Not open for further replies.

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
fool said:
And there it is.
Another moral relativist smoked out of his hole.
Hardly. Since this is God's world, therefore He is the one who gets to determine the rules which govern this world. It is our duty to find out those rules and follow them.

fool

Hall of Fame
Jefferson said:
Hardly. Since this is God's world, therefore He is the one who gets to determine the rules which govern this world. It is our duty to find out those rules and follow them.
Exactly, moral relativism.
Your morals are relative to God's determination.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Jefferson said:

Yeeeeeah. Says you and every other religious fundamentalist, Jeff. You're no better than your Islamic opponents. You guys all say you're on a mission from God, which makes you incredibly dangerous. If and when you seize power, you'll abuse it like every other regime has done throughout history. What you can't or won't understand is that acting on a religious mandate opens the door for all kinds of abuse.

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Granite said:
Yeeeeeah. Says you and every other religious fundamentalist, Jeff. You're no better than your Islamic opponents. You guys all say you're on a mission from God, which makes you incredibly dangerous. If and when you seize power, you'll abuse it like every other regime has done throughout history. What you can't or won't understand is that acting on a religious mandate opens the door for all kinds of abuse.
Secular Humanism in the U.S. is a religion also. And the result? Millions of abortions, a taxation rate equivalent to theft, legalized adutery and homosexuality, etc.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Jefferson said:
Secular Humanism in the U.S. is a religion also. And the result? Millions of abortions, a taxation rate equivalent to theft, legalized adutery and homosexuality, etc.

We're not talking about secular humanism, we're talking about your religion and your agenda. If Christians quit having abortions proportional to the rest of the population, stopped whoring themselves for poltical access, and didn't get embroiled in sex scandals, perhaps you'd have a leg to stand on here.

Abortion? Murder. No question. Taxes? The way they are, exorbiant. "Adultery" and homosexuality? Quit worrying about who's boinking who, Jeff. The problem with Christianity, among many others, is that its obsession with sex winds up overriding greater issues.

You don't need Christianity to get lower taxes or stop killing your own.

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Granite said:
We're not talking about secular humanism,
Yes we are. You wrote...
What you can't or won't understand is that acting on a religious mandate opens the door for all kinds of abuse.
Our government is currently acting on the religious mandate of Secular Humanism.

DaringlyStupid

Granite said:
"Adultery" and homosexuality? Quit worrying about who's boinking who, Jeff. The problem with Christianity, among many others, is that its obsession with sex winds up overriding greater issues.
What is your marital status? Single? Married? Divorced?

DaringlyStupid

I'm wondering if Granite applies his who-cares-who-boinks-who philosophy to his own relationships. Is Granite married? And if so, does he care who his wife "boinks" or is his an "open" marriage?

Johnny

I'm wondering if Granite applies his who-cares-who-boinks-who philosophy to his own relationships. Is Granite married? And if so, does he care who his wife "boinks" or is his an "open" marriage?
You're not making a point, you're just completely missing his.

DaringlyStupid

Granite said:
And this is your business because...?
Because I want to explore whether you really believe what you claim to believe. (see my previous post)

Sheesh! Since when was "Are you married?" a taboo personal question?

DaringlyStupid

Johnny said:
You're not making a point, you're just completely missing his.
Maybe you would be kind enough to explain it to me.

Do you agree with Granite's point?

If you were married, would you care whether or not your wife were sleeping around?
(Maybe you are married but I'll assume base on your age that you're not... I'd ask but apparently that question is a little too personal. :freak: )

Johnny

While I do not speak for Granite, his point seems to be that Christianity's obsession with sex often overshadows other issues within the Christian community.

Yes.

fool

Hall of Fame
DaringlyStupid said:

If you were married, would you care whether or not your wife were sleeping around?
(Maybe you are married but I'll assume base on your age that you're not... I'd ask but apparently that question is a little too personal. :freak: )
I'm married.

DaringlyStupid

Johnny said:
While I do not speak for Granite, his point seems to be that Christianity's obsession with sex often overshadows other issues within the Christian community.
Christians don't generally have an "obsession with sex." The world has an obsession with sex and some Christians are rightly warning the world and their fellow Christians of the dangers of sexual immorality.

So, according to you, Christians should lay off of condemning sexual immorality and focus on "other issues"? Must one choose? Maybe you aren't aware, but sexual immorality is often leads to "other issues" including abortion and other murder, divorce, etc.

Do you think God forbade sex outside of marriage just to be a spoil sport or do you think maybe He actually had good reasons?

Last edited:

Johnny

So, according to you, Christians should lay off of condemning sexual immorality and focus on "other issues"?
No. I just think we're putting too many eggs in one basket and not enough in others.

Yes, I would expect my wife to be faithful.

Granite

Hall of Fame
DaringlyStupid said:
Christians don't generally have an "obsession with sex." The world has an obsession with sex and some Christians are rightly warning the world and their fellow Christians of the dangers of sexual immorality.

So, according to you, Christians should lay off of condemning sexual immorality and focus on "other issues"? Must one choose? Maybe you aren't aware, but sexual immorality is often leads to "other issues" including abortion and other murder, divorce, etc.

Do you think God forbade sex outside of marriage just to be a spoil sport or do you think maybe He actually had good reasons?

The world gets along and does their thing. Christians make a big deal out of who is sleeping with who, and how, and where, and why. Maybe you guys should consider leaving people well enough alone--quit presuming you get to climb onto a soap box and lecture we unwashed goats. Quite frankly, no one needs your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.