How important is the Sabbath?

CherubRam

I have, that is why I do not observe man's Sabbath, but am at rest and have peace in my Savior who is My Sabbath Rest.

Ecclesiastes 12:13
Now all has been heard; here is the conclusion of the matter: Fear God and keep his commandments, for this is the duty of all mankind.

daqq

Only temporarily. The feasts are also talked about in the end times and after.

Remember that there is a difference between "YOUR feasts" and "MY feasts" because the feasts of the Father are not done away, not even temporarily, but only the feasts which He calls "your feasts" because they were not being properly observed. One good example of this is the "feast of the Jews" in John 5:1, which feast we are not told in so many words which feast is concerned, and that is because it was a feast being observed in the wrong month, (Ziv is not the same month as Iyyar, as was and still is supposed by the majority; and what is written of both Solomon and Hezekiah bear this out).

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
is non too important, as good Christian, saved by the blood if Jesus, His sacrifice, this matters non days of week

CherubRam

The Sabbath was given to Israel, to be kept within their community. The Sabbath was not given to the Gentiles. No one kept the Sabbath until God gave it to Israel at Mt Sinai. And then, even Israel never kept the Sabbath because of unbelief.

The Sabbath Day Rest was given to Adam, the first man.

achduke

Paul spoke against circumcision because it is the Old Covenant. Paul did not speak against the keeping of the seventh Day Sabbath Rest.

Paul only spoke about circumcision does not save you which it does not. No works save you. You observe the works because you have the Holy Spirit and follow God to not sin. Circumcision is a commandment.

CherubRam

There was no commandment for man to observe the 7th day. The text says GOD RESTED on that day, not mankind. There was no command or suggestion or hint that anyone prior to Israel at Mt Sinai that was given the Sabbath to keep as a holy day. In fact, God said He did not give any of the commandments He gave to Israel before His gave His Law contained in the Mosaic Law until Mt Sinai.

I think every one here would like to see your proof.

CherubRam

Paul only spoke about circumcision does not save you which it does not. No works save you. You observe the works because you have the Holy Spirit and follow God to not sin. Circumcision is a commandment.

Circumcision is a Old Covenant command. The Old Covenant has been revoked. Three Shepherds And The Revoked Covenant

[FONT=&quot]Zechariah 11:7-11. Three Shepherds And The Revoked Covenant.

Zechariah 11
7 So I pastured the flock marked for slaughter, particularly the oppressed of the flock. Then I took two staffs and called one Favor and the other Union, and I pastured the flock.
8 In one month I got rid of the three shepherds.
The flock detested me, and I grew weary of them 9 and said, "I will not be your shepherd. Let the dying die, and the perishing perish. Let those who are left eat one another's flesh."
10 Then I took my staff called Favor and broke it, revoking the covenant I had made with all the nations.
11 It was revoked on that day, and so the afflicted of the flock who were watching me knew it was the word [Yahshua] of [the Lord / Yahwah.]

The Sadducees were members of a Jewish sect founded in the second century BC, possibly as a political party. They ceased to exist sometime after the first century AD.

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Thus the Three Shepherds: Sanhedrin, Sadducees, and Pharisees.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

achduke

Circumcision is a Old Covenant command. The Old Covenant has been revoked. Three Shepherds And The Revoked Covenant

[FONT="]Zechariah 11:7-11. Three Shepherds And The Revoked Covenant.

Zechariah 11
7 So I pastured the flock marked for slaughter, particularly the oppressed of the flock. Then I took two staffs and called one Favor and the other Union, and I pastured the flock.
8 [COLOR=red]In one month I got rid of the three shepherds.[/COLOR]
The flock detested me, and I grew weary of them 9 and said, "I will not be your shepherd. Let the dying die, and the perishing perish. Let those who are left eat one another's flesh."
10 Then I took my staff called Favor and broke it, [B]revoking the covenant[/B] I had made with all the nations.
11 [B]It was revoked[/B] on that day, and so the afflicted of the flock who were watching me knew it was the word [B][Yahshua][/B] of [the Lord / [B]Yahwah.][/B]

[COLOR=blue]The Sadducees were members of a Jewish sect founded in the second century BC, possibly as a political party. They ceased to exist sometime after the first century AD.

[/COLOR][/FONT][B][COLOR=blue][FONT="]Thus the Three Shepherds: Sanhedrin, Sadducees, and Pharisees.[/FONT][/COLOR][/B][FONT="] [/FONT]

God said his commandments and feasts were forever. He now gives us his Spirit to guide us through the law. That is the new covenant. His laws are good and do not change.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Same calendar argument. Weekend, we say this, and most go back to work on Monday. Makes sense, calendar says Sunday, first day, I see it end of weekend, so it is a calendar issue.

Also this is Old Covenant, before Jesus died for our sins and rose on Sunday. Now since we have the weekend, Saturday and Sunday, all this is a calendar argument.

God will not condemn those who have day of rest and keep holy on Sunday, He is not going to condemn on a technicality made by humans.
Tout l'argument placé ici est basée sur subtilités légaliste

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
God will not condemn those who have day of rest and keep holy on Sunday, He is not going to condemn on a technicality made by humans.

Good point. Sunday observance was held in high regard by the Egyptians, by the Babylonians, by the Assyrians, by the Sumerians and look where they are today.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
being a bit smug? I care not, those who think out their beliefs. I am also not a Jew.