ECT HOW ARE JEWS SAVED TODAY ??

DAN P

You really are adverse to just saying what you mean, aren't you?

Help me out here, cause it looks like you're saying we all have to go visit Annanias.

Okay, so when I call Jesus Lord, it's by the Holy Spirit. Great!

How many more times do you want me to confess it? I'm saved because Jesus Christ died for me, was raised, and ascended. Would it help if I through in a bunch of pointless CAPITALS and exclamation marks?

Wait wait wait. I sure hope you aren't saying I need to be circumcised like Paul circumcised Timothy? That was just a way of not stirring up trouble. Do you need me to pull up some scripture to show that I don't need to be circumcised?

No, you probably meant to point to verse 29, where Paul tells the guard that he can be saved by faith in Jesus Christ. Which is the answer I keep giving you for salvation both for Jews and Gentiles, though I like to use a few more words to make it very clear what I mean when I say the Lord's name.

You're clearly angling for something. Why don't you just come out and say it?

And yes, I said I was done with TOL for the day, but I have a hard time pulling myself away some times.

Hi and what is it that you do not understand , just one question OR Dodge will confuse me and you ??

dan p

DavidK

Hi and what is it that you do not understand , just one question OR Dodge will confuse me and you ??

dan p

What I don't understand is that all the verses you posted line right up with what I've said, but you clearly think I'm missing something. What am I missing?

DAN P

What I don't understand is that all the verses you posted line right up with what I've said, but you clearly think I'm missing something. What am I missing?

Hi and in 1 Cor 2:14 no one is seeking after God , read the verse and see !!

Before a person can be saved , GOD HAS TO OPEN THE HEART as in Acts 16:14 , Just as in Acts 9:6 !!

thsi is where we start !!

dan p

Danoh

DavidK, pay DP no mind.

Likewise dodge's "one size fits all" ignorance "about" what he thinks so called "MAD" is, is not, and or what he thinks it is, is not, based on the legalistic personality of some within so called "MAD."

The issue is a simple one...

"...all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;" Romans 3:23.

Romans 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. 5:9 Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him. 5:10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life. 5:11 And not only so, but we also joy in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom we have now received the atonement.

If a person will simply believe that, then the following is theirs....

Romans 5:1 Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ: 5:2 By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.

End of story.

And while that is the basics of getting into God's family, as there is much to learn after that, at the same time, said learning after that is not only after that, but is a separate issue.

This is crystal clear in 1 Corinthians chapters 1 thru 3.

Spoiler

Despite their fool differences between them, the Apostle Paul had desribed them in the following manner...

1 Corinthians 1:2 Unto the church of God which is at Corinth, to them that are sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be saints, with all that in every place call upon the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, both theirs and ours: 1:3 Grace be unto you, and peace, from God our Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ. 1:4 I thank my God always on your behalf, for the grace of God which is given you by Jesus Christ; 1:5 That in every thing ye are enriched by him, in all utterance, and in all knowledge; 1:6 Even as the testimony of Christ was confirmed in you: 1:7 So that ye come behind in no gift; waiting for the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ: 1:8 Who shall also confirm you unto the end, that ye may be blameless in the day of our Lord Jesus Christ. 1:9 God is faithful, by whom ye were called unto the fellowship of his Son Jesus Christ our Lord.

True, he had had to lament what is often obviously also the case on the part of some within so called MAD against anyone who does not hold their views.

1 Corinthians 1:10 Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment. 1:11 For it hath been declared unto me of you, my brethren, by them which are of the house of Chloe, that there are contentions among you.

1 Corinthians 3:1 And I, brethren, could not speak unto you as unto spiritual, but as unto carnal, even as unto babes in Christ. 3:2 I have fed you with milk, and not with meat: for hitherto ye were not able to bear it, neither yet now are ye able. 3:3 For ye are yet carnal: for whereas there is among you envying, and strife, and divisions, are ye not carnal, and walk as men?

Again, that is in contrast to what he had also said of them as he began his letter to them.

And that kind of thing is exactly what you have run into, in the likes of a DP and some others out there.

It is crystal clear obvious from those three chapters, and more, that the Corinthians were not on the same page about the Apostle Paul either...

