Hip Hop White House

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
['Burn a Bush’? Michelle Obama invites rapper Common to a poetry reading] "...Here’s an opportunity to relive your high-school poetry classes.

First Lady Michelle Obama has scheduled a poetry evening for Wednesday, and she’s invited several poets, including a successful Chicago poet and rapper, Lonnie Rashid Lynn, Jr., AKA “Common.” However, Lynn is quite controversial, in part because his poetry includes threats to shoot police and at least one passage calling for the “burn[ing]” of then-President George W. Bush..." Full text: 'Burn a Bush’? Michelle Obama invites rapper Common to a poetry reading

Would you call Michelle Obama :peach: a classy woman? :smokie:

Last edited:
Reactions: Lon

bigbang123

['Burn a Bush’? Michelle Obama invites rapper Common to a poetry reading] "...Here’s an opportunity to relive your high-school poetry classes.

First Lady Michelle Obama has scheduled a poetry evening for Wednesday, and she’s invited several poets, including a successful Chicago poet and rapper, Lonnie Rashid Lynn, Jr., AKA “Common.” However, Lynn is quite controversial, in part because his poetry includes threats to shoot police and at least one passage calling for the “burn[ing]” of then-President George W. Bush..." Full text: 'Burn a Bush’? Michelle Obama invites rapper Common to a poetry reading
And the republican politician Peter King at a time in his past supported IRA terrorists – He has been to the White House several times - what’s your point?

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
:think: Maybe they'll send Air Force One to pick him up.

Air Force One

*Audio disabled due to copyright.....probably for the best with it being posted here*

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
And the republican politician Peter King at a time in his past supported IRA terrorists – He has been to the White House several times - what’s your point?
Wouldn't it be nice to hear :Nineveh: them :peach: talk about black men staying with their wives to head up their families?

Do you feel me, yo? :think:

bigbang123

Well, I hate the fact that someone disrespectfully photoshopped the face of our President on the face of a monkey but i'm told that that comes under "Freedom of Speech" one of the freedoms people fought and died for. I'm told that i have to get use to some "disrespectful speech" from time to time and that it comes with the geography. Get use to it. Next problem.

Quincy

Common isn't the same type of artist a 50 cent or Kanye West is. :sigh: , but it's ok right? Because the world is black and white.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Wouldn't it be nice to hear :Nineveh: them :peach: talk about black men staying with their wives to head up their families?
Because everyone who hasn't worked in the system knows that white men don't have that problem... :plain:

Do you feel me, yo? :think:
Oh, I understand you. But then I grew up in Alabama. That sort of thing is old hat.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
...[E]veryone who hasn't worked in the system knows that white men don't have that problem.
Fatherless homes in the black community are a big problem. Perhaps the :Nineveh: Obamas :peach: could find time between :wazzup: bad poetry parties to speak out on the issue. :rolleyes:

[Abstract from the author: Michelle Gonzalez, et al. "Psychological Control Associated with Youth Adjustment and Risky Behavior in African American Single Mother Families."] "...A distinction between parental behavioral control and psychological control has been elucidated in the literature, yet far less is known about the role of psychological control in youth adjustment broadly or risky behavior in particular. We examined the interrelationship of maternal psychological control, youth psychosocial adjustment, and youth risk behaviors among African American single mother-youth (11-16-year old) dyads ( n = 194), families in which youth are more vulnerable to adjustment problems and risky behavior than Caucasian youth or youth from intact homes..." Michelle Gonzalez, et al. "Psychological Control Associated with Youth Adjustment and Risky Behavior in African American Single Mother Families." Journal of Child & Family Studies 20.1 (2011): 102. MasterFILE Premier. EBSCO. Web. 10 May 2011.

Arthur Brain

How does this work, :confused: you're a troll if you're on the Right but you're a cuddly bunny if you're on the Left? :hammer:

Well, it kinda works like this SD. You're a troll if you deliberately misrepresent people, make allegations towards other members sans evidence, misquote people out of context and link to own website etc. Left and Right really don't enter into it...Clear enough now? Excellent!
Glad to be of service etc

:e4e:

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
[Trolling] "...t kinda works like this SD...."

I thought so.

"...You're a troll if you deliberately misrepresent people..."
If I did that, it would be trollish as you say. :peach:
"...[M]ake allegations towards other members sans evidence, misquote people out of context and link to own website etc...."
I never interrupt Barbarian while he makes a fool of himself. :DK:
"...Left and Right really don't enter into it..."
Left and Right enter into it (Eccl 10:2).
"Glad to be of service..."
After you and Cheese take your disputes to the U.N., comment on Michelle Obama. What do you think of her? A little Spartan? :smokie:

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Wouldn't it be nice to hear them talk about black men staying with their wives to head up their families?

It seems these days, that abandoning one's spouse is almost a requirement to be a republican candidate for president.

Such displays of marital bliss may appear warm and spontaneous, but underneath lies a shrewd political calculation. The couple's message is unmistakable: Romney is the lone leading GOP presidential candidate or prospective candidate still on his first marriage. More important , perhaps, he's the only one who isn't an admitted adulterer.

With "family values" a defining principle for many primary voters and competitors' past foibles making headlines, Romney is clearly trumpeting an aspect of his candidacy that none of his top-tier rivals can match, observers say.

Just saying...