Honor God's Son or Perish

Nanja

Gen. 6:5
And GOD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.

That is the exact same indictment against the natural man; that an unregenerate heart / mind cannot receive the things of God.

1 Cor. 2:14
But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

Rom. 3:11-12
There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God. 12 They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one.

New Life must first be communicated before we have a mind / heart which is compatible with the things of God John 3:6.

It is the Spirit that creates in them a hunger and thirst for Intimacy with Him.

Col. 1:21
And you, that were sometime alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now hath he reconciled

Rom. 1:1
Paul, a servant of Jesus Christ, called to be an apostle, separated unto the gospel of God

Epoisses

Gen. 6:5
And GOD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.

That is the exact same indictment against the natural man; that an unregenerate heart / mind cannot receive the things of God.

1 Cor. 2:14
But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

Rom. 3:11-12
There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God. 12 They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one.

New Life must first be communicated before we have a mind / heart which is compatible with the things of God John 3:6.

It is the Spirit that creates in them a hunger and thirst for Intimacy with Him.

Col. 1:21
And you, that were sometime alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now hath he reconciled

Rom. 1:1
Paul, a servant of Jesus Christ, called to be an apostle, separated unto the gospel of God

I agree with all those verses but what you fail to acknowledge is that God's commands under the NT are enablings where he commands sinners to believe and then he enables sinners to believe. I don't get the credit for believing but at the same time I am still commanded to believe. Calvinist's like yourself present a skewed and biased form of belief that is alien to the scriptures. Belief is a command under the NT whether you like it or not. The same goes with love. Christians are commanded to love God and one another but it is God who empowers us to love. You need to present both sides of the equation or you end up with God ordaining sin which is heresy.

Nanja

I agree with all those verses but what you fail to acknowledge is that God's commands under the NT are enablings where he commands sinners to believe and then he enables sinners to believe. I don't get the credit for believing but at the same time I am still commanded to believe. Calvinist's like yourself present a skewed and biased form of belief that is alien to the scriptures. Belief is a command under the NT whether you like it or not. The same goes with love. Christians are commanded to love God and one another but it is God who empowers us to love. You need to present both sides of the equation or you end up with God ordaining sin which is heresy.

Those in the flesh cannot please God Rom. 8:8.

God's Truth

To say that you are able to obey God is the same thing as saying that you are as righteous as God, which is blasphemy.

That is a weak attempt to slander me.

God says to repent of sins, it is obeying to repent of sins. Jesus didn't sin. So what you said is just evil and ignorant.

Robert Pate

Banned
That is a weak attempt to slander me.

God says to repent of sins, it is obeying to repent of sins. Jesus didn't sin. So what you said is just evil and ignorant.

No, you slander and blaspheme God by declaring that you are as righteous as he is. Your righteousness will disappear in a puff of smoke in the judgment.

beloved57

The purpose of religion is not to build faith in God or his Son Jesus Christ. The purpose of religion is to divert you away from the glorious Gospel of Jesus Christ and to cause you to focus upon yourself, who is a sinner. I have found that many who are members of the organized church don't know or understand the Gospel. They are Gospel illiterate, which is no surprise because the "Historical Gospel of Jesus Christ" is not preached or taught in today's organized church.

It is our faith in Jesus Christ and his Gospel that causes us to trust and rely upon Christ for our salvation. All that are trusting in Christ for their salvation are honoring God's Son. It is not religion plus the Gospel, it is the Gospel plus nothing.

In the Gospel Jesus comes into the world as God's new Adam and our new humanity. His mission is to do for fallen humanity what fallen humanity cannot do for its self. God requires two things for the salvation of fallen man.

1. A life of perfect obedience according to his holy law.
2. A perfect atonement for his sins and the sins of the whole world.

Jesus, in our name and on our behalf has fully met both of these conditions. Because of the doing and the dying of Jesus we can now stand before God's holy court as justified. Religion cannot do that for us, Christ and Christ alone is our representative and substitute savior.

Religion is a preoccupation with ones piety and works, which fail to justify. Jesus and Jesus alone is God's justifier, Romans 3:26. All that try to justify themselves by their piety and works will perish. Sinners cannot save themselves, nor can sinners save others. Many do not even believe in the deity of Jesus Christ. To not believe in the deity of Christ is to believe that Jesus was just a good man and a sinner like us, Jesus said,

"I said therefore unto you, that you shall die in your sins: for if you believe not that I am he (God or Lord) you shall die in your sins" John 8:24.

Many shall die in their sins because of unbelief and will perish. Faith in anything other than God's Son is unbelief. God is not going to honor your Calvinist or Catholic religion. The only thing that is going to stand in the judgment is the righteousness of Christ, everything else will perish. If you are not found to be "In Christ" trusting in him alone, you will perish.

Dont you teach that sinners Christ died for still perish ? Thats not trusting Christ, thats dishonoring Him !

beloved57

No one in the New Testament that was born again by the Holy Spirit, was born again without hearing and believing the Gospel. On the day of Pentecost 8,000 Jews heard and believed Peter's Gospel and were born again by the Holy Spirit, Acts 2:41 also Acts 4:4.

As usual, you stand refuted.

Since when does the Gospel tell people that those Christ died for, shed His Blood for are still lost and condemned as you do ?

Epoisses

Since when does the Gospel tell people that those Christ died for, shed His Blood for are still lost and condemned as you do ?

Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?....Now the just shall live by faith: but if any man draw back, my soul shall have no pleasure in him. But we are not of them who draw back unto perdition; but of them that believe to the saving of the soul. Heb. 10:29;38,39.

Calvinists like hyper B57 draw back - 'hupostole', the timidity of one stealthily retreating. Calvinists retreat from the pure gospel of faith for the gospel of chance and predestinauction.

Robert Pate

Banned

Jesus shed his blood for the sins of the whole world, Hebrews 2:9. This means that salvation has been provided for... "Whosoever that shall call upon the name of the Lord" Romans 10:13.

Nanja

Jesus shed his blood for the sins of the whole world, Hebrews 2:9. This means that salvation has been provided for... "Whosoever that shall call upon the name of the Lord" Romans 10:13.

Those in the flesh cannot please God Rom. 8:8; Ps. 80:18.

beloved57

To teach that Christ Blood doesn't save them He shed it for, that dishonors Him.