Hello everyone!

recreatedanew

Hi guys,

I am so glad to have found this website. I am a new Christian who has loads of questions and comments. I drive the pastors at my Church crazy! I love thinking and reading about God so I actually created a blog talking about my thoughts and experiences. I am 29 years old and grew up in an atheist household so it is all very new to me and wonderful. I look forward to participating on these forums!

Glenn (Recreatedanew)

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Hi guys,

I am so glad to have found this website. I am a new Christian who has loads of questions and comments. I drive the pastors at my Church crazy! I love thinking and reading about God so I actually created a blog talking about my thoughts and experiences. I am 29 years old and grew up in an atheist household so it is all very new to me and wonderful. I look forward to participating on these forums!

Glenn (Recreatedanew)
Welcome Glenn. Did anyone tell you that we require a long form birth certificate from Hawaii if you're going to be a regular participant here? Don't have one? :squint: We'll have to keep an eye on you while someone crafts an amendment to TOL's constitution.

And none of that, "But I wasn't born in Hawaii nonsense" either. We've heard that one before and we're not falling for it.

That aside, welcome to TOL! :e4e: I was an atheist for about 30 years and my conversion wasn't so long ago that I've forgotten the excitement of that time. :thumb: The kicker is it gets even better if you work on your relation.

See you around the place...with your papers. :plain: :eek:

Krsto

Hi Recreatedanew :wave: and welcome aboard. I like people who ask questions and drive their pastors crazy because I've done a bit of that too. Pointed questions are my favorite. I also grew up an atheist, but not a particularly intellectual one, unless being able to list my favorite Led Zeppelin songs even while stoned counts as intellectualism. I thought it did at the time so that should count for something.

Well hope to see you around.

recreatedanew

Haha thanks guys! please don't count my post as spam, I honestly just have loads and loads of questions on things like the Trinity, predestination etc, all the goodies! I guess I joined these forums and created a blog to give a bit of relief to my pastors, I am sure they must get sick of me lol!

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Wow! Recreated and new? Extra special then. :D

Welcome to TOL! :wave:

:)

chickenman

a-atheist
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Hi, recnew! :wave2:
Glad to have you aboard. If you tell Town Heretic to stop picking on you, then he will. I promise.

Eventually.

In some way.

Kinda...

:)

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
TH must be otherwise preoccupied. :think:

I wonder what could have gotten him so distracted? :idunno:

What?

Oh, yeah. It's a thread for tautologies. Leave me alone!

nicholsmom

Haha thanks guys! please don't count my post as spam, I honestly just have loads and loads of questions on things like the Trinity, predestination etc, all the goodies! I guess I joined these forums and created a blog to give a bit of relief to my pastors, I am sure they must get sick of me lol!

Just to warn you- you're about to get more answers than you bargained for! Good luck!

Just what I was thinking, IH.

Glenn, I don't think I've ever asked a single question of a pastor concerning Christian doctrine. I ask about denominational beliefs, about the date of the next fellowship dinner ;) and stuff like that. My current pastor asks me questions concerning my Calvinistic leanings, but that's more to get a sense of what I'm going to be teaching the Junior High group :shut:

I get answers to doctrinal questions by (1) reading the greats on the subject - or be reading books by those who "pre-chew" the works of the greats for me; (2) checking the answers against Scripture; (3) praying and listening; and (4) going back to Scripture again.

Don't get me wrong, there must be pastors out there who know the various doctrines and the arguments supporting and denying each. I just haven't found one yet... well, maybe one, but I moved so I no longer have access to him. I think AMR is a pastor - I'd go to him (have, in fact) with questions. But I don't think that I'd go to someone who was driven crazy with my questions (maybe you were being hyperbolic).

Be careful here. There are many and varied answers to your questions, and you will find a good sampling here at TOL. Check them against Scripture; seek first the Kingdom of God and its righteousness...

Oh right. Welcome to TOL :wave:

Dena

Well in that case, hello and welcome!

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Welcome to TOL, and don't let the peanut gallery get you down. Posts asking honest questions are not spam. ;)