Hello Lon

Status
Not open for further replies.

6days

And what did Jesus tell those who believed in him that they are to do? He said to those who believed in him that they are to continue in his word, and that means live by what he taught. We are to be doers of the word and not hearers only.

John 8

As he spake these words, many believed on him.

Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed

Although I disagree with you often...you are totally correct with what you say in this post. But... we don't become disciples by doing; Instead we do because we are His disciples.

Reactions: Lon

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Although I disagree with you often...you are totally correct with what you say in this post. But... we don't become disciples by doing; Instead we do because we are His disciples.

Jesus picked all His followers to become His disciples.

You cannot follow Him without doing anything.

Jesus told many things to follow Him to His disciples..

Why are you so bothered by Christians who is trying to obey Him?

Lon

Lon,

Thank you for giving me opportunity to discuss what Jesus says about Christianity.

My first question to you is:

1) what does Jesus say about how to become His disciple or follower?

Thank you again.

Matt. 16:24
He will be back.

Be patient, dear.

peace.

Matt. 16:24
1) Yep, we deny all and take up our cross and follow Him OR we cannot be His disciples. How is everyone doing with that? Kudos if you are, (seriously) :up:

2)Do you think there is a difference between a new creation and a disciple? Can one who is not a new creation follow Christ? Is everyone who is a disciple, a new creation?

3) Was the Lord Jesus Christ talking about a state of perfection? Was it a general attitude where if I flub up some days, that's okay? IOW, was it a teachable moment and pointing to something only He could do, or was it something that was actually possible?

4) I am not wealthy, but by the world's standards, I'm very wealthy, even poor in America. Jesus said Matthew 19:16-24
Is discipleship the same as heaven? If we really followed Jesus, would we have no home? Live in poverty? I think that is exactly what discipleship means: to follow in His exact footsteps. If not, what wouldn't we actually follow today? How would we know?

meshak

BANNED
Banned
1) Yep, we deny all and take up our cross and follow Him OR we cannot be His disciples. How is everyone doing with that? Kudos if you are, (seriously) :up:

2)Do you think there is a difference between a new creation and a disciple? Can one who is not a new creation follow Christ? Is everyone who is a disciple, a new creation?

3) Was the Lord Jesus Christ talking about a state of perfection? Was it a general attitude where if I flub up some days, that's okay? IOW, was it a teachable moment and pointing to something only He could do, or was it something that was actually possible?

4) I am not wealthy, but by the world's standards, I'm very wealthy, even poor in America. Jesus said Matthew 19:16-24
Is discipleship the same as heaven? If we really followed Jesus, would we have no home? Live in poverty? I think that is exactly what discipleship means: to follow in His exact footsteps. If not, what wouldn't we actually follow today? How would we know?

thank you Lon.

Matthew 16:24 (NKJV)
24 Then Jesus said to His disciples, “If anyone desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow Me.

So you sum up this for being His disciple or follower?

2) So do you admit He does not say anything about believing in the trinity is not condition to be saved?

Lon

thank you Lon.

24 Then Jesus said to His disciples, “If anyone desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow Me.

Yes

2) So do you admit He does not say anything about believing in the trinity is not condition to be saved?
Hold on. Let's tackle trinity a bit later. We have a lot to discuss yet about disciple, new creation and saved.

Meshak, did any disciples turn away? Do any new creations lose their new createdness? Does being a disciple mean 'saved?'

Do you know of any scriptures that answer or address these questions? I will try to help in the next post but we are both committed to going to Jesus for the answers so I will wait on Him until He gives you these answers. -Lon

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
thank you Lon.

FYI, there are religious orders of the Church who take vows of poverty and such, for those who are led of God to that sort of life. They are great assets, and many Saints of the Church were led to lead lives like this.

6days

So you don't admit following Jesus is not the way to salvation?

I think my answer will be the same as many Christians. We follow Him because we are saved. We don't follow Him trying to earn salvation.
Jesus paid the price for me and you at Calvary. I can't add on brownie points to what Jesus did, through my behavior. He paid my debt in full.

Again...I follow Him because I love Him...I'm indebted to Him...He knows what is best for me and wants my obedience.

glorydaz

Lon is a Calvinist and will say that he doesn't do anything. He is as a brain dead person without a heart, and God will chose to make him alive for no reason except that he is Sovereignly picked.

The Truth is that God tells us what to do to be saved, and we do it.

God saves those who believe and obey Him.

There she goes.....adding to the Gospel of Salvation. Shame on you, God's UNtruth. :nono:

Why don't you tell us how many acts of obedience will get you saved and how many failures to obey will keep you from getting saved? Come on...don't be shy.

God's Truth

There she goes.....adding to the Gospel of Salvation. Shame on you, God's UNtruth. :nono:

Jesus says that we have to obey to be saved.

You don't know the scriptures?

Why don't you tell us how many acts of obedience will get you saved

Jesus says to search and you will find.

Why don't you search for what he wants you to do?

He will save you when he accepts you.

Never give up, give out, or give in.

Wait for the Lord.

and how many failures to obey will keep you from getting saved? Come on...don't be shy.

Paul says work it out with trembling and fear.

God's Truth

GT, you are so censored.
You need to believe in Him. John 3:16 (KJV)

As for that scripture about God so loving the world---that is about God loving His creation. God DOES NOT even know you personally unless you first love Him by obeying Him.

Go ahead, ask me for the scriptures.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.