• This is a new section being rolled out to attract people interested in exploring the origins of the universe and the earth from a biblical perspective. Debate is encouraged and opposing viewpoints are welcome to post but certain rules must be followed. 1. No abusive tagging - if abusive tags are found - they will be deleted and disabled by the Admin team 2. No calling the biblical accounts a fable - fairy tale ect. This is a Christian site, so members that participate here must be respectful in their disagreement.

How does one determine, using the scientific method, that the earth is billions of years old?

iouae

This doesn't really effect your point because what you said is generally true but, just for the sake of accuracy, epiphytes (e.g. Orchids) and broyophytes (e.g. mosses) do actually absorb water (and other nutrients) from the air.
Thank you.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
In general all distant galaxies tend to be red shifted due to the expansion of time-space. But some galaxies like Andromeda are blue shifted because they are moving towards us faster than time-space is expanding. All Z values can be accounted for in this way by their relative motion with respect to earth, including the instance you cited.
That post was a lie.

You're a liar!

You knew that post was 100% B.S. when you wrote it.

What the hell are you even doing here?

What am I doing here?!

Good bye!

iouae

What's your evidence for this belief?
My explanation explains all Hominid palaeontology and human archaeology, and is compatible with the Bible, so in the absence of anything better, I take it to be true.

iouae

That post was a lie.

You're a liar!

You knew that post was 100% B.S. when you wrote it.

What the hell are you even doing here?

What am I doing here?!

Good bye!
Methinks thou protesteth too much. Does the truth hurts that much?

iouae

Did I understand this argument correctly?

You're saying that the refraction of light would have occurred before the flood and thus rainbows would have existed before the flood, therefore its reasonable to think that Neanderthals and Homo habilis lived on Earth before Genesis chapter one?

Or is it that you just brought up rainbows for no reason at all?
I brought up rainbows in the context of Day 4 and Day 7 and post-deluge all three are God appointing heavenly objects as signs and seasons. Hominids were a different topic.

Right Divider

Body part
So just as on Day 4 God appoints the heavenly bodies for signs and holy day seasons, likewise on Day 7 God appoints the 7th day to be a Sabbath for man to rest. It is not as if there had not been sun, moon, stars and days when Neanderthals and Homo habilis lived previously on earth, it's just that God never intended Neanderthals or Homo habilis to be saved, so they did not need signs and seasons or a relationship with God which required rest and communication with God once a week.
Goo-to-you is nonsense. Neanderthals were just humans who lived after the flood.
And we see the same pattern after the flood when God appoints the rainbow (which had existed on earth for millions of years), to be a specific sign that there would be no more worldwide flood. There had been dozens of worldwide floods before Noah's deluge, each extinction event bringing an epoch to an end and fossilising organisms.
That is nonsense.
At the end of Christ's millennium, earth will be purged with a lake of fire and after this, there will be no more mass extinction events.
More nonsense, where do you get this garbage?

Right Divider

Body part
Hydroplate Theory explains where water comes from. I don't remember this being a topic at all. I was talking about where Hominids come from, and the multiple mass extinctions, as evidenced by the Geolologic column.
  • God created all of the kinds in the first six days.
  • There have NOT been multiple mass extinctions, as evidenced by the Geologic column.
  • There was ONE great extinction and that was the ONE global flood.

Last edited:

iouae

• God created all of the kind in the first six days.
  • There have NOT been multiple mass extinctions, as evidenced by the Geologic column.
  • There was ONE great extinction and that was the ONE global flood.
One global flood cannot explain the geologic column, with multiple different biomes eg dinosaurs, mammals. I suppose your reply will be hydrological sorting.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
If folks have a better theory, my mind is as open as a sieve. Till then I prefer to fill it with something rather than nothing.
Neanderthals were people who lived a long time.

My idea has the advantage of scientific backing — genetics show that they were practically indistinguishable from modern humans and skull analyses indicate later onset of puberty — as well as not requiring invention of non-Biblical history.

Listen to the Jack Cuozzo interview I linked to.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Hydroplate Theory explains where water comes from.

The Hydroplate Theory is more than just a theory for where the water comes from. It also explains the mile deep layers of sediments across the globe, and comets, asteroids, meteors/ites, as well as where Earth's radioactivity comes from.

I don't remember this being a topic at all.

It also explains why there are rainbows in the clouds, and not just in the mist.

It's related to water vapor and rainbows, which you were talking about in post #374.

You asked for a theory that explains things beettere than your current beliefs. I gave you one. The least you could do is investigate it, instead of criticizing me for providing it.

I was talking about where Hominids come from,

Humans come from God, made on day 6 of creation. Calling them "hominids" only confuses people.

Humans are humans. Apes are apes. Monkeys are monkeys. And they have always been so.

and the multiple mass extinctions,

There has only ever been one global mass extinction event, the Flood.

as evidenced by the Geologic column.

The "geologic column" was laid down by the waters of the flood over the course of about a year.

The ENTIRE COLUMN is evidence for the flood.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
One global flood cannot explain the geologic column,

Saying it doesn't make it so.

And yes, it does explain it, rather well. It's called "tidal pumping."

with multiple different biomes eg dinosaurs, mammals. I suppose your reply will be hydrological sorting.

Would a video explanation interest you?