ECT How is Paul's message different?

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Made up. You, vs. the book-verse 19"-memorize "For"....:

Hebrews 9 KJV

18 Whereupon neither the first testament was dedicated without blood.

19 For when Moses had spoken every precept to all the people according to the law, he took the blood of calves and of goats, with water, and scarlet wool, and hyssop, and sprinkled both the book, and all the people,

20 Saying, This is the blood of the testament which God hath enjoined unto you.

Contrasts, I reckon, pardner.

The "Mosaic" covenant was a blood covenant, requiring blood to be sprinkled on the tabernacle, “ sprinkled both the book, and all the people"(Hebrews 9:19-21 KJV). " And almost all things are by the law purged with blood; and without shedding of blood is no remission."(Hebrews 9:22 KJV). In the Mosaic Covenant, the blood of animals served as a covering, "atonement," for the sins of the people. The animal’s life was given in place of the sinner’s life-"substitution...identification"

Per...
Hebrews 9 KJV
23 It was therefore necessary that the patterns of things in the heavens should be purified with these; but the heavenly things themselves with better sacrifices than these.

....these things were only “copies,” or “shadows,” of the better covenant to come, with the lives of animals never removing sin, it not being a sufficient substitute for a human life, per

Hebrews 10 KJV
4 For it is not possible that the blood of bulls and of goats should take away sins.

The blood of bulls and goats was thus a temporary remission of sins, a "stay of execution," a "passing over" of sins, until the final, ultimate blood covenant was made by the Lord Jesus Christ, as both God and man, the "ultimate mediator," representing both sides, per Hebrews 9:24-28 KJV, the NC ratified in His blood, per Luke 22:20 KJV. The NC will be enacted, with the believing remnant of the nation Israel, at "the second time."

Oh. Thanks for the emotional mutterings. Quite "Days of Our Lives" of you.

The Old Covenant was ratified, by blood, in Exodus 24.

Now, have a seat, and learn, while we teach, Little Joe.

:)

heir

TOL Subscriber
1 Corinthians 2:6 KJV

6 Howbeit we speak wisdom among them that are perfect: yet not the wisdom of this world, nor of the princes of this world, that come to nought :

1 Corinthians 2:7 But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory:

1 Corinthians 2:8 Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.

Yep! It's Paul's gospel (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV)!

Romans 16:25 Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began,

Romans 16:26 But now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith:

Romans 16:27 To God only wise, be glory through Jesus Christ for ever. Amen.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
1 Corinthians 2:7 But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory:

1 Corinthians 2:8 Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.

Yep! It's Paul's gospel (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV)!

Romans 16:25 Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began,

Romans 16:26 But now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith:

Romans 16:27 To God only wise, be glory through Jesus Christ for ever. Amen.

No.

Paul preached alotta mystery, none of which nullifies Christ and the cross and his resurrection.

Neither will it lead you astray if you remember the dbr.

The DBR is not the end all of salvation, knowing and doing the will of God, it is the beginning.

heir

TOL Subscriber
The subject was Paul's gospel. Leave it to you to change it.
Only strange to those who have not been salted and baptized with fire.:)
This is me Colossians 4:6 KJV, but apparently, this is what you want for yourself. Matthew 3:11 I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance: but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and with fire:

Matthew 3:12 Whose fan is in his hand, and he will throughly purge his floor, and gather his wheat into the garner; but he will burn up the chaff with unquenchable fire.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
The subject was Paul's gospel. Leave it to you to change it. This is me Colossians 4:6 KJV, but apparently, this is what you want for yourself. Matthew 3:11 I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance: but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and with fire:

Matthew 3:12 Whose fan is in his hand, and he will throughly purge his floor, and gather his wheat into the garner; but he will burn up the chaff with unquenchable fire.

You can't have what you claim without having gone through the fire.

Yer foolin' yerself yuh don't believe it.

https://search.yahoo.com/yhs/search?p=Styx+foolin+yourself&ei=UTF-8&hspart=mozilla&hsimp=yhs-002

heir

TOL Subscriber
You can't have what you claim without having gone through the fire.
I trusted the Lord after hearing and believing 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV, the gospel of my salvation and am saved, sealed (Ephesians 1:13-14 KJV) and identified by one Spirit into one Body (1 Corinthians 12:13 KJV). No fire of Matthew 3:11-12 KJV as this is true for the saved Romans 5:9 KJV, 1 Thessalonians 5:9 KJV. The only "fire" members of the Body of Christ will experience is this:

1 Corinthians 3:10 According to the grace of God which is given unto me, as a wise masterbuilder, I have laid the foundation, and another buildeth thereon. But let every man take heed how he buildeth thereupon.

1 Corinthians 3:11 For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.

1 Corinthians 3:12 Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble;

1 Corinthians 3:13 Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.

1 Corinthians 3:14 If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.

1 Corinthians 3:15 If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
I trusted the Lord after hearing and believing 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV, the gospel of my salvation and am saved, sealed (Ephesians 1:13-14 KJV) and identified by one Spirit into one Body (1 Corinthians 12:13 KJV). No fire of Matthew 3:11-12 KJV as this is true for the saved Romans 5:9 KJV, 1 Thessalonians 5:9 KJV. The only "fire" members of the Body of Christ will experience is this:

1 Corinthians 3:10 According to the grace of God which is given unto me, as a wise masterbuilder, I have laid the foundation, and another buildeth thereon. But let every man take heed how he buildeth thereupon.

1 Corinthians 3:11 For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.

1 Corinthians 3:12 Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble;

1 Corinthians 3:13 Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.

1 Corinthians 3:14 If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.

1 Corinthians 3:15 If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.

Shall be. :)

turbosixx

If you are denying ungodliness because you've been instructed to then Christ will profit you nothing.
My answer to your comment on accreditation of righteousness should address this. Your comment doesn’t change the fact that Christians are given instructions.

