Heroic American Who Saved Lives Murdered By Police

Traditio

BANNED
Banned
I dont disagree with that. But you left out the part about him to put the weapon down...

Why should he have to?

What happened to "don't tread on me"?

It's OK for the State to tread on you if they told you to put down something that you are lawfully entitled to be holding?

The 2nd amendment says that the people have the right to bear arms.

Amyrich

Why should he have to?

What happened to "don't tread on me"?

It's OK for the State to tread on you if they told you to put down something that you are lawfully entitled to be holding?

WHOAA...wait a minute. Shouldn't you have to obey a law enforcement officer if he/she commands you to lay down your weapon in a tense situation? In this specific situation, shouldn't everyone's safety trump an individual's 2nd Amendment rights? This warrants an in-depth examination of gun control research papers, don't you think?

Idolater

"Foundation of the World" Dispensationalist χρ
WHOAA...wait a minute. Shouldn't you have to obey a law enforcement officer if he/she commands you to lay down your weapon in a tense situation?
In a tense situation, you and the law enforcement officer are in a struggle for your lives, and the officer is telling you that in this case, in order for them to do their job best, they need to know that you are unarmed.
It's very good practice to drop any weapons in such circumstances.
In this specific situation, shouldn't everyone's safety trump an individual's 2nd Amendment rights?
Nothing ever trumps inalienable rights. If you obey the officer's command and drop your weapon, but then if someone tries to kill you, you should pick it back up and use it.
This warrants an in-depth examination of gun control research papers, don't you think?
All gun control laws, which are any laws that infringe the inalienable right to keep and bear all instruments constituting bearable arms, are illegal and should be nullified. Examine and study all you want, but gun control is illegal.

Idolater

even in cases of psychiatric disorders?
I have no problem securing people who can't be trusted with guns. I have a problem with letting them out, and then infringing everybody else's inalienable right, just and all because of them. This includes convicts.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
I have no problem securing people who can't be trusted with guns.

and that's what's driving the discussion - primarily psych cases and gangbangers - these are the majority of high publicity gun violence cases, and yet nobody discusses the obvious remedy - remove from society those who can't be trusted to obey society's rules

in the 1700's great britain did this by sentencing offenders to enslavement :think:

Last edited:

Idolater

and that's what's driving the discussion - psych cases, gangbangers - these are the majority of high publicity gun violence cases, and yet nobody discusses the obvious remedy - remove from society those who can't be trusted to obey society's rules
If there are people who we know that we can't trust with weapons, then they should be secured until and unless we can trust them. In the case of violent offenders, it's up to them. We should not infringe our own inalienable rights, so that our enemies can be freed from jail.
in the 1700's great britain did this by sentencing offenders to enslavement :think:
You have to protect innocent people from violent criminals somehow. Otherwise, what are we even doing?