Homeschoolers

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Christine
Yes, actually. She has for about the past summer. :noid: :D
I was the same way. It's nice that she's finally decide to speak up. :)

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Elaine
Thanks! I'm sure I'll like being here. :) :bannana: <--- Someone needs to fix the spelling on that one..:shut:
I think Knight leaves it that way just to tempt people into buying it and renaming it. ;)

Elaine

Originally posted by Turbo
I was the same way. It's nice that she's finally decide to speak up.
How long did you read before you registered? :think:
I think Knight leaves it that way just to tempt people into buying it and renaming it. ;)
Lol. :crackup:

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
How long did you read before you registered? :think:
I don't really remember. I had visited the site off and on. Then I registered in the spring of 2002 to participate in a science debate or two. Then my account was idle for about a year, but I stopped in now and then and read some threads or a Battle Royale.

It was this comment that provoked me to post again, and I've been here steadily ever since. Zakath and I ended up having a little side-debate on that thread. You have to jump over a lot other people's posts to read it; back then I used to only post about once per day.

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I don't really remember. I had visited the site off and on. Then I registered in the spring of 2002 to participate in a science debate or two. Then my account was idle for about a year, but I stopped in now and then and read some threads or a Battle Royale.

It was this comment that provoked me to post again, and I've been here steadily ever since. Zakath and I ended up having a little side-debate on that thread. You have to jump over a lot other people's posts to read it; back then I used to only post about once per day.
We could have been seeing your brilliant posts for a much longer time now but NOOOO... you were only posting once a day. Glad you finally came to your senses and started posting a little more. ;)

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Back then it used to take me longer to put a post together. And I didn't want to jump into a bunch of debates at once and get spread too thin.

How time changes things.

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Back then it used to take me longer to put a post together. And I didn't want to jump into a bunch of debates at once and get spread too thin.
Been there, (gotten myself in trouble when I've) done that.

Elaine

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Zakath

"legalized murder" is a fine example of religionist "newspeak".

Murder is, by definition, "The unlawful killing of one human by another, especially with premeditated malice."

An action cannot be both legal and unlawful...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

unlawful adj. 1. Against the law. 2. Immoral. 3. illegitimate.

Webster's II New Riverside Desk Dictionary, Copyright 1988 Houghton Mufflin Company, First Longmeadow Press Edition 1995.

Because Knight generally appeals to the standard of absolute morality rather than current US laws, it is obvious that when Knight writes concerning murder, he is referring to "The immoral killing of one human by another..."

Even though you claim there is no absolute morality, surely you recognize by now that Knight does.

I wonder if you object when people speak of the legalized slaughter of Jews during the Holocaust as murder. Perhaps you'd also argue that because the unborn are not defined as human by current US laws, abortion cannot be called murder. And since Jews were not humans according to the laws of Nazi Germany, no Jews were murdered.

A Jew is a human even when in a country where the government has passed laws stating that Jews are not human. Would you agree, Zakath?
That was a great point, Turbo! :up: I'm not sure I want to try to read the rest of that thread just now, though. :noid: :)

Elaine

Where were all the homeschoolers yesterday? :confused: I saw ShadowMaid and jessilu were online for a while, but no-one else. :shocked: Did I scare them away? :cry: ;)

ShadowMaid

Where were all the homeschoolers yesterday? :confused: I saw ShadowMaid and jessilu were online for a while, but no-one else. :shocked: Did I scare them away? :cry: ;)

Nope, you didn't scare me off. I never sign out. I was at a slumber party two days ago. After the sleep over yesterday, we all went to a hay ride. I just haven't been home for two days.;)

ShadowMaid

Thank you Christine.:bannana:

Oh and I forgot.

Welcome Elaine!!!:bannana: :jump: :joker: :drum: :wave: :popup: :party: :guitar: :BRAVO: :cheers:

ShadowMaid

Yeah, thats super cool. My perfect (almost.... ok, much farther, I love her anyways) sis is nameless. (Thats her TOL name Nameless, but the n is not capitalized.)

Elaine

Originally posted by ShadowMaid
Welcome Elaine!!!:bannana: :jump: :joker: :drum: :wave: :popup: :party: :guitar: :BRAVO: :cheers:
Why, thank you, ShadowMaid! I was wondering where you had been...:)

Elaine

Originally posted by ShadowMaid
So there's three of us, now we have to haul out the other three.:devil:
:chuckle: We should do this every weekend. So, ShadowMaid, how's "school?" :eek: