Homeschooling Robs Children

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
SOTK, you said this:
Originally posted by SOTK

See, this is why I get so upset with Christians like you... You seem to have it in your head that if a Christian doesn't do something which you think is Christian we aren't Christian. I know, I know.....you haven't said that, but that's what I perceive to come next. Christine came dangerously close to that and might have well said it. It's in her words and it's in yours.
...Immediately after saying this:
A lot of you "Christian" homeschoolers attempt to paint the average Christian public schoolers as stupid and uninvolved.....that we are monsters for sending our kids to Public School.

We all know what it means when "Christian" is in quotes.

1PeaceMaker

Originally posted by firechyld

The only reason any of you can think of for killing humans being wrong is "God said so"? You people scare me. And the "teacher" in the example is an idiot. I seriously doubt that scene would play out that way.

A quick question for homeschoolers: How does the homeschooling system prepare students for learning in a tertiary environment? Once a student hits university/college, they are going to have to know how to learn in a classroom environment. How do you deal with this when teaching a child in a homeschooling environment?

How does going to school with children and underpaid, overworked, frustrated public school teachers prepare you for a university?

I hope that isn't too breif of a response, but I've got to go for now. :)

firechyld

How does going to school with children and underpaid, overworked, frustrated public school teachers prepare you for a university?

Because when you get to university, you'll be in a class with other used-to-be-children, and a lecturer who may well be underpaid and frustrated.