jn 8:24 ! What kind of Gospel is that ?

Robert Pate

Banned
You teach that Millions upon Millions for whom Christ died and made Righteous, Made Complete, shall yet die in their sins in unbelief Jn 8:24 ! What kind of Gospel is that ?

'WHOSOEVER that comes to me and hears my sayings, I will show you who he is like" Luke 6:47.

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son that WHOSOEVER believes in him should not perish" John 3:16.

"And WHOSOEVER that lives and believes in me shall never die, believe this" John 11:26.

"I am come a light unto the world, that WHOSOEVER believes on me should not abide in darkness" John 12:46.

"And WHOSOEVER that believes on him shall not be ashamed" Romans 9:33.

"WHOSOEVER that shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved" Romans 10:13.

beloved57

'WHOSOEVER that comes to me and hears my sayings, I will show you who he is like" Luke 6:47.

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son that WHOSOEVER believes in him should not perish" John 3:16.

"And WHOSOEVER that lives and believes in me shall never die, believe this" John 11:26.

"I am come a light unto the world, that WHOSOEVER believes on me should not abide in darkness" John 12:46.

"WHOSOEVER that shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved" Romans 10:13.

The Christ I serve has already believed for them He lived and died for, He kept the whole Law of God for them in Faith to God, so they receive as their reward Eternal Life !

Robert Pate

Banned
The Christ I serve has already believed for them He lived and died for, He kept the whole Law of God for them in Faith to God, so they receive as their reward Eternal Life !

The Bible teaches NO SUCH THING. Christ believes for no one.

If you are going to be saved you and you alone, will have to call on Christ to save you, Romans 10:13.

"WHOSOEVER that believes in him shall not perish" John 3:16.

beloved57

The Bible teaches NO SUCH THING. Christ believes for no one.

If you are going to be saved you and you alone, will have to call on Christ to save you, Romans 10:13.

"WHOSOEVER that believes in him shall not perish" John 3:16.

Did Jesus believe in God while He Lived here on Earth while keeping the Law ? Hebrews said Heb 2:13

13 And again, I will put my trust in him. And again, Behold I and the children which God hath given me.

Nanja

The Whosoever that does come to Him are only the ones He draws.

The Whosoever that calls upon Him are only those the Spirit quickens.

The Whosoever that believes in Him, are only those who have been quickened,
made Spiriutally Alive by the Holy Spirit in the New Birth
, as belief /faith
are the evidence, Fruit of the Spirit Gal. 5:22.

John 6:44 No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him:
and I will raise him up at the last day.

Psalm 80:18 So will not we go back from thee: quicken us, and we will call upon thy name.

Eternal Life / Salvation is not predicated on any action / work of man Eph. 2:8-9,
but is given to Christ's Sheep John 10:28!

~~~~~

beloved57

The Whosoever that does come to Him are only the ones He draws.

The Whosoever that calls upon Him are only those the Spirit quickens.

The Whosoever that believes in Him, are only those who have been quickened,
made Spiriutally Alive by the Holy Spirit in the New Birth
, as belief /faith
are the evidence, Fruit of the Spirit Gal. 5:22.

John 6:44 No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him:
and I will raise him up at the last day.

Psalm 80:18 So will not we go back from thee: quicken us, and we will call upon thy name.

Eternal Life / Salvation is not predicated on any action / work of man Eph. 2:8-9,
but is given to Christ's Sheep John 10:28!

~~~~~

The Whosoever are those Christ has already saved ! He did everything required for them to be saved, that was #1 He Lived in total and perfect Obedience to Gods Commandments for men, and #2 He died for all their sins they had transgressed against law, So they are given Life, quickened, then they Call Upon His Name Ps 80:18

18 So will not we go back from thee: quicken us, and we will call upon thy name.

So those in Rom 10:13 are the quickened !

Nanja

The Whosoever are those Christ has already saved ! He did everything required for them to be saved, that was #1 He Lived in total and perfect Obedience to Gods Commandments for men, and #2 He died for all their sins they had transgressed against law, So they are given Life, quickened, then they Call Upon His Name Ps 80:18

18 So will not we go back from thee: quicken us, and we will call upon thy name.

So those in Rom 10:13 are the quickened !

Absolutely!

Those still in the flesh /carnal cannot please God by anything they do Rom. 8:8!

Rom. 8:9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you.
Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

~~~~~

beloved57

Absolutely!

Those still in the flesh /carnal cannot please God by anything they do Rom. 8:8!

Rom. 8:9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you.
Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

~~~~~

Amen!

John 3

14 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up:
15 That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.
16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

John 6

28 Then said they unto him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God?
29 Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.

John 12:32 And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me.

1 John 2

1 My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:
2 And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

Revelation 22:17 And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.

Robert Pate

Banned
John 3

14 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up:
15 That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.
16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

John 6

28 Then said they unto him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God?
29 Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.

John 12:32 And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me.

1 John 2

1 My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:
2 And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

Revelation 22:17 And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.

Excellent post. The opposition doesn't want to respond to it.

Nanja

WonderfulLordJesus magnifies Christ and His Gospel.

No, it's a false gospel: Performing works of the flesh to attain Salvation, same as yours:
a gospel which magnifies flesh of man!

1 Cor. 2:14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God:
for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

The all men that Christ draws to Himself John 12:32 are from all nations of the world, jew and Gentile;
only a remnant of mankind Rom. 11:5 chosen in Christ to the Adoption of Children Eph. 1:4-5,
in the Purpose and Grace of God before the world began 2 Tim. 1:9.

But all the rest God reprobated: Vessels of His Wrath Rom. 9:22, ordained to be condemned Jude 1:4;
children of the wicked one, the tares, those whom the devil sowed into the world Mat. 13:38-39.

~~~~~

Robert Pate

Banned
No, it's a false gospel: Performing works of the flesh to attain Salvation, same as yours:
a gospel which magnifies flesh of man!

1 Cor. 2:14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God:
for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

The all men that Christ draws to Himself John 12:32 are from all nations of the world, jew and Gentile;
only a remnant of mankind Rom. 11:5 chosen in Christ to the Adoption of Children Eph. 1:4-5,
in the Purpose and Grace of God before the world began 2 Tim. 1:9.

But all the rest God reprobated: Vessels of His Wrath Rom. 9:22, ordained to be condemned Jude 1:4;
children of the wicked one, the tares, those whom the devil sowed into the world Mat. 13:38-39.

~~~~~

You add to Gods word.

You take away from Gods word.

You twist and pervert Gods word.

beloved57

WonderfulLordJesus magnifies Christ and His Gospel. You magnify John Calvin the heretic.

TULIP is the Gospel of God's Grace in Christ ! Besides that, how do you magnify Christ, when you teach millions upon millions for whom He Lived and died, and made complete, die in their sins in unbelief to a Christless eternity ? What happen ?