How do we make the world a better place?

Faither

BANNED
Banned
Shalom.

I believe that you are saying that to make the world a better place starts with the individual and having a personal relationship with Christ. That those who have the Holy Spirit know that they do.

Shalom.

Jacob

Correct , but an individuals contribution to making the world a better place is "faith" or the application of Faith pisteuo or faithing. What is that contribution? "A personal surrender to Him , and a life inspired by such surrender."

But nobody comes to Christ unless the Father draws them . So making the world a better place doesn't accually start with the individual , it starts with God the Father , the one who makes it possible for us to recieve His Sons Spirit.

Faither

BANNED
Banned
Shalom.

I believe that you are saying that to make the world a better place starts with the individual and having a personal relationship with Christ. That those who have the Holy Spirit know that they do.

Shalom.

Jacob

Also , everyone thinks that they have the Holy Spirit . What i said was "if" you have the kind of giving that is the fruit of having the Holy Spirit , you'll know it.

Small but important distinction.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Sorry to confuse you. No, my name is not Jacob. I meant "Shalom, Jacob" like I had seen you on the street and walked up to you and shook your hand, and said, Hi, Jacob. Or we had been talking and were going our separate ways and I said, Goodbye, Jacob. I guess its just a cultural difference in communication.

I like the Jewish custom of leaving a blessing, even though I do it very rarely for it isn't done by the people I usually associate with. Thus I confused you through my ignorance of the custom.
Shalom.

I understand now that you were speaking to me.

Shalom.

Jacob

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Correct , but an individuals contribution to making the world a better place is "faith" or the application of Faith pisteuo or faithing. What is that contribution? "A personal surrender to Him , and a life inspired by such surrender."

But nobody comes to Christ unless the Father draws them . So making the world a better place doesn't accually start with the individual , it starts with God the Father , the one who makes it possible for us to recieve His Sons Spirit.
Shalom.

Everything that I do that is good, the credit should go to God or it should be acknowledged that it originated in God. It was His idea. But I need to do good with what I know to do good with, always listening to God by or through the Holy Spirit and the Spirit of Christ if that makes sense. The Holy Spirit is the Spirit of God as I know it.

Shalom.

Jacob

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Also , everyone thinks that they have the Holy Spirit . What i said was "if" you have the kind of giving that is the fruit of having the Holy Spirit , you'll know it.

Small but important distinction.
Shalom.

Okay.

Shalom.

Jacob

Faither

BANNED
Banned
Shalom.

Okay.

Shalom.

Jacob

Hi Jacob ,

Is it ok if i ask you an unrelated question ?

You said on this thread that you are Jewish. Having one of the greatest Bible teachers in history i've learned a lot about the Jewish Faith . But i've always wondered how the sins of the Jew today are covered .

Everything associated with the covering of sins was done with blood , many kinds but the once a year covering was done with the blood being put on the head of the goat and released into nowhere land. Hence , that is where we get the scape goat.

So how are the sins of todays practicing Jews covered ?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Hi Jacob ,

Is it ok if i ask you an unrelated question ?

You said on this thread that you are Jewish. Having one of the greatest Bible teachers in history i've learned a lot about the Jewish Faith . But i've always wondered how the sins of the Jew today are covered .

Everything associated with the covering of sins was done with blood , many kinds but the once a year covering was done with the blood being put on the head of the goat and released into nowhere land. Hence , that is where we get the scape goat.

So how are the sins of todays practicing Jews covered ?
Shalom.

That is a great question. I do not know the answer. Why do you say covered and speak of a covering?

Shalom.

Jacob

Faither

BANNED
Banned
Shalom.

That is a great question. I do not know the answer. Why do you say covered and speak of a covering?

Shalom.

Jacob

As a Christian , my sins are covered by the blood sacrifice of Jesus work on the cross.

In the old days , the Jews sins were covered by the blood of animals .

My question is if they don't use the blood of animals to cover their sins , what do they do today for that covering of sin ?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
As a Christian , my sins are covered by the blood sacrifice of Jesus work on the cross.

In the old days , the Jews sins were covered by the blood of animals .

My question is if they don't use the blood of animals to cover their sins , what do they do today for that covering of sin ?
Shalom.

I do not know the answer to your question. You say that the blood of animals covered sin. I accept animal sacrifice as it is found in the Torah, but I do not know that we have a temple for animal sacrifice today. We do have prayer. But here I do not know if the subject is a covering for sin.

I do believe that I am saved by the blood of Jesus, that He died for me.

Shalom.

Jacob

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
Shalom.

This day is Sheni, the second day of the week, beginning with evening and night. It is the eighth month, the seventeenth day.

What can be done in the world to make it a better place?

I hear of the evil that is being perpetrated on a constant basis. Sometimes I do not know what happened. Other times I hear reports apparently of what happened. To live life without these occurrences would be good, but if something is happening or something or some things have happened, what are we to do about it or about that? A person is only a witness of what he has seen and heard. Then how do we help others recover and how do we prevent things like this from occurring?

Shalom.

Jacob
Be a Saint.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
Shalom.

I do not know what you are telling me to do. Do you believe that there are sinners and saints?

Shalom.

Jacob
Everybody is a sinner. Christians are saints, and then the Church recognizes further that among all Christians, there are those who have a far greater measure of faith than others, and they prove it in their lives. This is what I meant, to be a Saint in this latter sense.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Everybody is a sinner. Christians are saints, and then the Church recognizes further that among all Christians, there are those who have a far greater measure of faith than others, and they prove it in their lives. This is what I meant, to be a Saint in this latter sense.
Shalom.

Well. I am a Jew who accepts the TaNaKh and Matthew through Revelation.

Shalom.

Jacob

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
Shalom.

Well. I am a Jew who accepts the TaNaKh and Matthew through Revelation.

Shalom.

Jacob
Why don't you like to be called a Christian? Acts 11:26 (KJV), Acts 26:28 (KJV), 1st Peter 4:16 (KJV) all indicate the name Christian was what those who also believe Easter and accept the Tanakh and Matthew through Revelation were called.

'Just curious.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Why don't you like to be called a Christian? Acts 11:26 (KJV), Acts 26:28 (KJV), 1st Peter 4:16 (KJV) all indicate the name Christian was what those who also believe Easter and accept the Tanakh and Matthew through Revelation were called.

'Just curious.
Shalom.

I do not observe Easter, believe Easter, or believe in Easter. I do not know what you are trying to tell me.

Shalom.

Jacob