Hello all, new here.

Thanks for all the welcomes guys! Since I cant search, can anyone recommend a thread that might be based on books/currently reading/recommendations? I didnt want to start a new thread if there is already one.

As for the "other" part goes, I chose that because I am new to Christianity. Well, I was mostly brought up on a secular home, but we did go to church from time to time, and I have distant memories of going to Sunday school. But thats about it - that is why Im saying Im new to it. I lived a large part of my life as a secularist. I believed in God, but I didnt really follow any particular religion. But something odd happened to me about 6 months ago that drew me back to Christ. I dont know how to explain it, but it was some sort of natural force within me I felt to learn more about Christianity.

Anyway, the reason I chose "other" is because Im still learning and I dont want to call myself a Christian until I have a good grasp on everything. Hope that makes sense.
Makes perfect sense and welcome. I don't remember seeing a book thread here, but there may have been one in the past. In any event, it sounds like a good thread topic. If you specifically looking for Christian type books, I would start one under Religion. Otherwise, I would start one under ... And the Rest section. Welcome.

rougueone

Hi guys, my name is James. Im new here. Ive only been studying theology for a few months now, but Im hoping to learn a lot from here. Ive been reading a lot of threads and there is a ton of great info here! Ive recently been reading and studying books by NT Wright and David Bentley Hart. Hope all of you are well!:)

Welcome JM. Theology is a precarious avenue. But Jesus is easy.

Jesus to JM, " Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.”

Matthew 11:28-30

Nanja

Welcome JM. Theology is a precarious avenue. But Jesus is easy.

Jesus to JM, " Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.”

Matthew 11:28-30

John 6:44 No man can come to me,
except the Father which hath sent me draw him:
and I will raise him up at the last day.

In order to come to Truth, we must compare scripture with scripture 1 Cor 2:13.

~~~~~

IMJerusha

Thanks for all the welcomes guys! Since I cant search, can anyone recommend a thread that might be based on books/currently reading/recommendations? I didnt want to start a new thread if there is already one.

As for the "other" part goes, I chose that because I am new to Christianity. Well, I was mostly brought up on a secular home, but we did go to church from time to time, and I have distant memories of going to Sunday school. But thats about it - that is why Im saying Im new to it. I lived a large part of my life as a secularist. I believed in God, but I didnt really follow any particular religion. But something odd happened to me about 6 months ago that drew me back to Christ. I dont know how to explain it, but it was some sort of natural force within me I felt to learn more about Christianity.

Anyway, the reason I chose "other" is because Im still learning and I dont want to call myself a Christian until I have a good grasp on everything. Hope that makes sense.

Hello JM! Welcome to TOL! A solid grasp on Yeshua is as good as we can get! May you remain in Him and be blessed in your study of God's Word! :)