ECT How Can the Preterists be so Blind?

rainee

God is not doing anything with whole ethos at a time. The whole of Rom 11 is to show there has always been just a remnant or elect and that's what there will be. 'kai houtos' in 26 (In this way, And so in this manner..." means that's how Israel will be to the end of time. Partly hard. There is the other Israel he's been talking about that will be all saved, but you have to see that he does explain why the ethnos has had such a crummy track record.

God's loving of them does not mean they are going to turn to him. And anyway if "all" Israel was about the ethnos, what good does that do for those in 500 AD or all the other lost generations?
Sir,
(And I mean that sincerely)
There are the things we know and there are the things we think.
Most heated fights between true believers falls in the "things we think" category.
Prophecy by its very nature is not always totally known nor simply totally what we think.
As I think You have said yourself the very design of Messianic or End of The World prophecies has always been to keep us and/or the evil one from knowing completely. Didn't you say or imply that when you wrote about the flattening?

But we can't fight over what we think just because that is most all we've got completely, ok?

If you say God does not save according to ethos, does this not mean very little? The line of the Messiah shows how God had no problem adding to Israel. But it was Israel none the less, preserved.

But if you say the ones Paul is talking about for the sake of the Fathers doesn't have to be Israel but believers then once again - Paul tells some should be circumcised and some should not in the body of Christ.
He, Paul, who said two become one man, still maintained distinctions.
I say prophecy demands it if we are to understand any of it. Nobody is going to be their own grandpa, so to speak, right?

God's Truth

Sir,
(And I mean that sincerely)
There are the things we know and there are the things we think.
Most heated fights between true believers falls in the "things we think" category.
Prophecy by its very nature is not always totally known nor simply totally what we think.
As I think You have said yourself the very design of Messianic or End of The World prophecies has always been to keep us and/or the evil one from knowing completely. Didn't you say or imply that when you wrote about the flattening?

But we can't fight over what we think just because that is most all we've got completely, ok?

If you say God does not save according to ethos, does this not mean very little? The line of the Messiah shows how God had no problem adding to Israel. But it was Israel none the less, preserved.

But if you say the ones Paul is talking about for the sake of the Fathers doesn't have to be Israel but believers then once again - Paul tells some should be circumcised and some should not in the body of Christ.
I say prophecy demands it if we are to understand any of it. Nobody is going to be their own grandpa, so to speak, right?

If you feel that you are sinning by speaking and teaching men, then why do you keep doing it?

However, I agree with you on this, you should stop trying to teach others.

God's Truth

Paul says no such thing.

Paul says that circumcision of the flesh is worthless, and is mutilation of the flesh.

God's Truth

Circumcision in the flesh was a sign of those who belonged to God.

Now the Holy Spirit is the sign of those who belong to God; which now makes circumcision of the flesh mutilation of the flesh.

The dietary law used to separate a people unto God, and to keep one clean.

Now that Jesus died for all and faith in his blood clean us; the dietary law is just a diet.

In the old law people used to do various external washings, just to go to the temple to worship God.

Those ceremonial washings are now just baths.

Now faith in Jesus' blood washes us and we become the temple of the Living God.

People were commanded to observe special days.

Now through salvation through the blood of Jesus, we observe Jesus all day everyday.

People used to sacrifice animals.

Since Jesus sacrificed his life, the sacrifice of animals is a horrific act.

rainee

If you feel that you are sinning by speaking and teaching men, then why do you keep doing it?

However, I agree with you on this, you should stop trying to teach others.

I don't feel like I'm necessarily sinning, nor do I feel like I'm teaching.

For one thing when I'm talking to someone who does know a lot, that means it didn't happen by accident.
Theologians, Biblical Historians, Bible Scholars, Teachers, Preachers, the whole lot of them - they put time, money, heart and mind into what they have. And they do have.

So if I want to dare "reason" with any one including you I have to show I can do it, while also showing it is not out of disrespect...But I also try to keep it a little light, right? Ok, then. :p

Paul says no such thing.

Paul says that circumcision of the flesh is worthless, and is mutilation of the flesh.
I appreciate how well you understand what he says to Gentile men.
Does that conclude all Paul said on the subject?
:p

However, what I do feel cautious about is saying stuff I shouldn't say.
Unlike some I do feel aware that what I want to say may not be what I should say...sigh

God's Truth

I don't feel like I'm necessarily sinning, nor do I feel like I'm teaching.