Your desire to turn love into law is the desire of the flesh. It will not profit you anything. If you're following the rules you're doing yourself more harm than good.
The choice you have is essentially the same as Adam; you can choose the law (the knowledge of good and evil) or you can choose to love God.
My desire is to understand the truth because Satan is out to pervert it.
I agree, we are in the same boat as Adam but I disagree with your assessment of his situation. Adams choice wasn’t law or love God, but love God or love himself. He was already under law, “do not eat of the tree”. How did Adam show his love for God? In my understanding, every time he desired to eat of the forbidden fruit but did not because he was instructed not to, he loved God more than himself. What does the bible tell us about loving God/Jesus?

Do we as Christians need to understand good and evil?
Heb. 5:13 For everyone who partakes only of milk is unskilled in the word of righteousness, for he is a babe. 14 But solid food belongs to those who are of full age, that is, those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.

The only righteousness that will be accredited to your account is that which Christ does through you. It is not you, but Christ.
I don’t know if this is your intention, but you make it sound like I don’t have a choice. I agree that righteousness is only accredited in Christ but it’s me making the decision based on my knowledge of what pleases God and my love for God. I agree, if I don’t do it unwillingly and grudgingly it will be of no credit to me.

You have been crucified (lawfully executed) in Christ. The Law has NOTHING more to say to you! Stop attempting to resurrect the Law and simply recon yourself to be that which God says you are! You are already righteous and cannot be otherwise - believe it!
I have no intentions of resurrecting the law. Through the law no one could be justified. Because we are no longer under the Mosaical law doesn’t mean we are not under law. Correct me if I’m wrong but, isn’t that what Paul is saying here? Paul recognizes he is not under that law of Moses but then says he is not without law.
1 Cor. 9:20 To the Jews I became as a Jew, so that I might win Jews; to those who are under the Law, as under the Law though not being myself under the Law, so that I might win those who are under the Law; 21 to those who are without law, as without law, though not being without the law of God but under the law of Christ, so that I might win those who are without law.

The tribes being named are only MORE evidence that the book of Revelation has to do with Israel. My point had to do with the fact that there aren't thirteen Apostles mentioned. Paul's name WILL NOT be one of the names printed on the foundation (or gates, I forget which) of the New Jerusalem. If your doctrine is correct, there should be thirteen not twelve.
You missed my point. God substituted two of Jacobs sons in the twelve tribes using Josephs two sons instead. Why couldn’t God do the same and substitute one of the 12 for Paul?

In what way is this verse, 1 Pt. 4:16, relevant to the point you're making?
I see Peter instructing Christians and instructing them things concerning Christ. I do not see Peter or any other of the 12 teaching to old law. What does being a Christian have to do with the old law if he nailed it to the cross?

If Peter is teaching these Christians a work based law and Paul is not, are there different types of Christians? Is the dividing wall still up?

I recommend you go back and reread our conversation! You're acting as if we haven't already been discussing this for over a month. What you see or don't see doesn't change what's there. Your paradigm is blinding you to the truth. I know because I have been exactly where you are now - exactly. The evidence is EVERYWHERE. You want chapter and verse, I give you entire books and then you ask for chapter and verse again. The power of paradigm is nearly insurmountable. The more you think you know about the Bible; the more you've invested in your paradigm, the harder your paradigm is to overcome.

I’m sorry if I seem to be stuck but I’m having a hard time accepting what you’re telling me. You keep telling me of the up side but you never talk about the down side. Is there no down side? Can a person be a believer and live like the world? If not, why not if our works, good or bad, do not count and only our faith? When I see examples of people being judged in the bible, people in the same situations are separated by their deeds not their confession or belief.

Last edited:

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
The point is, that regardless of a work abiding or burning, the believer in the Body is still saved! It's about reward or suffering loss of reward. Salvation is by grace through faith/ the gift of God where we are concerned (Ephesians 2:8-9 KJV). You don't believe that either.

You don't know what I believe.

There is no loss of reward.

There is only the loss of yer expectation of a reward.

After the fire, one knows what the reward is.

lifeisgood

:nono: That which was "mystery"/that "was kept secret since the world began, but now is made manifest,..." (Romans 16:25-26 KJV) is not the same as that which was "spoken by the mouth of all His holy prophets since the world began" (Acts 3:21 KJV).

That which was not after man, neither taught it, neither received from man, but by direct revelation of the risen, ascended Lord Jesus Christ to Paul (Galatians 1:11-12 KJV) is not the same as, "so great salvation; which at the first began to be spoken by the Lord, and was confirmed unto us by them that heard him" (Hebrews 2:3 KJV).

There's no profit in turning others away from the hidden wisdom of God in a mystery that we speak (1 Corinthians 2:6-8 KJV, 1 Corinthians 3:10-15 KJV)!

I'll reiterate what I said, God has ALWAYS had only one plan.

God in His infinite wisdom and knowledge did not/could not reveal His plan in one swoop to the whole of humankind. Humankind would not have accepted it (and didn't even when He came).

Therefore; God throughout the ages gave pieces of His plan to humankind thru the different people He chose to use, e.g., Adam, Abel, Cain, Methuselah, Noah, Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, Moses, etc.

The LAST piece of God's plan was given to Paul.

Now, in this dispensation of time, different than the dispensation of time(s) past, humankind has the WHOLE plan of God in front of them --- Jesus Christ and His Work on the Cross of Calvary.

Same Gospel, for God only has one.
Different pieces of God's gospel revealed at different times throughout the dispensation of time(s).
God has revealed His whole gospel to humankind.

Therefore, we are now without excuse.