1 Corinthians 1:10 Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment. 1:11 For it hath been declared unto me of you, my brethren, by them which are of the house of Chloe, that there are contentions among you. 1:12 Now this I say, that every one of you saith, I am of Paul; and I of Apollos; and I of Cephas; and I of Christ.

1 Corinthians 3:3 For ye are yet carnal: for whereas there is among you envying, and strife, and divisions, are ye not carnal, and walk as men? 3:4 For while one saith, I am of Paul; and another, I am of Apollos; are ye not carnal? 3:5 Who then is Paul, and who is Apollos, but ministers by whom ye believed, even as the Lord gave to every man?

Again, there is ever more to learn AFTER one is saved...

But THAT is a separate; a DIFFERENT issue.

Some things differ.

Some only appear to.

Some things are the same.

Some only appear to be.

Your best option when dealing with such is to rest in your having been accepted into God's family if you have believed the above passages from Romans 3 and Romans 5.

That, and the following...

It is what I did when I first believed the above.

The result being that I came to hold to the beginnings of my present understanding, way before I'd ever heard of the so called MAD of one group or another (for there are different groups, with different key understandings, as with any other school of thought within Christianity).

Keep the following in mind when dealing with such, and you'll be just fine.

Galatians 6:12 As many as desire to make a fair shew in the flesh, they constrain you to be circumcised; only lest they should suffer persecution for the cross of Christ. 6:13 For neither they themselves who are circumcised keep the law; but desire to have you circumcised, that they may glory in your flesh. 6:14 But God forbid that I should glory, save in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world is crucified unto me, and I unto the world. 6:15 For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision, but a new creature. 6:16 And as many as walk according to this rule, peace be on them, and mercy, and upon the Israel of God.

Romans 16:24 The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen. 16:25 Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began, 16:26 But now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith: 16:27 To God only wise, be glory through Jesus Christ for ever. Amen.

DavidK

Hi and in 1 Cor 2:14 no one is seeking after God , read the verse and see !!

Before a person can be saved , GOD HAS TO OPEN THE HEART as in Acts 16:14 , Just as in Acts 9:6 !!

thsi is where we start !!

dan p

Excellent. We're drawn by His grace to receive salvation. I absolutely agree. The same is true whether we are Jew or Gentile.

DavidK

David, dan p will only answer a question with a question

I've found this to be pretty common on this board. I've spent some time doing this same question/answer merry-go-round others, too. Sometimes it's interesting to see if it's possible to find a way off the merry-go-round. Sometimes it's impossible.

DAN P

I've found this to be pretty common on this board. I've spent some time doing this same question/answer merry-go-round others, too. Sometimes it's interesting to see if it's possible to find a way off the merry-go-round. Sometimes it's impossible.

Hi and as we see and know , your knowledge of the word , is your inexperience AND you would understand , for your DISPENSATIOAAL knowledge is NIL !!

dan p

dodge

The merry go round is one of the ways they support their errors !

dodge

Hi and as we see and know , your knowledge of the word , is your inexperience AND you would understand , for your DISPENSATIOAAL knowledge is NIL !!

dan p

lol, hello dan p. Anything or any excuse to ignore the truth of scriptures and go off on your own right ?

DAN P

lol, hello dan p. Anything or any excuse to ignore the truth of scriptures and go off on your own right ?[/QUOTE

Hi and give me a verse that I have ignored ?? You have to be KIDDING !!

You have always IGNORDED to explain how you were saved ?

You ignore how Peter was saved ??

Since you believe in a 1P 1P , where do you go when you DIE ?

Where did the B O C begin ?

dan p

Danoh

It is a mistake to allow yourself to "one size fits all" any issue.

Some (whether so called MADs or not) will obviously be found to be asking questions only as a means of baiting others into some fool corner of theirs.

Others (whether so called MADs or not) will be found to be asking questions as their honest attempt to persuade others to think a thing through a bit more.

Problem with that is that most will then reflect on said asker's questions from within where said askee, looks at things.

Result?

More of the same nowhere.

Personally, I continue to find that approach naive.

It is not how it is used in Scripture; where and when it is found being applied.

Better to just state one's case and then go from there.

Interplanner

A person is saved by what Christ did, "today." Saved means to be justified from sin's debt, and to have some demonstrable change in their lives. It does not mean a monarchy will be set up in Israel.