hi

Status
Not open for further replies.
im an athiest, i stumbled upon here cause i wanted to debate. Well i dont belive that the bible and god are real. Im pretty sure ill be getting hate comments and i welcome that. I am very open minded and i would love to hear your side on things but if you throw out something with no factual evidence and only go by what you believe that doesnt count. Well, im a vegetarian and have been for 8 years, i love animals and im going to school for vet medicine and a minor in sociology.

YES! And we all here hate you and everything you stand for!!!!!!!!!!!
Just joking, read my posts, you will realize that many TOLers are cool!

Dena

Hi. I'm not an atheist but if that's who you are, then fine. Perhaps one day you will change your mind. I'm interested in limited vegetarianism (still eating fish) but my husband is not so I haven't made the full leap. Welcome to TOL.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
im an athiest, i stumbled upon here cause i wanted to debate. Well i dont belive that the bible and god are real. Im pretty sure ill be getting hate comments and i welcome that. I am very open minded and i would love to hear your side on things but if you throw out something with no factual evidence and only go by what you believe that doesnt count. Well, im a vegetarian and have been for 8 years, i love animals and im going to school for vet medicine and a minor in sociology.

Do you believe in using proper English? :confused:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
im an athiest, i stumbled upon here cause i wanted to debate.
Apologetics? An interesting waste of time. Here's why--if you challenge me to prove the existence of God I have one fairly simple question that will illuminate the problem on both sides: what criteria, if met, would objectively settle the question? If you can't answer it then you aren't really saying anything that can be addressed.

It's my position that there's no such criteria and that the only means of authenticating the supra natural would be the subjective experience of it.

Well i dont belive that the bible and god are real.
That explains the whole atheism designation then...:plain:...'cause you'd be a really bad one if you did.

Im pretty sure ill be getting hate comments and i welcome that.
Depends on who you run into, though why you'd welcome something like that...are you an emotional masochist as well? :think: Again, that would explain the context you've chosen for your life.

I am very open minded
Except when it comes to God and the Bible, apparently. So...a bit like saying you aren't prejudiced outside of Japanese and Croatians. :D

and i would love to hear your side on things
You mean debate our side of things.

but if you throw out something with no factual evidence
Depends on what you mean by factual evidence. What's the standard?

and only go by what you believe that doesnt count.
You mean it won't convince you. It's gravitas isn't something you control. Now if, as I suspect, you're willing to accept the existence of elephants so long as you can see them on the face of the moon, well, that's going to be problematic. :chuckle:

Well, im a vegetarian and have been for 8 years,
You must live in or near a city. It's a difficult lifestyle to adopt else.

i love animals and im going to school for vet medicine and a minor in sociology.
Worthy ambitions. I've adopted rescued animals exclusively for a while now. We had fifteen at one time (four dogs and eleven cats). I have acreage and a large old Southern home, so it wasn't one of those "call the ASPCA" moments. :eek: Age and illness has reduced the number to its current ten. I'm rather fond of animals as well.

Welcome to the monkey house, to steal from a favorite of mine. :poly: :e4e:

OMEGA

A vegetarian goes into a doctors office with a carrot in one ear,
a banana in the other ear and a Pineapple on his head.

What's wrong with me Doc, he asks.

The doctor takes one look and says,
Its obvious,
You are not eating properly.:chuckle:

--------------------------------------------
Hey Atheist, what do you know about Biblical History,

Hermeneutics, Exegesis or Ancient Greek, Aramaic and Hebrew ?

keypurr

Welcome to TOL. I believe in God and I accept it by faith . At on time I was an agnostic but a person came into my life an gave me good reasons why I should believe in the Bible. If you can toss away any Christian teachings you may have and start from scratch you to MAY find God.

Peace

nicholsmom

im an athiest, i stumbled upon here cause i wanted to debate. Well i dont belive that the bible and god are real.
You have a right to your beliefs and all the consequences that come with that, just like all the rest of us.
Im pretty sure ill be getting hate comments and i welcome that.
You are a person, right? We all get hated sometimes, but some of us abstain from hating in return. I do wonder if you will...

I am very open minded and i would love to hear your side on things but if you throw out something with no factual evidence and only go by what you believe that doesnt count.
That's not very open minded :crackup:

Well, im a vegetarian and have been for 8 years, i love animals and im going to school for vet medicine and a minor in sociology.
:rotfl:

Will you tell your dog and cat clients they really ought to quit the meat? Or will you only treat herbavores? ;)

:wave2: Welcome to TOL :wave2:

Status
Not open for further replies.