Hello

josh95

Hello,
My name is Josh I am from the UK.
I am currently studying at one of the top university's in England and like to think of my self as an intellectual.

I have ventured onto the forum and several other religious forums online, this is because I want to try and gather a further understanding of how religious people think and perceive the world around them.

When I was younger I went to church every Sunday and thus have become very knowledgeable about Christianity, me and my family attended faith camps and other forms of religious gatherings.

However, I have always found religion to be irrational and illogical every since I can remember.
The Idea of creationism has never made sense to me, all of my family were devote believers of the "faith" however I could not seem to understand it.
To me religion has soo many unanswered questions, and makes no sense at all in this day and age.

Alas, this is why I am here.
I have always tried very hard to perceive the world in "gods word" I just cannot seem to formulate at all how this could be possible.
So I want to understand the philosophy of "believers" and maybe it will help formulate my own outlook of creation and meaning.

If I upset of offend anyone on here I am very sorry.

glorydaz

Hello,
I am currently studying at one of the top university's in England and like to think of my self as an intellectual.

I have ventured onto the forum and several other religious forums online, this is because I want to try and gather a further understanding of how religious people think and perceive the world around them.

When I was younger I went to church every Sunday and thus have become very knowledgeable about Christianity, me and my family attended faith camps and other forms of religious gatherings.

However, I have always found religion to be irrational and illogical every since I can remember.
The Idea of creationism has never made sense to me, all of my family were devote believers of the "faith" however I could not seem to understand it.
To me religion has soo many unanswered questions, and makes no sense at all in this day and age.

I have always tried very hard to perceive the world in "gods word" I just cannot seem to formulate at all how this could be possible.
So I want to understand the philosophy of "believers" and maybe it will help formulate my own outlook of creation and meaning.

There are lots of religions. All with people seeking the meaning of life. Did you ever wonder why you and others have this great "interest" or should I say "longing" to find answers about why we are here? It's because we were created to know God, and the things of God are all around us. Which is why we are without excuse.

Romans 1:19-20KJV
Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them. For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:​

josh95

Do you believe God to be the creator?
How do you perceive God?
What do you believe is God's origin if he has one?
Do you believe only Humans are born to seek God?
Do you agree with all other religions?
Do you read the Bible as fact, or as a story to be perceived objectively?
Why do you believe in God?

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Hello,

You need to find the rational and logical side of religion, then once you do, you have a bases to stand on.

Being new here, you may find many different views; some are very much at odds with other views.

glorydaz

Do you believe God to be the creator?
How do you perceive God?
What do you believe is God's origin if he has one?
Do you believe only Humans are born to seek God?
Do you agree with all other religions?
Do you read the Bible as fact, or as a story to be perceived objectively?
Why do you believe in God?

Hey, where's the tape recorder? This is an interview, right?

I could tell you why I believe in God, but you'd have to pay me first. :chuckle:

brinny

Hi Josh, welcome to the forums.
3.gif

bybee

Hello,

Science also has many unanswered questions. The more we learn about anything the more we realize how little we know.
Yet, we continue to quest.
I have thought that as a foundation for behavior in this life "Love God, love your neighbor" pretty much takes care of things.