For one thing when I'm talking to someone who does know a lot, that means it didn't happen by accident.
Theologians, Biblical Historians, Bible Scholars, Teachers, Preachers, the whole lot of them - they put time, money, heart and mind into what they have. And they do have.

So if I want to dare "reason" with any one including you I have to show I can do it, while also showing it is not out of disrespect...But I also try to keep it a little light, right? Ok, then. :p

I appreciate how well you understand what he says to Gentile men.
Does that conclude all Paul said on the subject?
:p

However, what I do feel cautious about is saying stuff I shouldn't say.
Unlike some I do feel aware that what I want to say may not be what I should say...sigh

I think if you do not feel that you should say something, then maybe you should not.

As for Paul speaking to Gentiles about circumcision, what he says is good for Jews too.

Jesus fulfilled the law about getting circumcised in the flesh. The law that said to get circumcised in the flesh was just a teaching tool, a shadow to what was coming, Jesus Christ.

Romans 10:12 For there is no difference between Jew and Gentile--the same Lord is Lord of all and richly blesses all who call on him,

rainee

I think if you do not feel that you should say something, then maybe you should not.

As for Paul speaking to Gentiles about circumcision, what he says is good for Jews too.

Jesus fulfilled the law about getting circumcised in the flesh. The law that said to get circumcised in the flesh was just a teaching tool, a shadow to what was coming, Jesus Christ.

Romans 10:12 For there is no difference between Jew and Gentile--the same Lord is Lord of all and richly blesses all who call on him,

There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus. Galations 3:28

Is this above what you are referring to after telling me you don't think I should do certain things because, uhm, because there is no more Jew or Gentile in Him? Cuz there is no more male or female either, baby doll.

God's Truth

There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus. Galations 3:28

Is this above what you are referring to after telling me you don't think I should do certain things because, uhm, because there is no more Jew or Gentile in Him? Cuz there is no more male or female either, baby doll.

You are the one who seems to have a problem speaking to the males here.

rainee

You are the one who seems to have a problem speaking to the males here.

Now that is a very glib retort!
I did try to appeal while also trying to demonstrate he has further to go... As we all do, yes?
But once someone knows a lot it seems to be very hard for them to accept something else...
Which may partially explain Israel's problem back then... Right?

And you, you want to be very sure of yourself, don't you? But I am not like that. I'm tentative about some things and stout on others depending on the verses.

Interplanner

"there is neither circ nor uncirc, but a new creation" means that both exist, and neither divide. Because the new creation is what has taken place in Christ Jesus. Btw, that does not mean what has changed in the believer, or all this will break down in weakness. Both genders exist and neither divide. People who change genders and think of themselves as Christians, for ex., have missed that the NT is talking about the reality in Christ, not things we do or don't do.

God's Truth

"there is neither circ nor uncirc, but a new creation" means that both exist, and neither divide. Because the new creation is what has taken place in Christ Jesus. Btw, that does not mean what has changed in the believer, or all this will break down in weakness. Both genders exist and neither divide. People who change genders and think of themselves as Christians, for ex., have missed that the NT is talking about the reality in Christ, not things we do or don't do.

What you say sounds as if you figured out how to twist that scripture because you did not understand what it meant.

No one has to be circumcised in the flesh to be saved, but all must be circumcised in the heart. It does not matter what our gender is, for all are valued the same in Christ, and the same with Jew and Gentile.

Danoh

What you say sounds as if you figured out how to twist that scripture because you did not understand what it meant.

No one has to be circumcised in the flesh to be saved, but all must be circumcised in the heart. It does not matter what our gender is, for all are valued the same in Christ, and the same with Jew and Gentile.

Slow down GT, you have just said the same thing Inter said in that part of that of his you are ranting about; only in your own words.

Your half-empty, to his half-full, at least as to this same "bottle."

God's Truth

Slow down GT, you have just said the same thing Inter said in that part of that of his you are ranting about; only in your own words.

Your half-empty, to his half-full, at least as to this same "bottle."
What you think and say is not the truth because you say so.

If Inter does not want to agree with anyone here, and make clear that he has some agreement with someone, even sometimes, then that is his problem.

God's Truth

We are to spend some time alone with the Holy Spirit and the Holy Bible to see if what others try to teach us is true or not. There are some here who decide for themselves with their "itchy" ears what is true or not.

Interplanner

On what item? It is not saying that the various distinct features of different people actually stop existing. (I expect trans to use this verse sometime...)