ECT How is this even possible given Romans 3:10??

popsthebuilder

Thanks for that. However, couldn't you say faith kept you hoping . .which is my point?
Respectfully, I cannot, because even my hope at that time was very scant and hit or miss. I suppose you could say a had an inkling of faith in that I did have some hope at some times, but to me Faith is assurance of a thing not seen as hope or belief are needed for it but true Faith needs no hope because it is already known.

Again this is opinion based on personal experience and not contingent to the salvation of anyone else.

Peace

glorydaz

I know all that and have been saying so for years on this forum. Where have you been except to argue against me on the occasions when Rom.3:10 was used in the topic in some way or other? You offered nothing then and do so now perhaps because you have found some "fresh" correction in the matter re man's salvation?

I have no idea what you have been arguing for years, CR. Usually I don't read your posts, and when I do they are so poorly written they can hardly be deciphered. So pardon me if I happened to notice you needed help figuring out what Romans 3:10 is saying and why Paul says it...... you seemed unable to figure it out as per your OP.

Cross Reference

Respectfully, I cannot, because even my hope at that time was very scant and hit or miss. I suppose you could say a had an inkling of faith in that I did have some hope at some times, but to me Faith is assurance of a thing not seen as hope or belief are needed for it but true Faith needs no hope because it is already known.

Again this is opinion based on personal experience and not contingent to the salvation of anyone else.

Peace

I am not coming against you for anything you have claimed. I would argue though that though your faith was weak in what you hoped for it nevertheless was, faith, God honored.

popsthebuilder

I am not coming against you for anything you have claimed. I would argue though that though your faith was weak in what you hoped for it nevertheless was, faith, God honored.
I can get on board with that and see no need to further split hairs.😊

Hope could be seen as some minor level of Faith, or the beginning of faith perhaps. It was for me, two wholly different things though both by the grace of GOD.

Peace
😊

Cross Reference

I have no idea what you have been arguing for years, CR. Usually I don't read your posts, and when I do they are so poorly written they can hardly be deciphered. So pardon me if I happened to notice you needed help figuring out what Romans 3:10 is saying and why Paul says it...... you seemed unable to figure it out as per your OP.

Then why have so much internet mouth about what you claim about Jesus Christ?

Cross Reference

I can get on board with that and see no need to further split hairs.😊

Hope could be seen as some minor level of Faith, or the beginning of faith perhaps. It was for me, two wholly different things though both by the grace of GOD.

Peace
😊

Hope was the object of your faith. Upon your salvation, it was replaced with a fresh hope in Christ, one that will end when you [and I] are conformed to His image.

Danoh

In Scripture "hope" is not an uncertainty.

Not to mention that Scripture asserts that God has "made known unto us the mystery of his will" Eph. 1:9.

Hope as an uncertainty is the way of pagan superstition. Of Fatalism, and so on.

Rom 8:24 For we are saved by hope: but hope that is seen is not hope: for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for?

popsthebuilder

In Scripture "hope" is not an uncertainty.

Not to mention that Scripture asserts that God has "made known unto us the mystery of his will" Eph. 1:9.

Hope as an uncertainty is the way of pagan superstition. Of Fatalism, and so on.

Rom 8:24 For we are saved by hope: but hope that is seen is not hope: for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for?
Ok, excuse me then please, perhaps in scripture hope is synonymous with Faith in some cases.

Luke 6 (KJV) - ሉቃስ
34: And if ye lend to them of whom ye hope to receive, what thank have ye? for sinners also lend to sinners, to receive as much again.
35: But love ye your enemies, and do good, and lend, hoping for nothing again; and your reward shall be great, and ye shall be the children of the Highest: for he is kind unto the unthankful and to the evil.

But in some it isn't. I was just making a distinction between the two because utter Faith is to me, without waver tightly woven into righteous action as a result, by way of Christ under GOD.

If one believes wholly then that is equivalent to faith. Hope in the context of one initially coming to know of God out of utter disbelief isn't the same as the Faith that one in surety receives and is to exude well after initial salvation. It's like a maturing of faith I guess.

Thanks, peace.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Showing some men have always sought God. Which is why it's so important to understand what Paul is talking about in Romans 3:10, and not assume, as the Calvinists do, that Paul is talking about man's inability to seek God. His quoting of the Psalm is strictly pertaining to the ungodly...the workers of iniquity.

Romans 3:10-12
As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one: There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God. They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one.​

Love your posts. Abraham (a gentile) was a righteous man. I'll use
him as an example.

Danoh

Ok, excuse me then please, perhaps in scripture hope is synonymous with Faith in some cases.

Luke 6 (KJV) - ሉቃስ
34: And if ye lend to them of whom ye hope to receive, what thank have ye? for sinners also lend to sinners, to receive as much again.
35: But love ye your enemies, and do good, and lend, hoping for nothing again; and your reward shall be great, and ye shall be the children of the Highest: for he is kind unto the unthankful and to the evil.

But in some it isn't. I was just making a distinction between the two because utter Faith is to me, without waver tightly woven into righteous action as a result, by way of Christ under GOD.

If one believes wholly then that is equivalent to faith. Hope in the context of one initially coming to know of God out of utter disbelief isn't the same as the Faith that one in surety receives and is to exude well after initial salvation. It's like a maturing of faith I guess.

Thanks, peace.

Was merely pointing that out. Even in the passage you just now quoted, the sense is that of expectation; He is addressing those who give expecting something in return.

Cross Reference

I learn every day....but not from you. :chuckle:

Not much since escaping from hell and accusing others for believing for more, is your only message.

I am however, heartened by the changing of your mind that righteousness is not a gift for redemption; that God doesn't gift faith for believing for it.