Homo Disney is getting more "out" with it

Eagles Wings

I 'think' you are thinking of 'christian' education by indoctrination. Completely different animal.
Lon, when you have a minute can you say what you mean here?

FYI - We home schooled for a couple of years, and I had to turn sentence diagramming over to my Mom because I could not for the life of me figure it out. Mom had a great time with it as her generation knew it well.

Eagles Wings

We've gotten so narrow in our scope for entertainment that if a movie from the library, Netflix, other rental, broadcast TV, etc., uses the Lord's name in vain, it is toast.

As a result, we don't attend movies in the theater, which is no great loss, and spend tons of time reading and listening to music. Oh, and bird watching which the grand kids love, too!

quip

BANNED
Banned
Practicing homosexual perversion is chosen, and is therefore sin. Hating homosexuals because they want other people's children is right and healthy.

Wasn't it witches who would ride their brooms while swooping down and stealing all the cute little boys and girls? :straight:

I'm so glad our country has outgrown such nonsense. :plain:

Lon

Lon, when you have a minute can you say what you mean here?

FYI - We home schooled for a couple of years, and I had to turn sentence diagramming over to my Mom because I could not for the life of me figure it out. Mom had a great time with it as her generation knew it well.

For the most part, homeschooling simply teaches kids 'without the crud of the world' involved. My kids went through school, but their high school was terrible. They heard the Lord's name taken in vain every day, heard secular messages against the cross, etc. Anna was talking about being legalistically indoctrinated and given values etc. She is against some of her parents and grandparents teaching so seems to cringe at the idea that someone can teach godliness without the kids being abused. She has been abused here on TOL, and feels abused by some of her indoctrination from her Roman Catholic upbringing as well. I think I see what she means. Christ cannot be shoved down a throat.

My kids have all told me I have to start a home-school with their kids when they have them. This should speak 1) of the way I do Christian education as opposed to say, how her parents and those she has seen might have done it. When your kids are informing you that 'yes, you will be my child's teacher,' I may not have done everything right, but it seems enough to cause this sentiment from all three of my grown kids.

So, even if I simply taught them the 3R's and other academic lessons, apart from the cursing and secularization that comes with a public classroom with no Christian input persay, they would still be incredibly better off. They will not have to wait for "no child left behind" and I have the credentials to do a decent job of ensuring they have the best education available (MA in teaching). -Lon

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Lon, I know you mean well, but you seem to have added your own interpretation to things you've inferred from my comments here, and you're a bit off the mark. I don't want to go into it more than that, so I hope you'll understand when I ask you to just leave it alone. Thank you.

MrDante

Please show us how skin color can be acted upon and chosen and also show us how having sex is involuntary. Ive asked you this many times, and no response and untill you can show these things, your comparison is invalid.

Maybe if you actually read the posts you comment on....but I suppose that is a lot to ask.

ClimateSanity

We've gotten so narrow in our scope for entertainment that if a movie from the library, Netflix, other rental, broadcast TV, etc., uses the Lord's name in vain, it is toast.

As a result, we don't attend movies in the theater, which is no great loss, and spend tons of time reading and listening to music. Oh, and bird watching which the grand kids love, too!

Don't watch movies without knowing what you are seeing and what your purpose is. Never to just veg out.

Hollywood is out to indoctrinate you. Protect your mind.

ClimateSanity

For the most part, homeschooling simply teaches kids 'without the crud of the world' involved. My kids went through school, but their high school was terrible. They heard the Lord's name taken in vain every day, heard secular messages against the cross, etc. Anna was talking about being legalistically indoctrinated and given values etc. She is against some of her parents and grandparents teaching so seems to cringe at the idea that someone can teach godliness without the kids being abused. She has been abused here on TOL, and feels abused by some of her indoctrination from her Roman Catholic upbringing as well. I think I see what she means. Christ cannot be shoved down a throat.

My kids have all told me I have to start a home-school with their kids when they have them. This should speak 1) of the way I do Christian education as opposed to say, how her parents and those she has seen might have done it. When your kids are informing you that 'yes, you will be my child's teacher,' I may not have done everything right, but it seems enough to cause this sentiment from all three of my grown kids.

So, even if I simply taught them the 3R's and other academic lessons, apart from the cursing and secularization that comes with a public classroom with no Christian input persay, they would still be incredibly better off. They will not have to wait for "no child left behind" and I have the credentials to do a decent job of ensuring they have the best education available (MA in teaching). -Lon

Ever hear the term being sold a bill of goods?

ClimateSanity

:rotfl:

"There were parts of the South that wouldn’t show ‘Star Trek’ because there was an African American woman in a powerful position, and she wasn’t a maid or tap dancer.” Nichelle Nichols

What is the significance of your post?

musterion

I thought I knew him better than that.

There's no way to truly know anyone on this board other than, over time, the pattern of the content of their posts. But with negligible variance they'll tend to skew politically right or politically left, at least on issues such as this. That, in turn, may inform the discerning about the genuineness of their posts in other forums. A glaring example of this can be found in this very thread.

And remember: the dog that yelps first got hit hardest.

MrDante

There's no way to truly know anyone on this board other than, over time, the pattern of the content of their posts. But with negligible variance they'll tend to skew politically right or politically left, at least on issues such as this. That, in turn, may inform the discerning about the genuineness of their posts in other forums. A glaring example of this can be found in this very thread.

And remember: the dog that yelps first got hit hardest.

I'm sure there are a few readers who haven't figured you out yet Musty

PyramidHead

Man, I don't know why y'all didn't already think LeFou was gay. If you watched the original cartoon, he followed Gaston around, even sung a song to Belle about how drop dead sexy Gaston was, about how gorgeous his face his hair was, so on and so forth. You're surprised that parts gay?

And is a gay minor character really more of an affront to God than buffalo - woman romance?