Hillary Clinton's emails

rexlunae

Well, I didn't mean I was shocked because a Clinton did it. I was surprised that a government address wasn't automatically given to all government officials. Unless she had a government one too and didn't use it.

Having been through the process, albeit in a different agency, I'm not too surprised. You might think there would have been a conversation that goes something like "Hello Madame secretary, here's your desk, here's your phone, and lets get you set up for an email address..."...but nothing anywhere near that organized happens. The only surprise for me is that the disorganization apparently goes all the way to the top.

That said, I don't think disorganization is the fundamental reason she did this.

I was surprised by his light punishment also. Seems to be a pretty serious offense. He wasn't even doing it for allegedly righteous purposes. It was his mistress. But I haven't seen the extent of the released information.

One way or the other, it seems like he's being given the chance to get it behind him. I can't help but think that's because of who he is rather than the severity of what he did, which was a breach of standards on multiple levels.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Having been through the process, albeit in a different agency, I'm not too surprised. You might think there would have been a conversation that goes something like "Hello Madame secretary, here's your desk, here's your phone, and lets get you set up for an email address..."...but nothing anywhere near that organized happens. The only surprise for me is that the disorganization apparently goes all the way to the top.
That's sad.

That said, I don't think disorganization is the fundamental reason she did this.
No, it's because she's a shady Democrat. :D

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Of course it isn't disorganization. It is done to hide what they are doing because it is illegal and unconstitutional.

Morpheus

"all" and "none" do not describe anything.
Personally, when it comes to a lack of honesty and ethics in Washington, I do not categorize them by Republican and Democrat, or conservative and liberal; I lump them together as politicians. In that case "all" comes pretty close. By the time politicians arrive in Washington, due to the present state of our bribery, er, I mean lobbying, system is structured (by them), all candidates from both parties are hand selected, bought and paid for. Where bribery and graft used to have legal consequences, they now are not only encouraged, but they have been legitemized into law, confirmed by a crooked judiciary. Honesty will not be tolerated. Disobedience to big donors is the quickest ticket home. Any time attention is drawn to some politician's impropriety I understand that one office is fought over by two similar politicians from different parties, and they will each smear the other so they can gain an advantage by engaging in improprieties themselves. It's a race to the bottom.with a multi-billion-dollar prize for the winners.
Of course it isn't disorganization. It is done to hide what they are doing because it is illegal and unconstitutional.
There is nothing unconstitutional about it since it is written into statutory law; and the actual language of the statute grants department chiefs a great deal of discretion in structuring how their department may comply with the statute. What the state department did may very well be technically "legal" according to the statute. When it comes down to court decisions the "spirit" of a law has little value; courts deal primarily with the specific words and sentence structure commonly referred to as the "letter" of the law. A twenty-page court decision frequently hangs on one word and how it is used in a sentence. That is why I posted the relevant statute in an earlier post. The language isn't as specific or restrictive as the National Review would lead you to believe. Yet legal and ethical are two very different things.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
There is nothing unconstitutional about it since it is written into statutory law; and the actual language of the statute grants department chiefs a great deal of discretion in structuring how their department may comply with the statute.

So Obama can write orders in violation of the law and his department can obey his orders? You crack me up.

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
I'm not sure Patraeus's crime was less severe. He did deliberately give classified materials to a journalist. There's no evidence so far that Clinton gave any material to unauthorized people. And the punishment doesn't seem like it was all that severe. It should allow him to start a lucrative career as a Washington insider. He didn't end up like Chelsea Manning.

Whats worse is that you may never know if she did, or did not have unauthorized communications being she controlled the server, BTW that is why there are laws concerning the archival of communication for government employees. I would say this is just another of the long laundry list of shenanigans that the Clintons engage in but hey!, they are allowed because they, like all liberals are elite, entitled, and no other liberal will ever hold them accountable. The lawlessness and complicit nature of the left wing press coupled with the liberal voting base which puts the progressive agenda above morals, character, or honesty we can all be sure this thing is a dead issue. If you think I am just being sarcastic let me present some examples:

1) Starting with your post here, you are not even remotely troubled that Mrs. Clinton has violated the law, in fact like a good liberal you rush to her defense. I can show hundreds of examples on just TOL where liberals on this site are complicit with the lawless acts of their their elected officials, even when they know they are wrong.

2) The IRS scandal, a crime of the government against the citizenry, which is now starting to shape up as a criminal act. You don't see any good liberals calling for justice there but, wow! during watergate they wanted blood and watergate was a crime of one party against another not a crime against the citizenry. Liberals are amazingly quiet when it is their own...wonder why that is? :think:

3) A Justice dept & liberals of every color exacerbate the shooting of a teenage thug by siding not with the law, or those that attempt to defend it (police), causing massive riots, looting, & property damage. When the Atty General comes out and does a half hearted mea culpa when he knows he was wrong & the shooting was justified do you hear the liberals admit their rush to judgement? heck no they make excuses for their lawlessness.

These are but, a few examples I could point out hundreds, admit it Rex you support the party of lawlessness, and have no problem making excuse for it.

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
So Obama can write orders in violation of the law and his department can obey his orders? You crack me up.

He is a liberal Nick, and liberals will always side with, and make excuse for their lawless liberal politicians. Why waste your breath, liberals are O.K. with lawlessness when it is their own guy doing it.

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
There is nothing unconstitutional about it since it is written into statutory law; and the actual language of the statute grants department chiefs a great deal of discretion in structuring how their department may comply with the statute. What the state department did may very well be technically "legal" according to the statute. When it comes down to court decisions the "spirit" of a law has little value; courts deal primarily with the specific words and sentence structure commonly referred to as the "letter" of the law. A twenty-page court decision frequently hangs on one word and how it is used in a sentence. That is why I posted the relevant statute in an earlier post. The language isn't as specific or restrictive as the National Review would lead you to believe. Yet legal and ethical are two very different things.

We will soon find out if he was right or not as the "Criminal in Chief" still has an injunction against his lawless edict. It may end up before the high court before you know it if the Fifth sides with Judge Haden. If the injunction holds, by the time Haden hears the case & rules Obama will be long gone, wheels of justice being slow and all. :thumb:

kmoney

Hall of Fame
1) Starting with your post here, you are not even remotely troubled that Mrs. Clinton has violated the law, in fact like a good liberal you rush to her defense.

:readthis:

I wasn't shocked by it, because this is kinda the Clintons' MO, but sometimes it's a little surprising when people conform so closely to your expectations. And it's not as if this is just some email address she had before. She created the domain name the day she was confirmed. This just shouldn't happen, ever.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
I read today that Obama said that he didn't know that Hillary wasn't using non-government email. What, he never received an email from her and saw that it wasn't from a 'gov' domain?? :idunno: How's that possible?

republicanchick

I read today that Obama said that he didn't know that Hillary wasn't using non-government email. What, he never received an email from her and saw that it wasn't from a 'gov' domain?? :idunno: How's that possible?

it's like this:

he thinks most Americans don't care... scary thing, he is probably right...

very likely right...

we should all be reaching out to the low info voters...

they are the majority..

___